• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 8/12/2021 at 3:12 AM, Tammy Roesch said:

I looked up the word ABOMINATION...it's used in 69 verses in the Bible....an example of several times....

It's impossible for me to fathom how something that was an ABOMINATION to God THEN, is APPROVED of Him, TODAY.  

Gotta be careful where you walk sometimes. Not sure why some are trying to make you say something that Gods word clearly spells out.  This just gets so.. silly or just twisted. Lol..look at man then look at woman. Yeah.. to me those two go together. Those two become one and make life. That is VERY important to God. Take a man with a man or woman with a woman. Yeah they don't go together and they will never make life. For them to have kids some commit adultery. As if donating sperm or eggs is OK! See " you are not sleeping with them". What are we lawyers now trying to bend Gods ways laws? 

One here spelled it out really nicely. Even with Israel God told them..if you do the same things those other nations do.. the earth will spit you out also. Hmm seems there are rules? Does that make it easier to understand? Rules that no one (the world) can brake. Then there were rules..or laws that were just for Israel. 

When are you going to a stand? If we had a Christian married friend that loved the lord yet was sleeping with someone else what would you say? JESUS LOVES YOU! What would you say? Even if that friend didn't know Jesus.. you would focus on them coming to Christ. When they did they repent for what? You tell them they can no long walk that way. Gay or what ever.. one can be blind truly does not know and be a believer. Yet to see it saying nothing..that is not love. Jesus died for the SIN..do we understand what the one word means? The wages of SIN is death. Believing in JESUS AWESOME yet.. sin will still equal death. 

The classic story for me.. telling his gay friend that got kick out of house. Try JESUS? Been there done that says the gay friend. No if you need someone to get mad at I am here. If you need someone to laugh at I am here. If you need someone to cry with I am here. If you fall I will never condemn you says the friend. A true story. That friend was not condoning sin. That gay friend? Loves lord is married to a wonderful woman with allot of kids. With no more desires for the same sex.. as it was never there. For some people.. you HAVE to spell out the LOVE part.. which again should be a given with believers. It was it is ABOMINATION. How you go at this.. is between you and God. The story is how I always go at it. Its that true love that no one on earth can give but only comes from Christ. That is what changes the heart. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

6 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD,
But those who deal truthfully are His delight.

(Proverbs 12:22 NKJV)

Who is the greater sinner: the homosexual, or the liar?

In the words of the apostle, 

As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
  There is none who understands;
  There is none who seeks after God.
  They have all turned aside;
  They have together become unprofitable;
  There is none who does good, no, not one.”
“Their throat is an open tomb;
  With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;
“Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”
“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
   Destruction and misery are in their ways;
   And the way of peace they have not known.”
 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

(Romans 3:10-18 NKJV)

No man or woman is righteous. Not one of us can proclaim, "I am better than my neighbor who is a drunkard!"

Have we ever uttered a lie? Have we practiced deceit at any time? Are we like that wicked servant whom, after being forgiven of much by his Lord, takes his fellow servant to court over a pittance? Every living soul is the work of His hand. 

Christ loved us when we were dead in our trespasses, laying down His life for our sake. We are to be like Him, then, which is our calling in the Lord. The second great commandment is like the first according to His words: love. 

We do not condemn for, having been condemned ourselves, we heap condemnation upon ourselves like that wicked servant who was cast into the outer darkness. Neither did the Lord God condemn us, convicting us of our estate in the light of truth. We are not the Lord to whom nothing is hidden... we are not God who knows the secrets of the heart, and we are not like the Most High who knows the full measure of a life lived. There is no one like Him. 

Pride whispers that we who do not burn with lust for other men (or women) are superior to those who suffer in such a way. But we have lied and spoken falsely which is why I ask the question, "Who is the greater sinner: the homosexual, or the liar?"

I have no fear in admitting, I am not righteous by any standard in this life.   I have no fear in admitting, I too struggle with my own vices, and even wonder why God doesn't allow Victory in those areas.   I have no fear in admitting, I am my own biggest issue in life.   I have no fear in admitting, for as many times I am actually correct about anything in life, I am also wrong 100 fold more.   And I have no fear in admitting, I am honest to God in my Confessions because He already knows what trials I face.

