• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

John 6:44 is a favorite of mine as it describes what happened to me. It is an amazing exercise to look back at the events of my life when he intersected my life.

I am not certain, but I think I know just when he regenerated me and then about two years later spoke to me just after I had looked into the heavens and asked God to show me 'truth'. I have shared that testimony here before.

The change was, as you say, remarkable. As a 19 year old man, I had a great deal of money through the sale of drugs. I gave it all up immediately--my friends thought I was nutz. I began within weeks to preach in parks and street corners and devouring scripture. Humans simply don't change like that. God extracted me from one place and planted me in another. I had no more power to do that than I do to fly.

Those early years were awesome!

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

" Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law,  but by the faith of Jesus Christ,  even we have believed in Jesus Christ,  that we might be justified by the faith of Christ,  and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified" ( Galatians 2:16).

Yes I would agree. The faith of Christ is the gift of God. 

Several translations treat the language that way---Geneva 1599 and Young's Literal among them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

IS  PARTIAL  BELIEF  EQUAL  TO  FAITH  IN  CHRIST  JESUSES  GRACE

MATTHEW  4:4  but  HE  answered and said it is written  ---man shall not live---by bread alone   ---but by --every-- word that proceedeth out of the mouth of  GOD---

TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  that ---bringeth salvation---hath appeared to all men 

--2:12-- teaching us --  that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly -- righteously -- and godly -- in this present world 

therefore by  GODS  grace is any one able to deny the godliness of  CHRIST  and still claim to be saved 

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and --consent not to wholesome words-- even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  and to the doctrine which is  ---according to godliness---

2 JOHN 2:9  whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in  ---the doctrine of  CHRIST  --hath not  GOD -- he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  hath both  THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON 

--2:10-- IF -- there come --any-- unto you and bring not this doctrine receive him not into your house neither bid him  GOD  speed 

DO  YOU  HAVE  FAITH  OR  DO  YOU  THINK  JESUS  CHRIST  IS  A  LIAR  AND  IF  YOU  DONT  THINK  HE  IS  A  LIAR  WHY  DO  SO  MANY  TRY  TO  MAKE  HIM  A  LIAR 

2 THESSALONIANS 1:11  wherefore also we pray always for you that our  GOD  would count you worthy of this calling and fulfil all the good pleasure of  HIS  goodness and the  ---work of faith with power---

LUKE 10:2  therefore  HE  said unto them the harvest truly is great but the labourers are --few-- pray you therefore  THE  LORD  of the harvest that  HE  would  send forth labourers into the harvest 

1 CORINTHIANS 3:9  for we are ---labourers together with  GOD--- you are  GODS  husbandry you are  GODS  building 

--3:10-- according to the grace -- of  GOD -- which is given unto me as a wise masterbuilder I have laid the foundation and another buildeth thereupon  but let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon

******* JOHN 6:27  labour not for the meat which perisheth but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life which  THE  SON  OF  MAN  shall give unto you for him hath  GOD  THE  FATHER  sealed *******

******* 1 CORINTHIANS 15:58  therefore my beloved brethren be you stedfast unmoveable ----always abounding in the work of  THE  LORD---forasmuch as you know that your labour is ---not in vain---*******

1 THESSALONIANS 1:3  remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labour ---of love-- and patience of hope in our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  in the sight of  GOD  OUR  FATHER 

1 PETER 2:12  having your conversation ---honest among the gentiles---that whereas they speak against you as evildoers they ---may by your good works ---which they shall behold glorify  GOD  in the day of visitation

EPHESIANS 2:10  for we are  HIS  workmanship created in  CHRIST  JESUS  unto good works which  GOD  hath before ordained that we should walk in them

PSALM 33:4  for the word of  THE  LORD  is right and all  HIS  works are done in truth

EPHESIANS 2:9  not of works lest any ---man should boast---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

:thumbsup:

Edited by Arrabon

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

21 hours ago, steve morrow said:

IS  PARTIAL  BELIEF  EQUAL  TO  FAITH  IN  CHRIST  JESUSES  GRACE

MATTHEW  4:4  but  HE  answered and said it is written  ---man shall not live---by bread alone   ---but by --every-- word that proceedeth out of the mouth of  GOD---

TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  that ---bringeth salvation---hath appeared to all men 

--2:12-- teaching us --  that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly -- righteously -- and godly -- in this present world 

therefore by  GODS  grace is any one able to deny the godliness of  CHRIST  and still claim to be saved 

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and --consent not to wholesome words-- even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  and to the doctrine which is  ---according to godliness---

2 JOHN 2:9  whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in  ---the doctrine of  CHRIST  --hath not  GOD -- he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  hath both  THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON 

--2:10-- IF -- there come --any-- unto you and bring not this doctrine receive him not into your house neither bid him  GOD  speed 

DO  YOU  HAVE  FAITH  OR  DO  YOU  THINK  JESUS  CHRIST  IS  A  LIAR  AND  IF  YOU  DONT  THINK  HE  IS  A  LIAR  WHY  DO  SO  MANY  TRY  TO  MAKE  HIM  A  LIAR 

