• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Gifts of the Spirit are real.

It's hard to explain without sounding arrogant. I see and understand things that others don't. Not only in society, but the bible also.

I've had dreams that came true. Not ordinary events in my life, but things that effected the world around us. It's weird.

Sometimes I am able to physically feel someone elses pain. I don't know if I'm somehow relieving their pain, but I know at times it really hurts.

I don't know....I believe they're real.

:emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that I actually experienced terrible grief over another person's pain, over loss of a family member, even though I had only know this person a week.

It was truly a new experience.

You have the gift of empathy. A treasure to be sure but a hard one. God must know you have the strength to handle others pain.

As to the original question... why would sprirtual gifts not exist still? It's been 20 plus years since I received Christ and only now gaining the gift of a stronger faith and an enexplainable stronger power of the Holy Spirit that lifts me everyday. I don't walk with my feet on the ground. He has deepened my faith and opened my ears to hear. Gifts can always be given and be taken away. Head His calling and He will reward you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

Please people, get the message that is being posted here throughout this thread.

Discernment is a Gift of the Holy Spirit given for the edification of the Body of Christ and it is about recognizing Good and Evil; about what is of God and what is of Satan.

It is not about knowing what someone else is feeling. That has nothing to do with discernment.

I would remind you as well that God assigns the gifts to serve His purposes within The Body. One does not get them by asking for them or by needing them - it is God's wisdom and choice that assigns them.

If you have need of a gift - then you need to find the member of your portion of The Body that has that gift. (need assumes that you don't have it or you wouldn't need it)

In any situation where you feel the "other person's" needs, wants experiences or desires be very sure that you are wearing the Whole Armour of God. do not mess with this stuff, it is not child's play. It is not cool - it is dangerous.

Trust me, I know this one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Discernment is a Gift of the Holy Spirit given for the edification of the Body of Christ and it is about recognizing Good and Evil; about what is of God and what is of Satan.

Spot on!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Spot on!

It is not JUST good and evil but the SPIRIT that is behind the action or word spoken.

1Jo 4:1

Please people, get the message that is being posted here throughout this thread.

It is not about knowing what someone else is feeling. That has nothing to do with discernment.

I would remind you as well that God assigns the gifts to serve His purposes within The Body. One does not get them by asking for them or by needing them - it is God's wisdom and choice that assigns them.

If you have need of a gift - then you need to find the member of your portion of The Body that has that gift. (need assumes that you don't have it or you wouldn't need it)

In any situation where you feel the "other person's" needs, wants experiences or desires be very sure that you are wearing the Whole Armour of God. do not mess with this stuff, it is not child's play. It is not cool - it is dangerous.

How do you know? By what authority do you have to say "trust" me? The Holy Spirit is what inspired the scriptures. It also discerns good and evil but is so much more. You obviously don't know. Wisdom hunter put it perfectly as well as larry. The Holy Spirit inspires us to lead people to Him or to plant seeds. It's our faith that gives us the knowledge that God gives gifts as He sees fit. I don't think you have to remind us.

I feel like I'm in school and just got my knuckles slapped with a ruler. ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

:whistling::24::24::emot-hug::emot-hug: he can't hurt you cj....God loves you!!!!

:whistling::24::24::emot-hug::emot-hug: he can't hurt you cj....God loves you!!!!

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug: love ya sis :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Yes they do. But sometimes they are present before we are mature enough to use them with knowledge. We should allow him to develop us to be more like Him. And not be too concerned with the gifts. THe gifts will be present when he wants us to use them.

candi

Yes they do. But sometimes they are present before we are mature enough to use them with knowledge. We should allow him to develop us to be more like Him. And not be too concerned with the gifts. THe gifts will be present when he wants us to use them.

candi

He knows all. When to give us gifts, which gifts and how to use them. I waited 20 years to recieve my gifts. But it is because I finally opened my eyes and ears to listen.

Good post Candi :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

How do you know? By what authority do you have to say "trust" me? The Holy Spirit is what inspired the scriptures. It also discerns good and evil but is so much more. You obviously don't know. Wisdom hunter put it perfectly as well as larry. The Holy Spirit inspires us to lead people to Him or to plant seeds. It's our faith that gives us the knowledge that God gives gifts as He sees fit. I don't think you have to remind us.

I feel like I'm in school and just got my knuckles slapped with a ruler. :24: