IGNORED

The Difference between Daniel 2 and Daniel 7.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 8/12/2022 at 11:53 PM, Marilyn C said:

4b.beaststimeline..jpg.3c9af3456cfcf36ea7837702b209ab4c.jpg

That's an interesting diagram!  I too see that the kingdoms of Daniel 2 and 7 are not the same.  First of all, what would be the point of the duplication given to the same prophet?  In 7:17 it says these ones will arise (almost all translations state future tense), but as has been pointed out, Babylon was already in existence, so why would it be mentioned in this way and again?

Another observation which I don't think was brought out in this thread, is that immediately after the description of the beast/kingdoms in verses 1-11, it goes into visions of the Lord's 2nd coming and the beast's destruction and all about end of the age matters.  It stands to reason that the entire chapter's context is referring to much later times.

Another thing I'm not sure was discussed on this thread, is how in verse 4 it says that the eagles wings of the lion were plucked off.  Of course we know that Great Briton was the largest empire the world has ever seen, and it's symbol has for many centuries been a lion. Therefore, the eagle's wings being plucked off of it certainly seems to fit the United States.

Lastly, one cannot help but see the similarities to the beasts in Daniel 7 to the one presented in Revelation 13.  At least that's my thinking on the matter . . .

Edited by Vine Abider
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

That's an interesting diagram!  I too see that the kingdoms of Daniel 2 and 7 are not the same.  First of all, what would be the point of the duplication given to the same prophet?  In 7:17 it says these ones will arise (almost all translations state future tense), but as has been pointed out, Babylon was already in existence, so why would it be mentioned in this way and again?

Another observation which I don't think was brought out in this thread, is that immediately after the description of the beast/kingdoms in verses 1-11, it goes into visions of the Lord's 2nd coming and the beast's destruction and all about end of the age matters.  It stands to reason that the entire chapter's context is referring to much later times.

Another thing I'm not sure was discussed on this thread, is how in verse 4 it says that the eagles wings of the lion were plucked off.  Of course we know that Great Briton was the largest empire the world has ever seen, and it's symbol has for many centuries been a lion. Therefore, the eagle's wings being plucked off of it certainly seems to fit the United States.

Lastly, one cannot help but see the similarities to the beasts in Daniel 7 to the one presented in Revelation 13.  At least that's my thinking on the matter . . .

Hi Vine Abide,

Wow, I have been on this forum about 10 years and have tried to explain this view to people without much success. And there you go explaining it so well.

That`s great, now perhaps the fellas can discuss with you. As I am a woman, with a different view it is not always easy for men to receive.

Still, the Lord has given you great insight. Praise the Lord. For knowing the great federations of our time and their part helps open up other prophetic areas, as you say, Rev. 13.

regards, Marilyn. 

BTW I was taught this view in the `70`s by godly teachers.

• Thumbs Up 1