• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

6 hours ago, Kelly2363 said:

Yet in all of that the single most important thing is not what must be self evident when men rebell against God - that he will judge them - but rather that His servants will always cry out for mercy when they are intimate with Him. And the chapter you cited expressly makes that clear - though it is a simple matter of missing it when our ambition is to see the hand of God in judgement and cannot fathom His mercy. 

Amen! This is the God we serve and how He works His Nature into His own. We who have known His Grace and Mercy--extend it to others who have need of the same.

We are 'imagers' and we are to be 'imagers'.

From beginning to end, the plan of redemption is seen in the scriptures. Christ. In judgement and in Grace.

Always Grace.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Just as I was about to post my response, I see that Alive and Kelly beat me to it, but here it is, and I am in agreement with Alive and Kelly's responses. The theme throughout the Old Testament has always pointed towards rescue, reconciliation and restoration through Jesus. The “new” thing was not a fissure in the ground, but the coming of Jesus, who is our redeemer. Jesus is the Living Water. The reality is in Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Sinkholes and ground fissures appear in all sorts of shapes and sizes and can appear in many different places around the world. Earthquakes are not the only cause for them. Groundwater withdrawal is the most often cause for them. As the groundwater either shifts, dissolves rock and soil underground, or simply withdraws from a given spot, it stresses the soil unevenly, leading to sinkholes and/or fissure formations. Just because there is no mention of them before Korah's rebellion against Moses, doesn't mean that they never occurred before that time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

37 minutes ago, appy said:

Sinkholes and ground fissures appear in all sorts of shapes and sizes and can appear in many different places around the world. Earthquakes are not the only cause for them. Groundwater withdrawal is the most often cause for them. As the groundwater either shifts, dissolves rock and soil underground, or simply withdraws from a given spot, it stresses the soil unevenly, leading to sinkholes and/or fissure formations. Just because there is no mention of them before Korah's rebellion against Moses, doesn't mean that they never occurred before that time.

All I know, that according to Moses, it was a  "new thing"....something no one had ever seen or experienced before ~ the ground opening up and people disappearing....maybe an earthquake, maybe a sinkhole....whatever...a  NEW THING. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

The term conspiracy theory has been kicked around here before. Some CTs are worth looking into while others are misleading.

They each need to be taken on their own merit.