2 THESSALONIANS 1:11  wherefore also we pray always for you that our  GOD  would count you worthy of this calling and fulfil all the good pleasure of  HIS  goodness and the  ---work of faith with power---

LUKE 10:2  therefore  HE  said unto them the harvest truly is great but the labourers are --few-- pray you therefore  THE  LORD  of the harvest that  HE  would  send forth labourers into the harvest 

1 CORINTHIANS 3:9  for we are ---labourers together with  GOD--- you are  GODS  husbandry you are  GODS  building 

--3:10-- according to the grace -- of  GOD -- which is given unto me as a wise masterbuilder I have laid the foundation and another buildeth thereupon  but let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon

******* JOHN 6:27  labour not for the meat which perisheth but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life which  THE  SON  OF  MAN  shall give unto you for him hath  GOD  THE  FATHER  sealed *******

******* 1 CORINTHIANS 15:58  therefore my beloved brethren be you stedfast unmoveable ----always abounding in the work of  THE  LORD---forasmuch as you know that your labour is ---not in vain---*******

1 THESSALONIANS 1:3  remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labour ---of love-- and patience of hope in our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  in the sight of  GOD  OUR  FATHER 

1 PETER 2:12  having your conversation ---honest among the gentiles---that whereas they speak against you as evildoers they ---may by your good works ---which they shall behold glorify  GOD  in the day of visitation

EPHESIANS 2:10  for we are  HIS  workmanship created in  CHRIST  JESUS  unto good works which  GOD  hath before ordained that we should walk in them

PSALM 33:4  for the word of  THE  LORD  is right and all  HIS  works are done in truth

EPHESIANS 2:9  not of works lest any ---man should boast---

There is no half and half. No one can walk both sides of the fence. Jesus called out to those who were neither cold nor hot. You question put out is tricky. None have been able to live up to Christs commandments, but this does not necessarily make him a half believer. I don't know what translation you use but it does not sound like KJV. 

Paul warned Timothy that there would be phonies to come into the congregation and poison the brethren with falls hoods. This is why he also that he schooled Timothy about knowing the word of God as a workmen who need not be ashamed, but rightly dividing the word of truth. These things happen even today because so many are religiously to go to church and their bibles are never studied but become only ornaments Are these people saved. the Lord knows. 

Some of you scripture leaves you hanging not be fully wrote out which could be confusing to the meaning. This is also why I only use the KJV because we need an anchor that holds fast to the truth because one word can cause misinterpretation 

I tell you that those who hunger and thirsts after righteousness shall be filled.  

2 John 2:9,10 speaks to those who are not even saved. They have no doctrine to even live by. They are phonies and not born again. They can go to church till the day they die all in vain. 

It take to much time to address every point you posted so I will let it go.

This is how I see it 

God bless 

there

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

CONTENTMENT 

PROVERBS 21:30  there is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against  THE  LORD

ACTS 5:20  go stand and speak in the temple to the people ---all the words of this life

2 PETER 3:18  ---but grow in grace--- and in the knowledge of our  LORD  AND  SAVIOUR  JESUS  CHRIST 

ACTS 20:24  but none of these things move me neither count I my life dear unto myself so that I might finish my course with joy and the ministry which I have received of  THE  LORD  JESUS  to testify the gospel of the grace of  GOD 

ACTS 20:32  and now brethren I commend you to  GOD  and to the word of  HIS  grace which is able to build you up and to ---give you an inheritance--- among all them which are sanctified

***AGAIN***  TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  ---that bringeth salvation--- hath appeared to all men

--2:12-- teaching us -- that denying ungodliness -- and worldly lusts we should live soberly righteously and godly ---in this present world---

ROMANS 5:21  that as sin hath reigned unto death even so might grace reign --- through righteousness unto eternal life by   JESUS  CHRIST  OUR  LORD

2 PETER 1:1  simon peter a servant and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of  GOD  AND  OUR  SAVIOUR  JESUS  CHRIST 

--1:2-- grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of  GOD  and of  JESUS  OUR  LORD

--1:3--according as  --HIS-- divine power  --hath given-- unto us all things that pertain unto  ---life an godliness--- through the knowledge of  HIM  that hath called us to glory and virtue 

--1:4-- whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature having escaped the corruption that is in the world 

*******1:5-- and beside this giving all diligence ----add to your faith----  virtue and to virtue knowledge******* 

--1:6-- and to knowledge temperance and to temperance patience and to patience ----- godliness ----- 

--1:7-- and to godliness -- brotherly kindness and to brotherly kindness charity

TITUS 1:1  --paul-- a servant of  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  elect and the ---acknowledging of the truth--- which is after godliness 

--1:2-- in hope of eternal life which  GOD  ---that cannot lie--- promised before the world began

1 TIMOTHY 6:6  but godliness with contentment is great gain