And for those Reasons, I have no fear in admitting anything, I also have no issue Discerning a situation/scenario and bringing it to light.   I don't hide from God.   I am even almost to the point of no longer thinking I can persuade Him to View any of my sins differently.   And I am Blessed and Thankful He is God and Just and holds me to the Same Standard as Everyone Else.

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

I am even almost to the point of thinking I can persuade Him to View any of my sins differently.

Thats a curios statement. What does it mean?

1 minute ago, Kelly2363 said:

I was thinking this <I am even almost to the point of no longer thinking I can persuade Him to View any of my sins differently.> and then wrote that literally short hand and had to correct it from not proof reading.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

I was thinking this <I am even almost to the point of no longer thinking I can persuade Him to View any of my sins differently.> and then wrote that literally short hand and had to correct it from not proof reading.

Stuff happens! 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

And if it had a meaning?

It would mean, I totally believe like I would have an in person to person conversation, it would be an open Dialogue between God and myself.   And I have in the past bartered with God, debated with God, Litigated with God and felt I had a good point to be made.   But in the end, we always did it God's Way!

3 minutes ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

And if it had a meaning?

It would mean, I totally believe like I would have an in person to person conversation, it would be an open Dialogue between God and myself.   And I have in the past bartered with God, debated with God, Litigated with God and felt I had a good point to be made.   But in the end, we always did it God's Way!

I have bartered with God as well - never tried litigating with Him though - but I think the idea isn't so unusual at all. I think that if we are really fortunate enough to be soundly converted and know the presence of God in a deep way then that is the time to count the cost of true discipleship. If we read the things Jesus has told us about what He considers being a disciple means then we can't escape that it is a truly costly business. It means taking up our cross and dying daily. But that is what follows on from believing into Him and knowing that we are saved. I am certain that it is love for God that separates how we can bear with obedience and take the narrow way. 

When I refurbished the church a few years ago I was asked why I had installed long pews rather than individual chairs. So I shared that it was because seeing as we say that homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord - we had better ensure that families can sit together - father, mother and children and leave room for the homosexual to find hope by sitting with those families that were prepared to love them and share the family seat. Until God Himself speaks to the homosexual then there will be no hearing. But to be loved by a family and to find comfort from being received into their midst seems like a godly way of making them know that they are truly loved even though we utterly refuse the sin. 

24 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

I have bartered with God as well - never tried litigating with Him though - but I think the idea isn't so unusual at all. I think that if we are really fortunate enough to be soundly converted and know the presence of God in a deep way then that is the time to count the cost of true discipleship. If we read the things Jesus has told us about what He considers being a disciple means then we can't escape that it is a truly costly business. It means taking up our cross and dying daily. But that is what follows on from believing into Him and knowing that we are saved. I am certain that it is love for God that separates how we can bear with obedience and take the narrow way. 

When I refurbished the church a few years ago I was asked why I had installed long pews rather than individual chairs. So I shared that it was because seeing as we say that homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord - we had better ensure that families can sit together - father, mother and children and leave room for the homosexual to find hope by sitting with those families that were prepared to love them and share the family seat. Until God Himself speaks to the homosexual then there will be no hearing. But to be loved by a family and to find comfort from being received into their midst seems like a godly way of making them know that they are truly loved even though we utterly refuse the sin. 

True conversion is not through Gimmick.   But I understand you are trying to Help!   I commend you for that extra effort.   But when the Homosexual visits, make sure those inside the building are on fire for God.   That is what will change one more than special seating arrangements :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

True conversion is not through Gimmick.   But I understand you are trying to Help!   I commend you for that extra effort.   But when the Homosexual visits, make sure those inside the building are on fire for God.   That is what will change one more than special seating arrangements :thumbsup:

There is no gimmick intended by either the seats or the sayings. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 8/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, Slug1 said:

Sexual immorality

Jesus would suggest that we are all guilty when we are told that those who are without sin should cast the first stone. So many want to accuse others but the one who is justified is the one who asks for forgiveness and admits their own personal failure.