• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, missmuffet said:

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22

Test all things; hold fast what is good.  Abstain from every form of evil.

Imho people do sins whether there are TV or not. So TV is just an electronic stuff which can be viewed wisely. Watching news or cooking is not sinful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/5/2021 at 4:58 AM, R. Hartono said:

Imho people do sins whether there are TV or not. So TV is just an electronic stuff which can be viewed wisely. Watching news or cooking is not sinful.

It is all about the Christian choices that we make and being obedient to God. 

• Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is all about the Christian choices that we make and being obedient to God. 

Christians church use TV too to spread Bible, there are 8 churches in this country do that.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/3/2021 at 2:12 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Is TV a sin? I ask because i think it is... There was no TV in the beginning before sin arrived, so its not something God intended us to do (watching TV.) I know violent videos, and tv shows/movies are a sin most definitely there's no doubt about it, but what about shows and videos that are to build someones confidence and body through healthy dieting and exercise/weight lifting videos. Or what about TV shows about Jesus or religious motivational videos? They all bring good thing's, but again God didn't intend for us to watch TV, and it wasn't here in the beginning, so is it a sin in general for all TV/Videos/Movies to be watched? I ask because i stopped watching TV about a year ago, and haven't watched not one TV show/Movie/video since... Besides one specific video i watch here and there, but i don't watch it i turn my screen off and listen to it. Aside from that one video, I haven't watched nothing because I think it's sinfull.

Please really think about this question and answer it with as much truth as possible

Follow what is teaching in these verse and everything will be fine:

• Php 4:8 -> "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
  • 2Co 6:17-18 -> "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."
  • 1Th 5:22  -> "Abstain from all appearance of evil."
  • Gal 5:13  -> "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another."
  • Eph 4:27  -> "Neither give place to the devil."

1Co 10:31  -> "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 6/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Is TV a sin? I ask because i think it is... There was no TV in the beginning before sin arrived, so its not something God intended us to do (watching TV.)

Oh, if it were that simple.

That is an illogical conclusion. A vast number of things (like almost everything) were not around before sin, but that doesnt mean nearly everthing is a sin.

Anyway, the TV in itself is not sinful, it is like a scroll or carrier pigeon of the old days, it's used to send messages, but some messages are bad.

Edited by Kenny'sID

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 6/3/2021 at 2:28 AM, Who me said:

What is sin?

sin means to be caught in a trap or a snare. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 6/3/2021 at 1:12 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Is TV a sin? I ask because i think it is...

I did not watch TV for years. I just read the Bible. Even I would spend up to 12 hours a day reading the Bible. I had a little TV in the closet and I took it out one day to watch the olympics or something I thought was acceptable. Like you I am not sure there is anything acceptable on the TV. Although the media of motion pictures is neither good or evil. I mostly watch teaching on YouTube: science history and religion. 

Acting has been around before Christ. The two masks of comedy and tragedy. I was a theater major and we studied a lot about the greek plays and theater. Even the use of perspective. Did Jesus use theaters back then? If Jesus were alive would he use TV today?  What would Jesus do? He lived His life as an example for us to follow.