• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

There is an actual spiritual realm, the Heavenly realm is a spiritual realm.
Spirits do not have flesh and blood as we have; Luke 24:37-39.
I believe that upon death the spirit of the believer resides in heaven and experiences things,

I believe the spirit (after death) lives within the memory of God, and is not conscious of anything until resurrected into a body.  

"The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing." Eccl 9:5

The spirit of a dead human being is sort of like a memory stick.  It contains all the thoughts and memories of the computer it was copied from, but is not active UNTIL the information is loaded into a new computer (new body).   During death, the LORD retains that information - that memory.   

I know there are many people currently living in Heaven, but I believe those people are alive - not dead.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

WHY RESURRECTION? 

Because we all died. So a perfect God-man died and was resurrected to show us that we too can be reborn. Without His death, there would be no resurrection. Yeshua's resurrected body was different like ours will be. He ate and drank and walked thru walls. He ascended in His Resurrected body as the First Fruit. We believers will likewise follow Him. His Kingdom is NOW and forever He reigns with us in heavenly places.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

We'll all be resurrected if we are dead at the time Jesus returns.  Eventually, even the wicked.   

You want to be in the first resurrection.  The first is reserved for those who are saved.  You don't want to be in the second resurrection, for those who will be judged at the Great White Throne, and who are destined for hell.

If you are resurrected and you still have that old back ache and other worldly problems, it's not a good sign.   The best thing to do is accept the gift of salvation, while you can.

(ESV) Romans 10:9-10 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

As for why, Jesus demonstrated what will happen to the saved all while making being saved, possible.

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

Now the answer to your question is this: there is no eternal life without first being resurrected (not resuscitated) and there is no resurrection without having first died, and there is no death without having first lived and the entire process is necessary because..... flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God (1 Cor. 15:50). 

Amen.

I would add that those who are still alive at the Glorious Return,  will be "changed" in an instant.  They don't have to die first.  

My question concerns WHY there is no life without first bring resurrected (or changed) to live in the "spiritual body."

No life - without a body to live in. 

1 Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

What is the state BETWEEN the "natural body" and the "spiritual body"?  Paul calls it nakedness.  He wrote, 

2 Corinthians 5:4 "For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life."

Paul doesn't want to be dead.  He wants the new body that is coming for the saints at the Glorious Return of Christ. 

Dead is without a body -- therefore unable to function in any dimension.   

Exactly HOW the LORD saves the essence of you, until it is time to "clothe" you with a new body,  no one knows.  

But why call if "sleep" if it's not sleep - if the dead are fully awake - in Heaven or ????

JESUS

John 11:11-13   “Lazarus is sleeping.” 

Matthew 9:18, 24   “. . . the girl is not dead, but sleeping.”

LUKE
Acts 7:60   Stephen “fell asleep.”           Acts 13:36   David “fell asleep.”               

PAUL  
I Thessalonians 4:14-15   “those who are asleep
I Corinthians 15:6,18   “some have fallen asleep
I Corinthians 11:30   “many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep” 

DAVID – DANIEL – JOB - JEREMIAH

Psalm 13:3  “lest I sleep the sleep of death

Daniel 12:2  “them that sleep in the dust” 

Job 3:13  “then I should have slept”   
Job 14:12  “nor be raised out of their sleep
Jeremiah 51:39  “and sleep a perpetual sleep” 

I printed 12 references that call death a sleep, and you tell me it's not about physical death.  Rather it's about the church.  Really?  Even the one where Christ said plainly, "Lazarus is sleeping" ?

If we had that many texts for any other doctrine, it would not even be discussed. 

Then to change the subject, asking me if I know specifically what "good works" the LORD has planned out for me.   I believe so, but I'm always delighted to find something new that I can do for the Master.  I'm 74, a VET, and somewhat disabled, but I can still read and type. 

I Timothy 6:13-16  God “alone has immortality.”    Angels it seems - can die. 
Romans 2:7  “. . . seek for immortality.”

Why would we be told to seek for something that we all naturally possess?  

Immortality is the reward.  Not everyone receives eternal life.  

John 6:40 “everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life”

Matthew 7:14 “Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Romans 2:7 “To those who by persistence in doing good, seek . . . immortality, He will give eternal life” (NIV).

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, 
                but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

1 John 5:11 “And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.”

John 10:28 “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”

I am personally convinced that death really is a sleep.  People who sleep don't interact with their surroundings.  

I think death is more like an anesthetic.  When you have an anesthetic, you do not sense the passage of time.  It seems like only a moment and someone in recovery is telling you it's all done.  

