IGNORED

Defense of the Post Trib Rapture

George

Guest LCPGUY
Yes, but this is another misunderstanding on the end of post-tribbers.

so who's interpretation of what end times are is correct? and why? It's very intriguing to me...with all the differing 'opinions' of what it is, who's is the right interpretation...I believe that scriptures are not clearly stating what it is, and therefore, I think that all people who believe what they believe think that THEY are right. Why would my question be the 'misinterpretation', and yours the 'right interpretation'? Humbly asked, not to start a 'fight' PLEASE~! Merely a question as I'm sure that others would disagree with you and say that YOU had the 'misinterpretation'. Peace. :o

Dear SH,

You are right. This topic is one that we will never all agree on until after the fact. It is fun to debate though, as long as it can be done with civility and love.

Just my 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, but this is another misunderstanding on the end of post-tribbers.

so who's interpretation of what end times are is correct? and why? It's very intriguing to me...with all the differing 'opinions' of what it is, who's is the right interpretation...I believe that scriptures are not clearly stating what it is, and therefore, I think that all people who believe what they believe think that THEY are right. Why would my question be the 'misinterpretation', and yours the 'right interpretation'? Humbly asked, not to start a 'fight' PLEASE~! Merely a question as I'm sure that others would disagree with you and say that YOU had the 'misinterpretation'. Peace. :o

An honest inquiry is always welcome, and I will be the first to recognize that there is a difference of thought on this subject. Others here have referred to "the pre-trib lie.." whereas I would never use such language. The same thing for "once saved always saved?" These are doctrinal questions that can be debated without strife needing to enter in.

To answer your question... The fact that there were 70 weeks determined for Israel and Jerusalem is a biblical fact.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks (a week is a period of 7 years, so this is saying that there will be 70 seven year periods, or 70 X 7 years) are determined upon thy people (this is clearly referencing the Jews) and upon thy holy city (a clear reference to Jerusalem), to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Then it goes on...

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks (7 X 7 years), and threescore and two weeks (62 X 7 years): the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

This verse says there will be " 7 weeks and 62 weeks." That equal 69 weeks until "the Messiah the Prince." This means that once the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem was given there would be 483 years before the Messiah would present Himself.

Here is an amazing study that details just how accurate this prophecy was and it is another awesome testimony to the faithfulness of God and His word! (NOTE: This is a disection of the 70 weeks of Daniel. The article does not attempt to establish any specific "rapture position {pre/mid/post} as that is not the focus of the article.)

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Here, it shows that after 62 weeks (62 x 7 years = 483 years) Messiah would be "cut off (killed)."

Dan 9:27 And he (the Antichrist, or the "Coming World Leader") shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Here we learn the Antichrist will establish a peace treaty with Israel for 1 week (7 years), but will abandon the treaty at the mid-point (3.5 years/42 months). This is when the GT period begins, not at the beginning of the 70th week. There is no indication that the first 3.5 year period is full of "tribulation."

A proper understanding of the 70 weeks of Daniel is all that one needs in order to understand that the Church will not be part of the final week, seeing as they were not part of the first 69 weeks. The 70th week has nothing to do with the Church. It has everything to do with "thy people (the Jews) and upon thy holy city (Jerusalem). If you can grasp this one point you the rapture occuring before this 70th week will be much easier to behold. Then, take the passages on the rapture and read them. Then, you will see the Church in heaven (Rev 5:9), right after the Church Dispensation (Rev 2-3) before the GT even begins (Rev 6-19).

Also, notice that during the GT (Rev 6-19) God does not once address the Church, the Bride of Christ, by name. Apparently, if the Church is going through the GT, then He has nothing to say to them in this period. That would be unbelievable if it were true.

Finally, remember that the words about the rapture were to be comforting.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Now, knowing I had to go through the bowls, vials, and trumpets of God and then be overcome and beheaded by the Antichrist would not be very comforting, would it?

Blessings...

Edited to correct HTML markups.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I learned long ago that BEFORE I could get very involved in understanding Revelation and the latter day prophecies that I MUST FIRST get to know Jesus and the rest of the scriptures before I could begin to understand.

with all due respect ernie, I resent the fact that you reduce me to 'not knowing Jesus Christ' and his scriptures based on the fact that I asked a question about a 'subject' such as 'end times' . . . the subject truly NO ONE KNOWS for FACT, but you are most welcome to your opinion of me and others ... so be it! Peace and blessings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

I learned long ago that BEFORE I could get very involved in understanding Revelation and the latter day prophecies that I MUST FIRST get to know Jesus and the rest of the scriptures before I could begin to understand.

with all due respect ernie, I resent the fact that you reduce me to 'not knowing Jesus Christ' and his scriptures based on the fact that I asked a question about a 'subject' such as 'end times' . . . the subject truly NO ONE KNOWS for FACT, but you are most welcome to your opinion of me and others ... so be it! Peace and blessings.

:wub:

Guest JohnSC

rollinTHUNDER,

You are correct, my place is not here. I have deleted my previous posting, and I apologize.

The jews always believed in the resurrection, so did Job, but they were not taught about the rapture.

I thought Sadducees were Jews...and they didn't believe in the resurrection:

7 And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sad'ducees; and the assembly was divided. 8 For the Sad'ducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees acknowledge them all. Acts 23:7-8 (RSV)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

The jews always believed in the resurrection, so did Job, but they were not taught about the rapture.

I thought Sadducees were Jews...and they didn't believe in the resurrection:

7 And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sad'ducees; and the assembly was divided. 8 For the Sad'ducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees acknowledge them all. Acts 23:7-8 (RSV)

That is correct, the Pharisee's were the religious group that believed in the resurrection. But so did the close friends that hung around Jesus. Check out these verses as well. Job 19:25-27 / John 6:39 / John 11:23-24

cheers

rollinTHUNDER,

You are correct, my place is not here. I have deleted my previous posting, and I apologize.

Brother John wait,

Don't run off so fast. You don't have to opologize for anything, and we don't get rewarded for being right. You don't have to leave because you don't have all the answers. I'm sure you know some things that I don't as well. I think we would all be blessed if you stuck it out a while with us here, and we can all learn together. I believe many will be blessed by what was just learned here, and you were a very big part of it.

I must also confess:

I knew deep down that the last day was referring to the 1000 year reign, but I was never able to prove it. That is until you came along John. I finally saw the proof when I was examining the verses you posted, especially the last one. So you see, we both came out winners. You gained knowledge that can benefit countless people when and if you spread it around; and thanks to your post, I finally found the proof that evaded me for quite some time. I really appreciate it, and it will fit in rather nicely in chapter 6 of the book that I've been writing for over a year now.

Anyway, I just want to tell you that there is plenty of room for you here at Worthy Boards, and I hope you stay and at least give us a try.

May your blessings abound!

yes, but the statement was that ALL JEWS believed in the resurrection. The Sadducees WERE Jewish and they didn't fit into this category. That was the whole point. The Pharisees were the religious leaders that the jews were to Obey them, but NOT DO as THEY DID. They were hypocrits, YET the Jews were to OBEY the teachings (as the teachings came from God).

yes, but the statement was that ALL JEWS believed in the resurrection. The Sadducees WERE Jewish and they didn't fit into this category. That was the whole point. The Pharisees were the religious leaders that the jews were to Obey them, but NOT DO as THEY DID. They were hypocrits, YET the Jews were to OBEY the teachings (as the teachings came from God).

You must be referring to someone else then, because I never said that all Jews believed in the resurrection.