IGNORED

I put this in my last post, but it's important that it get's answered please help me out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I will be putting wild roses I found and laying them along with two poem's i wrote for God and an empty pack of cigarette's symbolizing that iv decided to quit all on the alter. But im worried to do that because what do the church people do with them thing's i only want God too know the poem's not anybody else. I know he already know's them but i feel laying them at the alter is something more. So my question is... What do the churches worker's preacher's priest's etc... do with thing's that are layed at the alter or is there a better way of giving these thing's to God even though there already his because he created everything, which i think someone said in my post's but anyway's help me out please and thank you.

2 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I will be putting wild roses I found and laying them along with two poem's i wrote for God and an empty pack of cigarette's symbolizing that iv decided to quit all on the alter. But im worried to do that because what do the church people do with them thing's i only want God too know the poem's not anybody else. I know he already know's them but i feel laying them at the alter is something more. So my question is... What do the churches worker's preacher's priest's etc... do with thing's that are layed at the alter or is there a better way of giving these thing's to God even though there already his because he created everything, which i think someone said in my post's but anyway's help me out please and thank you.

Please if anybody can get back to me before 12 00 pm tonight. I would be greatful, for i would like to lay them at the alter tonight (it being father's day and all) Plus the church is only open until 12:00 on sunday's, and I don't want to go there with a bunch of people there.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

It would seem likely to me people would read your poem, unless you asked them not to. I see no need to put the poem on the altar. The Lord already knows what it says.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

10 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

will be putting wild roses I found and laying them along with two poem's i wrote for God and an empty pack of cigarette's symbolizing that iv decided to quit all on the alter

I suspect they will all be thrown away when somebody finds them, as the flowers will have wilted and the finder will be discussed by the litter being left on the alter.

God knows the poems you've written, he knows your intentions, what he wants is your participation in worship and service.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't believe it is nearly as important as you think to place these things on a physical alter.

Or, maybe I should ask, what you hope to gain by doing so?

1 minute ago, Kenny'sID said:

I don't believe it is nearly as important as you think to place these things on a physical alter.

Or, maybe I should ask, what you hope to gain by doing so?

I didn't see to gain nothing, i however felt it would be showing the lord i'm willing to face my fear's, and go into a church. As many have told me to go to church, but iv alway's had fear, social fear of seeing somebody at the church. Also it meant a lot to me that i would be going out of my way to place it on the alter for God, showing i'm putting in effort. Also even Jesus said to lay gift's on the alter, so it doesn't meen I was trying to gain anything.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:16 AM, Who me said:

I suspect they will all be thrown away when somebody finds them, as the flowers will have wilted and the finder will be discussed by the litter being left on the alter.

God knows the poems you've written, he knows your intentions, what he wants is your participation in worship and service.

Edited by faithfull-prophet4040

I thought it was a very nice thing and that God would be pleased with me by having 3 roses 3 meaning's all in the form of a cross laying apon two poem's, for him. I know the roses are already his, heeverything is :), and he already know's what i have written on the paper'. It was just the whole point, going out of my way facing my fear's, and going to the church and laying it apon the alter. It's said many time's in the bible of people leaving thing's on the alter, so I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand why i wanted to do this.

3 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I didn't see to gain nothing, i however felt it would be showing the lord i'm willing to face my fear's, and go into a church. As many have told me to go to church, but iv alway's had fear, social fear of seeing somebody at the church. Also it meant a lot to me that i would be going out of my way to place it on the alter for God, showing i'm putting in effort. Also even Jesus said to lay gift's on the alter, so it doesn't meen I was trying to gain anything.

I should have been more clear, when I said gain, i meant to gain in general, and not necessarily for yourself...acomplish would have been a better term.

At any rate, then I would simply go to church like you want to, and leave anything off the alter that you don't want anyone to read, or have.

3 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Also even Jesus said to lay gift's on the alter, so it doesn't meen I was trying to gain anything.

IF you really want to give Jesus a valuable gift, then you may want to help others and do it often. Read the following, and especially verse 40.  :)

Mathew 25:

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

• Well Said! 1