• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

There's an old saying, "you are what you eat." Today the majority of the food we eat, one way or another, has been genetically modified (GMO). Studies have shown that given a choice, animals will always choose organic food over GMO. To my knowledge, there are no long-term studies for the consumption of GMO food. 

As far as food; so far, they are tinkering genetically modifying species of food, and not "kinds", vegetable and fruits anyway.  

Not to be gross but; in my travels I've seen plenty of Hispanic workers in the field harvesting crops. I've never seen a port-a-poddy or hand washing stations anywhere around. Where do you suppose they relieve themselves, and wash their hands? 

Fortunately, I'm on quality well water, but... Safe drinking water is a tradeoff, are we better off with or without the water treatment used, the immediate vs. the potential? Look at all the historical and present plagues associated with, and contracted by contaminated drinking water. 

Authorities tell us covid vaccinations are safe, pepper causes cancer, cattle farts are destroying the universe... There's a lot to be said about "a grain of salt." That's what I take when the government these days tells me something. 

As far as all the pollution, no one could disagree. We know (at least I do) that during the millennium, the earth is going to be restored to close to Edenic conditions. I suspect since humanity badly polluted God's creation, humanity will be cleaning up our mess during the millennium? 

Planet Earths problems will only continue to wax worse with time. Culminating in an ecological train wreck with the judgments in the Tribulation. 

Think we're having shortages, transport and distribution, and manufacturing problems at present. I think before long; the concerns of this post will be moot. 

Living in an unsafe world? Matthew chapter 24: and elsewhere come to mind...

Yes, I buy organic whenever possible but that is expensive and even with that I spray the heck out of all my fruits and vegetables with vinegar. Our grains have a lot of pestacides in them. I love bacon but it is one of the most dangerous foods you can eat. It causes cancer so I limit that as well. A lot of eggs have salmonella in them. When I was a kid I don't remember this problem. 

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

When I was younger, I wished I was born at least 100 years earlier, to be one of those "tough rugged pioneer guys." Fortunately, with age, comes a little more knowledge and wisdom. I'll call the days before the industrial revolution, the "age of bad breath."

Can you imagine before the advent of the inventions of the tooth brush and oral hygiene-cleaning powder, what life must have been like? The onset of not only one, but multiple toothaches; trying to get any sleep, slowly poisoning your blood stream, shortening your lifespan, a miserable existence? 

Before the invention of pliers or something to attempt tooth extraction, what and how did they deal with the pain and suffering? 

I'm blessed, we're all blessed, the Lord placed us here in the technological age. The only drawback I see, is people have grown soft and dependent.

To put it mildly those in the 1800's and earlier didn't bathe that often and they smelled bad. But they all smelled bad so maybe it wasn't noticed as much. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

To put it mildly those in the 1800's and earlier didn't bathe that often and they smelled bad. But they all smelled bad so maybe it wasn't noticed as much. 

You worry way too much.  That's bad for your health.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Delattre said:

You worry way too much.  That's bad for your health.  

Why worry? We know that God is in the process of preparing this world for the worst which is the 7 year tribulation. It isn't going to get any better until Jesus Christ comes back. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

We are not here to live forever, we are all going to die. And then be present with the Lord.  That is our goal and focus.

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Trust in the Lord that He will see you though all the days of your life, and then He will see you in heaven and eternity

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

We are not here to live forever, we are all going to die. And then be present with the Lord.  That is our goal and focus.

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Trust in the Lord that He will see you though all the days of your life, and then He will see you in heaven and eternity

So we shouldn't care?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,094
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

Do what you can to stay healthy knowing that in the end it's a lost cause so far as eternity is concerned. Staying healthy isn't totally under our control. Many people have health issues that are no fault of their own. 

We just keep changing the oil in the old car until the engine blows.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So we shouldn't care?

Care yes....fear no

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Riverwalker said:

Care yes....fear no

I agree :)

4 minutes ago, Starise said:

Do what you can to stay healthy knowing that in the end it's a lost cause so far as eternity is concerned. Staying healthy isn't totally under our control. Many people have health issues that are no fault of their own. 

We just keep changing the oil in the old car until the engine blows.

Health problems happen. But we ask God to have control of our body and any health problems we have. We ask Him to guide and direct us through it.