• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

I looked up the word ABOMINATION...it's used in 69 verses in the Bible....an example of several times....

Lev 18:22  Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 20:13  If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deu 7:25  The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.

Deu 7:26  Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

It's impossible for me to fathom how something that was an ABOMINATION to God THEN, is APPROVED of Him, TODAY.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I looked up the word ABOMINATION...it's used in 69 verses in the Bible....an example of several times....

It's impossible for me to fathom how something that was an ABOMINATION to God THEN, is APPROVED of Him, TODAY.  

Amen.

Unfortunately, people will try to get around the rules. One group will tell you God was talking to the Jews - not us - so it's okay to do things God called an abomination. Another will tell you that priests substituted their own words for God's words in the Bible, to advance their own agendas. Another will tell you that things have changed, so the old rules no longer apply.

The Bible teaches us that Satan rules this world (1 John 5:19), so I guess these things shouldn't surprise us. It's painful, though, when pastors teach us it's okay to disobey God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Oh but Tammy... "Jesus taught about love, acceptance, tolerance and overlooking sin" (said no one who actually ever read the bible)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

5 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Okay. The verses cited agree with the NT that such things as homosexuality and idolatry are still wrong today . . .

My question would be why it was posted. What's the purpose?

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

51 minutes ago, walla299 said:

Okay. The verses cited agree with the NT that such things as homosexuality and idolatry are still wrong today . . .

My question would be why it was posted. What's the purpose?

Surely this is not something we are not on the same page about, is it? You don't think it's wrong to make such a post, do you?  

Edited by Tammy Roesch

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I see that perhaps we should all read Ezekiel 7 to get a good handle on what is anathema to our Lord God. It might cause us a certain fear and trembling which is maybe a very good thing... :18:

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

9 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Surely this is not something we are not on the same page about, is it? You don't think it's wrong to make such a post, do you?  

Not trying to cause a problem, Tammy. I'm curious about your reasons for the original post. Just sharing something you found? Perhaps sharing something more based on what you found out about the word abomination? That's all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

Please tell us what was an abomination to God is approved now? Are you talking about what was an abomination by God in the OT vs what is approved now in the NT? Remember we are not living by the laws from the OT now because Jesus died on the Cross for our sins. We are now under the law of Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Please tell us what was an abomination to God is approved now? Are you talking about what was an abomination by God in the OT vs what is approved now in the NT? Remember we are not living by the laws from the OT now because Jesus died on the Cross for our sins. We are now under the law of Christ. 

I understand that is how you believe, but I don't believe that. I believe that the ENTIRE BIBLE is God's Word.  The NT does not wipe out the OT or replace it.  They are in completely harmony if understood correctly.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I understand that is how you believe, but I don't believe that. I believe that the ENTIRE BIBLE is God's Word.  The NT does not wipe out the OT or replace it.  They are in completely harmony if understood correctly.  

I also believe that the whole book of the Holy Bible is God's Word. But we are only going by the NT teachings now because Jesus Christ died on the Cross for us. We are now under the law of Christ now the OT teachings. That would make us legalistic.