It is interesting that - in the Bible - no one who was resurrected reported living in Heaven and having to go back to live in his/her physical body again.  

WHEN are we made immortal?

Answer:

John 6:40  “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I myself will raise him up at the last day.”

John 14:3  “I will come again and receive you unto myself.” 

2 Thessalonians 2:1  We are “gathered together to Him” 
                    at “the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Doesn’t sound like we go to be with Him immediately after we die. 

John 6:39  “at the last day”
John 6:44  “I will raise him up at the last day.”
John 6:54  “I will raise him up at the last day.”
John 11:24  Martha said to Christ concerning her brother Lazarus: 
              “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

55 minutes ago, Josheb said:

That is not what I said at all. 

Sorry if I misunderstood.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, Resurrection Priest said:

My question is for those who believe there will be a resurrection of both the just and the unjust at the Glorious Return of Christ.

Why a resurrection, IF those dead in Christ are living in the Heavenly realm (without any body or with the "spiritual body"),

and those dead NOT in Christ went to Hades/Hell?

I'm seriously asking.  What is the teaching on this?  Do the dead need to be resurrected, so they can have bodies, so they can live on this physical earth?  Is that why they need to be resurrected? 

I see in 2Cor 5:1-8, that there's a physical mortal tent (in which we groan) AND there's the "spiritual body" - the new tent prepared by God.  I also see a state of nakedness.  What is that?  Is that death?  Is that Hell?  In your view. 

I'm trying to understand the NEED FOR resurrection. 

Thanks   

I've also pondered why both the lost and saved will be resurrected in physical bodies. The angels and heavenly host are spirit beings (elohim - spirit beings) and do not have bodies, why do we get new "glorified" bodies? The following is my biblical thoughts and how I comprehend this question.

Daniel 12:2 (KJV) And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

For His reasons and will, God desired two families, a spiritual family created first, then a physical family. It is not said that the angels or any of the heavenly host were created in His image. We humans alone are God's imagers. I've studied and written in detail, what I believe is meant by 'created in God's image', but is not relevant to this topic.

It is readily apparent that the Lord created and fashioned the Earth to sustain human life. I could list over a hundred things, that if just slightly altered, would not sustain life on this planet.  

To me, it seems like if you are one family, you would associate with one another, care and be concerned about your spiritual well-being and relationship / standing before the Lord?

Luke 15:10 (KJV) Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.   

I believe before the fall of Adam & Eve; they could see and interact with the spiritual realm. One of the spirits (Satan) entered a serpent (possessed) and deceived Eve. It appears Eve was not alarmed or anything was out of the ordinary about a talking serpent. 

The Lord's plan for humanity was to multiply, because they had a big job assigned to them. To take dominion (headship - take care of) the entire planet in His stead (our original jobs). That plan was temporarily thwarted by Satan, and because Adam forfeited headship by sin; Satan became lord of the dead, took dominion over the earth and is still temporarily the little god of this planet.

We know the beginning and the end from God's word. Our redemption, His plan, taking back the title deed of the earth from Satan. Humanity and the earth will be restored back to what the Lord had originally intended in the end.

Angels, the heavenly host and humanity were created immortal; meaning our souls and spirits can never die. We know for a fact, that our souls will reside in one of two places; depending on our faith and acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior; or the rejection of Him. But what about our spirits?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it

So, to address your main question taking the long route: "The need for resurrection." To revert back to the plan God originally intended for humanity and His creation before the fall. A physical human family with immortal bodies, and a spiritual family all loving one another and working together as one family, for His glory, will and purposes. 

The word angel means: ANGEL (Heb. mal˒āk and Gr. aggelos, “agent,” “messenger”) R. Allan Killen, “Angel,” ed. Charles F. Pfeiffer, Howard F. Vos, and John Rea, The Wycliffe Bible Encyclopedia (Moody Press, 1975).

This description of "angel" is a function, a job description. Same way with our description: Genesis 1:26 (KJV) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This "image" is not a set of attributes, but a function. The function being; to take dominion and share in God's intentions and works, be an overseer, worker, and represent Him on earth. He chose we have physical bodies to perform this function.

At the end of the millennium, at the Great White Throne judgment, the lost and damned will be physically resurrected also standing before God, and cast into the Lake of Fire. If the "rich man" in Hades is an example; they will still have their conscience, memories, regrets and physical senses and sensations. Possibly amplified with bodies?

Shew we, this is so long it put me to sleep too!