IGNORED

Why do people use my age against me?

Guest firepaw_1234

Guest firepaw_1234

I am 13 and I have very very strong opinions and I am far from stupid but people still use my age against me. They say that I haven't been around long enough to know certain things that you learn with experience and age. The truth is, I have seen things that most 13 year olds shouldn't have seen. I don't understand why people still use my age against me. I mean, people even think that I am 50 by the way I speak and what I say. I just don't understand.

It's unfair and I want to know why everyone does it to me.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

I would appreciate replies if you have the time.

God Bless!!!!!

Kaitlyn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am 13 and I have very very strong opinions and I am far from stupid but people still use my age against me. They say that I haven't been around long enough to know certain things that you learn with experience and age. The truth is, I have seen things that most 13 year olds shouldn't have seen. I don't understand why people still use my age against me. I mean, people even think that I am 50 by the way I speak and what I say. I just don't understand.

God Bless!!!!!

Kaitlyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Kaitlyn :24:

I'm not sure in what circumstances your age is "used against you" but there are certain things that at the age of 13, you truely wouldn't know about without experience...like being married, being a parent, driving, owning a home etc. etc. I doubt that you're the only 13 year old this happens to so try not to take it so personally. :noidea:

Alot of people have seen and been through things as children, that children should never see or go through....myself included.

Having strong opinions and being opinionated are two different things.

Try not to let it bother you so much....adult opinions are rejected at times too :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

God Bless!!!!!

Kaitlyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Kaitlyn :24:

I'm not sure in what circumstances your age is "used against you" but there are certain things that at the age of 13, you truely wouldn't know about without experience...like being married, being a parent, driving, owning a home etc. etc. I doubt that you're the only 13 year old this happens to so try not to take it so personally. :24:

Alot of people have seen and been through things as children, that children should never see or go through....myself included.

Having strong opinions and being opinionated are two different things.

Try not to let it bother you so much....adult opinions are rejected at times too :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24: Well i got to agree to that :noidea: Better said then i would say. ;)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Hiya Firepaw,

Being 13 is very hard. It's a transitional stage that pulls you between being a kid and being an adult. I can promise you that these feelings and frustration that you feel will pass. You just keep being the wonderful articulate and insightful young adult that you are and the rest of the world will come around. Plus, you can't say "everyone" because I would never use your age against you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I would indeed agree that it's possible to be very worldly at age 13.

As Giaour said, 13 and the next few years are the ones that start transitioning one from youth to teenagehood, and then to adulthood. Some things can only be experienced by age.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Don't feel so bad. I'm 46 and lots of people reject my opinions.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  762
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/10/1982

Hey Girl!

I am guessing that somewhere along the way--you were made to feel inadequate because of your age. Well, I must say that I do not 'judge' anyone simply because of age. I have teen age daughters (one is 16 and the other is only 9, but thinks already like a teen) :24:

--I've learned alot from my young adult girls, and I love listening to their opinions, and I would never discourage my daughters or anyone else from using their God-given talent for analyzing, processing thoughts, critical analysis or decision-making. :noidea:

Clearly, being young has certain advantages, for one--you are always in a position to be able to 'ask and learn'! ! ! (And you don't look silly digging down at the bottom of a cereal box looking for the Prize!!!) ;)

Please note that I have met many so-called Adults, they however acted and spoke much less 'mature' than you my dear! !!

So, please do not despair! I for one enjoy your company and look forward to a growing relationship. Perhaps we can learn from each other as our Worthy Family grows! ! !

God Bless you my Dear and remember we all love you :24:

In Christ's Name

*~*Honey*~* :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Regardless of ones age, a person has to earn the right to be heard. I am much more likely to listen to someone whom I trust, rather than someone who just wants to state opinions without earning respect. A wise person once said to me that in order to win the battle for truth, one must first win the battle of trust

Welcome to the forums

Guest kylie22005

Well I think sometimes kids are smarter then adults witch is kinda weird but sometimes we just know more I dont exacly no what lol but sometimes we just know things and some adults think because were 13 or 15 that we dont know anything witch isnt true, but hey!Welcome to the forums and I hope you love it here!!:thumbsup: if ya ever need someone to talk to you can pm anytime ^_-

In Christ,

Sarah^_-

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Well, let's see what the Bible says ? Here's Paul's words to young Timothy...

1 Timothy 4:12

12 Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

I think that applies, don't you ? Always respect those above you and who are your elders my friend, but also- don't let them look down on you either. What you think and feel is just as important and anyone else's thoughts :thumbsup:

Be blessed in the Lord,

Tim