M45510G1C

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I can understand someone stealing food and water, etc. to stay alive. But some people are stealing items not necessary to survive (TV's, bikes, etc.)

What is really awful is that the news is also reporting that people are going into houses, stepping over dead bodies, stripping any valuables they can find. How low can a person go?

These people should be thanking God they are alive, repenting, and then praying for His mercy and assistance. Instead of turning to God, they are continuing in their sins. Their hearts are cold. "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold." Matthew 24:12

What will it take to reach some people?

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I can understand someone stealing food and water, etc. to stay alive.  But some people are stealing items not necessary to survive (TV's, bikes, etc.)

What is really awful is that the news is also reporting that people are going into houses, stepping over dead bodies, stripping any valuables they can find.  How low can a person go? 

These people should be thanking God they are alive, repenting, and then praying for His mercy and assistance.  Instead of turning to God, they are continuing in their sins.  Their hearts are cold.  "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold."  Matthew 24:12

What will it take to reach some people? 

In Christ,

CarolineS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Death

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear O'Dannyboy,

Thank you for your on the scene commentary.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Well, I guess my point about looting was that material items really don't seem to matter in this disasterous situation. Let God be the judge of those running around stealing, but for those in desperate need it's definitely a different situation. As far as Walmart goes, isn't that soooooo sad that someone would come along and take items away from such a place. Do you people own Walmart Stocks, is that why your so worried about it? And shame on Walmart for not having their Guns tightly secured away.

We really need to be worried about all the people who need to be rescued, and not all the material items being stolen!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember seeing the National guard going through either a Wal-mart or grocedry store and they showed a violently broken into machine,it looked like one of those machines you put your coins into to get paper cash back. They also showed a devestated adn almost empty shelved PHARMACY !

Just what they need down there more people dying of taking unknown pills or OD'ing or freaking out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to everyone else who has repied, and pounded me in, for writing about how any material items should not be important, thanks. That's very Christian of you all.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I keep hearing all over the news about looting going on in New Orleans. Then I hear it's all over the radio people complaining about the looting. This seems so shallow that people are actually complaining about looting. A lot of people left behind are poor. They cannot afford much gas money, yet alone a hotel room for days on end. These people are very scared and desperate. To them there whole world just practically came to an end. Besides that, there are no clerks anywhere in sight to purchase from anyway. As far as I'm concerned they should just take everything they need. We maybe need to stop and put ourselves in there shoes. I pray with all my heart all that need rescued, get rescued. Our focus needs to stay on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree !!! I heard that 1500 people are being taken off search and rescue crews to control the looting. WHY??? People are dying right now under the rubble and the weak and elderly need shelter and medical assistance as soon as possible. I belive it should have stayed the pryority. The news always has to instill a fear factor, if the looting is so wild why are CNN & FOX always showing the same 14 second clip over and over. If some poor person takes a 27'' TV big deal! It will probably be dropped in the water anyway. Were are you going to put a looter? Would they take priority over someone that needs medical attention? Of all the things pounded over the news the looting keeps getting in the way of the information I'm wanting to here. Paranoia always has to be spread. I ask the Lord to give the rescuers strenth to continue and the victims the strenth to keep hope alive.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

People Get Ready Jesus Is Comin'

Brian Ray

Chorus 1

So people get ready Jesus is comin'

Soon we'll be goin' home

People get ready Jesus is comin'

To take from the world His own

Soon we'll be goin' home

Soon we'll be goin' home

We'll be goin' home

Verse 1

Lord I'm ready now

I'm waiting

For Your triumphant return

You're coming so soon

This world has nothin' for me

I find my peace and joy

Solely in You only in You

I want the world

To see that You're alive

And living well in me

Let me be a part

Of the harvest

For the days are few

You're comin' soon

Verse 2

There's a day that comes

When we will be divided

Right and left

For those who know Him

And those who do not know

Those who know Him well

Will meet Him in the air

Hallelujah God is with us

Those who do not know

They will hear

Depart I knew you not

For my friends you see

There will be a day

When we'll be counted

So know Him well

Know Him well

Chorus 2

So people get ready Jesus is comin'

Soon we'll be goin' home

To take from the world His own

Soon we'll be goin' home

Soon we'll be goin' home

To take His own to take His own

We'll be goin' home

We'll be goin' home

Oh yeah

Misc 1

(BRIDGE)

For my friends you see

There will be a day

When we'll be counted

So know Him well

Know Him well

Misc 2

(ENDING)

People get ready

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

According to the reports I have seen, there are those that have looted AK-47s from pawn shops and other stores who are now using these weapons to forceably obtain what they want or need. Shots were fired at rescue helicoptors causing them to end their attempts untill national guard units are available to support them. Meanwhile there are armed "thugs" mingling with the people in the Superdome adding to the unrest in an already deteriorating situation.

The situation is pretty dire and only getting worse. Much of the news regarding the lawlessness that has taken root in the host cities is being swept under the carpet. We can only assume that they are keeping such news quiet to prevent any panic. I went to the closest wal-mart to get a gallon of milk only to find they were completely out. The lines at the gas pumps are getting longer and the prices higher day by day. The increase in traffic and people mulling about is quite noticable.

The director of FEMA is using the CYA method, saying that they have been forthcomming with everything that was officially "requested" by the states. Around here we call that "crawfishing". Its like the backstroke only your tail is tucked under like a dog. Sadly, three days later and the people of New Orleans have not seen any fresh water. Our Governor has asked for 40,000 troops to be deployed to help maintain order. I hope they send some to Baton Rouge.

I have no info regarding New Orleans that you have not already heard about on the news. I know that we here in Baton Rouge are doing what we can and trying to be as hospitable as we can. Almost all of the churches are making room for their share of refuges but as I understand it they too will be bussed to other major cities as they make room for them. Our city has, for the most part, absorbed most of those that fled the storm when the evacuation was called. Our leaders are illuding to Baton Rouge becomming the financial capitol of the state in the interim. With any luck we will not have to absorb the bad ellement that has plagued New Orleans for so long.

I have noticed that some of those closest to me can only stomach so much bad news in one days time and so they prefer watching thier regular shows for a little respite. I personally have been watching the news almost non-stop. I will let you know how tomorrow goes and try to fill in the gaps where I can for those of you who want to know.

Till then. God bless. :-)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Danny,

Please thank the citizens of Baton Rouge for caring for our loved ones.

My aunt is somewhere there and I know you all are taking good care of her.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Oh, DannyBoy, you are so right. I am in Baton Rouge, too. I am praying that we will not absorb the criminal element from NOLA. I have been in the projects in NOLA twice, and was afraid. I was a jurist in a murder trial in NOLA, and there are some really bad things that go on there.

Mr. Biker is at Istrouma Baptist tonight, standing guard AT A CHURCH with 300 refugees. The lawlessness that is threatening is being kept quite. I am praying to keep my eyes on Jesus and not get panicky by looking around. I liked living in a quite little city. But God has other plans for us and I need to stay focused on His purpose.

Please keep posting. It is good to hear from someone who is here and sees what the media is not reporting.

Well, I guess my point about looting was that material items really don't seem to matter in this disasterous situation. Let God be the judge of those running around stealing, but for those in desperate need it's definitely a different situation. As far as Walmart goes, isn't that soooooo sad that someone would come along and take items away from such a place. Do you people own Walmart Stocks, is that why your so worried about it? And shame on Walmart for not having their Guns tightly secured away.

We really need to be worried about all the people who need to be rescued, and not all the material items being stolen!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember seeing the National guard going through either a Wal-mart or grocedry store and they showed a violently broken into machine,it looked like one of those machines you put your coins into to get paper cash back. They also showed a devestated adn almost empty shelved PHARMACY !

Just what they need down there more people dying of taking unknown pills or OD'ing or freaking out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to everyone else who has repied, and pounded me in, for writing about how any material items should not be important, thanks. That's very Christian of you all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse me? I never pounded you for what you said, I was only adding what I saw on TV. I don't blame anyone for getting nesessities at all, in fact if I were there I would risk the sin of stealing to save any life because that is what my faith teaches me.