• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Chicken coop2 said:

The point is you are never going to convince me it's not real and I don't think I would ever be able to convince you it is. So let's just leave it at that. It's not the end of the world.  Not that that wouldn't be a wonderful thing.  I'm more than ready to go.  

My effort here is just to reveal where the foundation for tongues lie...  it is, by the witness of those involved, based off of experiential intuitions and feeling and not off the Word of God.... thus if any reading this might find concern with that fact... God’s Word is the foundation but not with tongues in present day examinations... 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

7 minutes ago, Waggles said:

the reality of God's word that we experience today in the Spirit-filled church - the Pentecostal church - the body of Christ 

1Cor 14:26  What is it then, brethren? When ye come together, each hath a psalm, hath a teaching, hath a revelation, hath a tongue, hath an interpretation. Let all things be unto edifying. 
14:27  If any speaketh in a tongue, let it be by two, or at the most three, and in turn; and let one interpret: 
14:28  but if there be no interpreter, let him be silent in church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 
14:29  And let prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern. 
14:30  But if a revelation be made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. 
14:31  For ye all can prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be exhorted; 
14:32  (and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; 
14:33  for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace), as in all the churches of the saints. 

This is how we do it at our meetings (when we come together) - God speaking to the saints directly confirming his word.

Yes you believe in an open canon of Scripture and clearly God has sealed His

Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV) [18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

the errors of charismatic churches is glaring and the written Word of God ranks way back in what they consider relevant for today....

My question for all practicing tongues(?) What spirit would wish to bypass God’s Word and man’s understanding of it and establish through intuitions and feelings a truth claim?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

My question for all practicing tongues(?) What spirit would wish to bypass God’s Word and man’s understanding of it and establish through intuitions and feelings a truth claim?

What are you writing of here??

Praying in tongues is the promise of God and confirmation of the word of God.

Praying in the Holy Spirit is operating the power of God within a true worshipper. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

None of this here tells how you have tried the spirits to see if this is of God... if this is beyond you and your mind then the thing itself, which is beyond you, is your trust factor? And how if it excludes you in it’s practice can be determined to be of God?

The Scripture says that it is according to our faith that the gifts are manifested.  Therefore if a person doesn't believe that the gifts are to be manifested today, then they won't be manifested in him or in his area of influence.   Therefore, because you have demonstrated that you don't believe in the modern use of the gift of tongues, it won't happen to you.  So don't sweat it concerning a gift that you have no faith in and therefore doesn't apply to you.

It is interesting that I read in Calvin's commentary to 1 Corinthians 7 that because a principle does or doesn't apply to one individual, it doesn't mean that it does or doesn't apply to all.   Therefore, concerning the gift of tongues, just because you don't believe in it, that doesn't mean that others are required to believe the same as you do.

So because my faith is different to yours, I don't have to answer your question, because your level of faith wouldn't be suitable to receive any such answer from me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

Mystery -something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain.

When Jesus says it is a mystery, I am going to leave it at that, unless a revelation comes to me through the power of the Holy Spirit.  I am a mere mortal and fine with not knowing every single thing about every single thing.  

4 hours ago, other one said:

you are making statements about "we" which includes everyone.   It's hard to take anything seriously when one does that.

You will notice that I did not say, "the 'we' includes ALL those who read into 1 Corinthians 14".   So, my statement does not include everyone, but is limited to those who do not have the level of faith that includes the personal use of tongues in prayer, or the ministry use of tongues in the church.

Therefore the use of 'we' could refer to one's particular faith group, which could or could not include the use of the gift of tongues.

So, your 'you' comment is making an assumption that may not be true.

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

None of this here tells how you have tried the spirits to see if this is of God... if this is beyond you and your mind then the thing itself, which is beyond you, is your trust factor? And how if it excludes you in it’s practice can be determined to be of God?

It is interesting that Calvin and Richard Sibbes say that a person cannot pray to God except they have the indwelling Holy Spirit.  According to Jesus, if I ask for bread, God won't give me a stone, and if I ask for fish, God won't give me a snake, so if unbelievers know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more does our heavenly Father know how to give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?  Therefore, I made my request known to God according to Philippians 4:6-7 and He gave me the gift I asked for.  Then He directed me to 1 Corinthians 14:2 to show me exactly the gift I received.   Therefore, my faith in my gift is securely based in clear statements in God's Word.

So, which Scriptures support your unbelief in the modern use of the gift of tongues?

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Yes and the absolute is you are, based on experience, the determiner of the thing being of God... not God’s Word!

So if someone had cut the whole of 1 Corinthians 12 and 14 out of your Bible before you first read it, you wouldn't even know that there are any of the spiritual gifts given to the church.  You wouldn't even know that Paul actually believed in the gift of tongues, much less spoke it more than all the Corinthian believers together!

6 hours ago, Paul James said:

The Scripture says that it is according to our faith that the gifts are manifested.  Therefore if a person doesn't believe that the gifts are to be manifested today, then they won't be manifested in him or in his area of influence.   Therefore, because you have demonstrated that you don't believe in the modern use of the gift of tongues, it won't happen to you.  So don't sweat it concerning a gift that you have no faith in and therefore doesn't apply to you.

It is interesting that I read in Calvin's commentary to 1 Corinthians 7 that because a principle does or doesn't apply to one individual, it doesn't mean that it does or doesn't apply to all.   Therefore, concerning the gift of tongues, just because you don't believe in it, that doesn't mean that others are required to believe the same as you do.

So because my faith is different to yours, I don't have to answer your question, because your level of faith wouldn't be suitable to receive any such answer from me.

This doesn’t even address the issue I have brought up... which is where is the foundational trust is being placed? It is not The Word of God because you don’t even know what is being said thus excluding the mind... so where is the foundational trust being generated it is in the intuitions and feelings and no where in God’s Word are we to place trust in that...

7 hours ago, Waggles said:

What are you writing of here??

Praying in tongues is the promise of God and confirmation of the word of God.

Praying in the Holy Spirit is operating the power of God within a true worshipper. 

You do not know what your praying thus how can you know to whom you are praying?

6 hours ago, Paul James said:

So if someone had cut the whole of 1 Corinthians 12 and 14 out of your Bible before you first read it, you wouldn't even know that there are any of the spiritual gifts given to the church.  You wouldn't even know that Paul actually believed in the gift of tongues, much less spoke it more than all the Corinthian believers together!

Still not addressing the issue of present day tongues and where lies the trust foundation...