• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

2 minutes ago, Whyme said:

I suppose i was referring to chapter 6 and 3. I see your point about chapter 3, but my focus is on anything to do with the temple of the holy spirit.

My apologies to you guys for looking at another similar text, though I don't think a specific text was mentioned.

Since this is the text you are focusing on, this answer might depend on how we see the Holy Spirit. One observation here, 1 Cor chapter 6 starts out addressing immature Christians just like chapter 3 does. 1 Cor 6 says a lot about s-e-x.  There is something very unholy about the union of a Christian physically with a prostitute. 

I have read better descriptions than I can probably give of what happens when  in chap 6:16 when it refers to being joined as "one" to a prostitute. Outwardly it looks more like simply a physical act that is obviously a sin, yet something deeper is taking place according to the text at the souls/spirit level. The closest I can get to a description for what happens might be when we take a blood transfusion from someone else. A part of them is residual in us. Apparently something similar is taking place in the spiritual realm causing us to be in some way tied to the other person.

When people view sexual materials they should not be viewing I wonder if it has the same effect? Would a person still own a part of that person even though no contact was made? To be clear I'm not attempting to justify either one. Both are sin, but there is a difference so far as the physical contact goes. Is the bond tighter if there is physical contact? If so, why?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Starise said:

My apologies to you guys for looking at another similar text, though I don't think a specific text was mentioned.

Since this is the text you are focusing on, this answer might depend on how we see the Holy Spirit. One observation here, 1 Cor chapter 6 starts out addressing immature Christians just like chapter 3 does. 1 Cor 6 says a lot about s-e-x.  There is something very unholy about the union of a Christian physically with a prostitute. 

I have read better descriptions than I can probably give of what happens when  in chap 6:16 when it refers to being joined as "one" to a prostitute. Outwardly it looks more like simply a physical act that is obviously a sin, yet something deeper is taking place according to the text at the souls/spirit level. The closest I can get to a description for what happens might be when we take a blood transfusion from someone else. A part of them is residual in us. Apparently something similar is taking place in the spiritual realm causing us to be in some way tied to the other person.

When people view sexual materials they should not be viewing I wonder if it has the same effect? Would a person still own a part of that person even though no contact was made? To be clear I'm not attempting to justify either one. Both are sin, but there is a difference so far as the physical contact goes. Is the bond tighter if there is physical contact? If so, why?

No apology needed, you had a valid point about the difference in the two chapters. As for your question, i dont know. I do like this scripture here. It says we are one with the Lord. 

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, Starise said:

My apologies to you guys for looking at another similar text,

I think chapter 3 that you referred to is very relevant and we could pull from both chapter 3 and 6 for this question. 

Im thinking the material vs physical contact produces lust,  bad thoughts, and spiritual problems.

We can see that physical contact produces spiritual problems and many other problems such as divorce from infidelity, broken families (single parenthood), child support cases with jail time, debt, and revoked licenses from non payment of child support, hate, abortions because not married, sexually transmitted diseases from multiple partners and worse of all being charged with being and adulterer or fornicator and possibly a murderer. I’m sure there’s even more we can add. And to think all that needs to be done to avoid this list is to only sleep with who your married to just like God told us in the beginning. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

How often do we think about being one with the Lords Spirit? What does that mean exactly? Is that like a marriage contract? James calls his readers adulterers because they were friends with the world. Spiritual adultery is a real thing, Israel was guilty of it. Its like the marriage relationship we have with our spouse is just the symbolism and the real relationship it points to is our relationship with the Lord. I dont know, just my thoughts.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Is that like a marriage contract?

I think it is. God is faithful to us and we should be faithful to him. We should love him with all our hearts and worship no other Gods.

“For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭62:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee; Christ is the Lord God of his church and people; Immanuel, God with us; and he stands in the relation of a bridegroom to them, and they in the relation of a bride to him; and as such he rejoices over them with exceeding great joy”

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest clancy
4 hours ago, Whyme said:

How often do we think about being one with the Lords Spirit? What does that mean exactly? Is that like a marriage contract? James calls his readers adulterers because they were friends with the world. Spiritual adultery is a real thing, Israel was guilty of it. Its like the marriage relationship we have with our spouse is just the symbolism and the real relationship it points to is our relationship with the Lord. I dont know, just my thoughts.

Being in agreement with the Holy Spirit, walking in his will, being one with the Lord is like a marriage contract, my spirit belongs to God, my life, my body,

I either surrender to him or I go my own way....well, I did that at the beginning of my walk ,as I had no understanding, a new babe.

Over the years I have, ( I believe) submitted most areas of my life over to God, He is in charge, I don’t want to be in charge, I mess up big time, the flesh is weak ,but the spirit is willing,......

I am His Temple, he dwells within me, he is alive in me, we can grieve and hurt God, that is my belief.

No one comes before God...I had two large Buddha statues, I had them for around a year ,why did I buy them,I paid a lot of money for them, in my ignorance,I never knew they were a false God.

God I believe, told me to get rid of them...I did, immediately I heard him say. “ get rid of them”.

Edited by clancy

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

HAVING  THE  SPIRIT 

IF  THE  SPIRIT  DWELLS  IN  YOU  DO  YOU  NOT  THEN  SPEAK  THE  SPIRIT

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing --the words-- that  I speak they are spirit and they are life 

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and then shall that wicked be revealed whom  THE  LORD  shall consume with the spirit of  HIS  MOUTH  and shall destroy with the brightness of  HIS  coming 

JOHN 3:34  for  HE  whom  GOD  hath sent speaketh the words of  GOD  for  GOD  giveth not the spirit by measure unto  HIM

PROVERBS 15:4  a wholesome tongue is a tree of life but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST