despising them leads to death.”

Proverbs 19:16

Commandments are to show

how we are incapable of keeping

all of them continuously.

[John Miller]
Naturally, God Speaks
1928375037_Web1160.JPG.18205c7055603c1773ab61aa3ae51be4.JPG

The verses below are the mission and passion of my life.

Mark 12:30-31 (KJV)
30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

The most important commandments according to Jesus is to Love God Supremely, and people sacrificially. When we love to this capacity, we will effectively live in obedience to all His other commands throughout scripture. Not in order to merit or contribute to our salvation, because that was accomplished by Christ on the cross. But as an outflow of our relationship with God. I believe that genuine love for God will be manifested in His children.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Even though the OT is not old .. yes thats whats.. well I guess its who you.. "He who keeps a commandment preserves his soul, but he who is careless in his ways will die." "Commandment". .. anyway..

Christ came love one another as I have loved you.. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Amen glory to the great I AM! 

OT they were talking about what 630 commandments.. some just for only for Israel... again.. Christ came died rose.. Because of Christ we are free. "because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

TRUTH  OF  GODS  LOVE  

JOHN 15:9  as  THE  FATHER  hath loved  ME  so have I loved you ---continue ye in  MY  love---

--15:10-- IF-- you keep  MY  commandments you shall abide in  MY  love--- even as I have kept  MY  FATHERS commandments and abide in  HIS  love 

DEUTERONOMY 17:5  then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman which have committed that wicked thing unto thy gates even that man or woman ---and shalt stone them with stones till they die---

DEUTERONOMY 22:21  then shall they bring out the damsel to the door of her fathers house and ---and the men of the city shall stone her with stones that she die---because she hath wrought folly in israel to play the whore in her fathers house so shalt thou put evil awayfrom among you

JOHN 8:4  ---and said unto  JESUS  teacher this woman was caught in the act of adultery---

JOHN 8:5  ---in the law moses commanded us to stone such women--- WHAT DO YOU SAY  

ROMANS 8:2  FOR  THE  LAW  OF  THE  SPIRIT  OF  LIFE  IN CHRIST  JESUS  HATH  MADE  ME  FREE  FROM  THE  LAW  OF  SIN  AND  DEATH

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing ---the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life--- 

2 CORINTHIANS 3:7  but if the ministration of death written and engraven in stones was glorious so that the children of israel could not stedfastly behold the face of moses for the glory of his countenance ---WHICH  GLORY  WAS  TO  BE  DONE  AWAY--

--3:8-- how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious --

---3:9--- for if the ministration of condemnation be glory --- much more does the ministration of righteousness --- exceed in glory---

ROMANS 6:16  know you not that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey ---his servants you are to whom you obey--- whether of sin unto death --- or of obedience unto righteousness ---

HEBREWS 5:8  though  HE  were a son yet ---he learned obedience by the things which  HE  suffered---

HEBREWS 5:9  and being made perfect  HE  became the author of salvation ---unto all them that obey  HIM---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:57 AM, other one said:

I think I will keep the two that Jesus gave us and not focus on the ten he gave Moses.

In Matthew the Word speaks of Jesus dividing people up in two groups (Sheep and Goats) and it seems that those that were declared goats had not kept Jesus second commandment and were sent to hell over it....    Oddly enough nothing was said about the ten commandments....   so it appears that one can keep the ten commandments all our lives and still go to hell.

So be careful what set of commandments one promotes.  

The 2 cover the 10...

So the first great commandment: "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind" (MT 22:37), covers the first four.

And the second great commandment: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (MT 22:39), covers the last six. It's all about showing love.

Commandments one through four (of the 10 commandments - Exodus 20:3-11) are about how we are to act toward God. And the remaining six deal with how act toward each other (Exodus 20:12-17).

So great! You keep all of the 10 commandments!

Edited by Bawb

• Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.66
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Interesting observation. Thanks for your perspective regarding the Commandments.

AND  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  GIVES  US  THESE  WORDS  FROM  HIS  FATHER ( IS  NOT  JESUS  IS  THE  SAVIOUR )

JEREMIAH 7:24   but they hearkened not nor inclined their ear ---but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart---and went backward and not forward

LUKE 14:28  for which of you intending to build a tower sitteth not down first ---and counteth the cost--- whether he have sufficient to finish it

--14:29-- lest haply after he hath laid the foundation is not able to finish it all that behold it begin to mock him 

--14:30-- saying this man ---began to build and was not able to finish it---

1 CORINTHIANS 3:9   ---for we are laborers together  --WITH  GOD--  you are  GODS husbandry you are  GODS  building

--3:10--  according to the --GRACE-- of  GOD  which was given unto me ---as a wise masterbuilder--- I have laid the foundation and another buildeth thereon ---but let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon---

--3:11-- for other foundation can no man lay than that is laid which is  --JESUS  CHRIST---

--3:12-- now if any man build upon this foundation gold silver precious stones wood hay stubble

--3:13-- every mans --work-- shall be made manifest --- for the day shall declare it --- because it shall be revealed by fire ---and the fire shall try every mans --work-- what sort it is 

--3:14-- IF--  any mans  --work-- shall be burned --- HE  SHALL  SUFFER  LOSS --- but he himself shall be saved yet so as by fire 

JEREMIAH 5:14  wherefore thus saith  THE  LORD  GOD  of hosts because you speak this word --- I will make  MY  words in thy mouth fire ---and this people wood and it shall devour them ---

ISAIAH 26:10  let favor be showed to the wicked ---yet will he not learn righteousness --- in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly---  AND  WILL  NOT  BEHOLD  THE  MAJESTY  OF  THE  LORD

ROMANS 5:21  that as sin hath reigned unto death  ---even so might grace reign through --righteousness-- unto eternal life by---  JESUS  CHRIST  OUR  LORD 

JEREMIAH 11:8  yet they obeyed not nor inclined their ear but walked everyone in the imagination of their evil heart ---therefore I will bring upon them all the words of this covenant --- which I commanded them to do --- but they did them not

LOVING  THE   LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.66
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Thank you, Steve. Your responses are always very meaningful...and comprehensive.

WHY  THEN  THE  LACK  OF  RESPECT  FOR  THE  WORDS  OF  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

1 PETER 2:21  for even hereunto were ---you called--- because  CHRIST  also suffered for us ---leaving us an example -- that you should follow  HIS  steps---

--2:22-- who did no sin neither was guile found in  HIS  mouth

--2:23-- who when  HE  was reviled reviled not again when  HE  suffered  HE  threatened not ---but committed himself to  HIM  that --judgeth righteously---

JOHN 12:48  he that rejecteth  ME  ---and receiveth not  MY  WORDS--- hath one that judgeth him  ---the word that I have spoken --- the same shall judge him in the last day ---

--12:49-- for I have not spoken of myself ---but  THE  FATHER  which sent  ME  HE  gave  ME  a commandment  ---  what I should say and what I should speak---

--12:50-- and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting  ---whatsoever I speak therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  SO  I  SPEAK---

JOHN 8:29  and  HE  that sent  ME  is with  ME  THE  FATHER  hath not left  ME  alone --- for I do always those things that please  HIM

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST