• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, debrakay said:

One of you mentioned the word slave and that is a word I have used sometimes in place of the word servant.  Whether I am his servant or his slave it is my responsibility to be obedient to the Master.  My will should always be aligned to do his will in my life as a good and faithful servant and/or slave. 

The Hebrew word for “bondservant,” ‘ebed, had a similar connotation. However, the Mosaic Law allowed an indentured servant to become a bondservant voluntarily: “If the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  451
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

Very liked we've gottne thru some deepthinking and resolce many issues proving G-d lets us choose and we must choose the right decisions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

Greetings,

It is almost a controversial topic the liberty to make free choices or fulfilling the destiny that has already been chosen for us.

I look at the character of God and it is clear throughout his word he is holy righteous and just.

I see the examples in the bible and it seems the angels in heaven had the ability to choose.

I see in the bible that God gave dominion and liberty for humanity to rule over creation.

I see the example of Adam and Eve and it seems they had the freedom to choose.

I see the examples in the bible and it seems all people and all nations had the choice to serve God.

I see the commandments and statutes in the bible which gave the people the choice to obey or disobey and be rewarded or punished.

I see a verse in the bible that gives me hope and comfort that says God is no respecter of persons.

This seems to indicate that God wants men to choose his own path.

Then I hear another point of view that God is omnipotent the highest authority, omnipresence everywhere at once, and omniscience, all knowing.

I hear many scriptures that refer to God knowing us before our birth, and some believe that our path and choices have already been chosen for us and we are just fulfilling our destiny and Gods plan for our lives.

When I consider the possibility of this position, it sounds like it contradicts examples, other scriptures and the character of God in the bible.

When I hear the quote, what right does the clay have to question the potter that basically God is sovereign and if he chooses to do this or that who are we to stand in his way.

When I contemplate both these points of view I can only conclude if I have free will or if I am just fulfilling Gods plan for my life       

May we all love God and my neighbour with all our hearts, and exhort edify and encourage all those that cross our paths.  

Peace.