Cheerful Giver

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.67
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Each of you should give whatever you have decided.

You shouldn't be sorry that you gave or feel forced to give,

since God loves a cheerful giver.”

2 Corinthians 9:7

But God has not called us to give to others just so we could end up poor, also.

NO! God has promised to multiply what we give, so we will have more to give in the future.

Unknown

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Daily verse and quote said:

God has promised to multiply what we give, so we will have more to give in the future.

Unknown

Which verse ?

God is not fish which can be lured with bigger bait to catch bigger fish.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

“And God can give you more blessings than you need, and you will always have plenty of everything. You will have enough to give to every good work.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭9:-8‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Luke 6:38 (NIV)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

8 hours ago, R. Hartono said:
8 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

God has promised to multiply what we give, so we will have more to give in the future.

Unknown

Which verse ?

God is not fish which can be lured with bigger bait to catch bigger fish.

R. Hartono says,  "God is not fish which can be lured with bigger bait to catch bigger fish"

No, but, God is light. In him is no darkness, at all. (He can not lie) His promises are true. ALL of them.
If he says it, it's finished. Whether you believe it or not.   You can not out give God. (ps, he owns it all)
I think Hartono, you are seeing God's promise through eyes that do not believe/understand, about giving.

The original post says;
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give,
not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”   
   2nd Corinthians 9:7

God is teaching us it really is a joy to give. I didn't think so at first, working hard for my pay.
So many lazy believe it's their right to be given that what I worked hard for my own family. Bad attitude.
My giving was from duty/obedience. Over time, my eyes were opened. I saw the results of my giving.
It wasn't a loss of money but a sharing of  God's blessings. He blessed me so I was enabled/privileged/blessed
to be the giver, and not the one needing the help.

"I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. "  Acts 20:35

One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.    Proverbs 11:24

"Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days"  Ecclesiastes 11:1

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.   Proverbs 11:25

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”   Luke 6:38

The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.  Proverbs 11:25

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.”   Proverbs 3:27

These are the promises of God, truth, and it is wisdom to really learn them. (God's desire is to bless you)

The best understanding I learned about God's best blessings is it ain't just about money.
Everything, everything, your health income family church home friends feelings etc are a blessing from God.
I thought I had so little (no shoes) till I realized I had feet, and could walk.....

It's all how you view your life. Having been exposed to many 3rd world countries, I have become so very grateful
and thankful I am blessed with such an abundance, and able to share from this abundance.
                          The more it pours out, the fuller it gets........
default_cool2.gif.7ae228d4f967530a7a8e8d166812ca3d.gif

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD"

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Sower said:

R. Hartono says,  "God is not fish which can be lured with bigger bait to catch bigger fish"

No, but, God is light. In him is no darkness, at all. (He can not lie) His promises are true. ALL of them.
If he says it, it's finished. Whether you believe it or not.   You can not out give God. (ps, he owns it all)
I think Hartono, you are seeing God's promise through eyes that do not believe/understand, about giving.

The original post says;
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give,
not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”   
   2nd Corinthians 9:7

God is teaching us it really is a joy to give. I didn't think so at first, working hard for my pay.
So many lazy believe it's their right to be given that what I worked hard for my own family. Bad attitude.
My giving was from duty/obedience. Over time, my eyes were opened. I saw the results of my giving.
It wasn't a loss of money but a sharing of  God's blessings. He blessed me so I was enabled/privileged/blessed
to be the giver, and not the one needing the help.

"I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. "  Acts 20:35

One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.    Proverbs 11:24

"Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days"  Ecclesiastes 11:1

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.   Proverbs 11:25

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”   Luke 6:38

The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.  Proverbs 11:25

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.”   Proverbs 3:27

These are the promises of God, truth, and it is wisdom to really learn them. (God's desire is to bless you)

The best understanding I learned about God's best blessings is it ain't just about money.
Everything, everything, your health income family church home friends feelings etc are a blessing from God.
I thought I had so little (no shoes) till I realized I had feet, and could walk.....

It's all how you view your life. Having been exposed to many 3rd world countries, I have become so very grateful
and thankful I am blessed with such an abundance, and able to share from this abundance.
                          The more it pours out, the fuller it gets........
default_cool2.gif.7ae228d4f967530a7a8e8d166812ca3d.gif

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD"

Thanks Sower,

As we all know God is not fish which can be lured with bigger bait to catch bigger fish.

We shall not give just to expect return of prosperity n bigger money, thats not a cheerful giver does.

The poor widow who gave more than anybody with her 2 coins remained poor.

Paul gather donation for the poor saints in Jerusalem, God did not make them rich. Those saints didnt become rich by parroting verses of prosperity that u wrote. Paul did not visit them to give verses but gave money.

Prosperity Gospel deceive people with promises of wealth by giving more n Moore. 

Whether God want to make people rich or not its God's Will n we shud not be parroting verses to persuade God to give us prosperity. We shud Just be a cheerful giver. Cant we.

What hv people become rich from if they hv no job ,?!??,,unless they abuse verses n TITHES n get rich from people's donation like those pharisees whom Jesus called swallowing the houses of widows n orphans.

Its the good Samaritan who help people on the streets, the priests n the Levits pretended didnt see n continue their lives parroting verses in synagogues for donation, its the picture of prosperity Gospel which typically stress that everything belong to God so we must give in return, did God ever ask for a change/return money ?

As Paul said be a cheerful giver, so whether we give or not its between us and God so we shud not be sorry n why shud others ?

Edited by R. Hartono

On 6/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, Daily verse and quote said:

God  has promised to multiply what we give, so we will have more to give in the future.

Unknown

Imho God is not a Bank who give interest in return for deposits.

Did we give more than Paul who also supported other brothers by working to produce tents ? Why did Paul suffer many Times in hunger n cold of lack clothing ?

if we want our money multiplied we shud store it in the bank, or invest it in gold or shares, or run a business by selling something. Not by giving donation. Never.

IMho God is not a fish that we can lure with bigger bait to catch bigger fish. 

Edited by R. Hartono

Let's look at the larger context in which this verse appears:
"Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously.
Each of you must give what you have decided in your heart, not with regret or under compulsion, since God loves a cheerful giver.
Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work.
As it is written, "He scatters everywhere and gives to the poor;
his righteousness lasts forever."

2 Corinthians 9:6-9 (ISV)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2021 at 5:13 AM, Daily verse and quote said:

Let's look at the larger context in which this verse appears:
"Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously.
Each of you must give what you have decided in your heart, not with regret or under compulsion, since God loves a cheerful giver.
Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work.
As it is written, "He scatters everywhere and gives to the poor;
his righteousness lasts forever."

2 Corinthians 9:6-9 (ISV)

That speaks of heavenly reward, not money rewarded.

Nobody come knocking at ur door saying God is bringing u the money reward to response ur charity.

Why cant we just donate to help people without expecting any prosperity in return ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

I give and yet God blesses me with a return anyway. I don’t do it for a return but because I am cheerful (happy) to help. I just remember how happy I am when someone helps me and imagine that’s how people feel when I help them.

“Giving help to the poor is like loaning money to the Lord. He will pay you back for your kindness.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭19:17‬ ‭

If people give ONLY to get something back, God probably does not give them anything back. He says he will pay us back for our kindness. Giving ONLY to receive is not kind.

“People think that whatever they do is right, but the Lord judges the reasons for everything they do.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭21:2‬ ‭

“Your spirit is like a lamp to the Lord. He is able to see into your deepest parts.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭20:27‬ ‭

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 1