• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Starise said:

I looked at historical findings of ancient peoples who were far beyond the building technology we have even today. I never bought into the ancient astronaut theory or ancient aliens, yet here were these huge structures made to ultra tight tolerances.

I don't find this argument particularly compelling. It sort of implies that people back then were somehow dumber than us. They certainly did not have access to the material science we now have or the construction technologies. They did have a lot of time however. For example, cathedrals in Europe were made by multi-generational tradesmen over centuries. Almost all ancient buildings, even those with remarkable tolerances, are over-engineered and don't show access to advanced construction techniques. I'm sure there are many remarkable feats of ancient engineering.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

13 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I don't find this argument particularly compelling. It sort of implies that people back then were somehow dumber than us. They certainly did not have access to the material science we now have or the construction technologies. They did have a lot of time however. For example, cathedrals in Europe were made by multi-generational tradesmen over centuries. Almost all ancient buildings, even those with remarkable tolerances, are over-engineered and don't show access to advanced construction techniques. I'm sure there are many remarkable feats of ancient engineering.

No worries. I didn't expect many would find this particularly compelling. To accept it one has to both see and acknowledge the following.

- No matter how many generations went by some of these techniques used are well ahead of us even today.

-people were not dumber than us then. There were certainly gifted engineers. Not every magnificent feat of engineering was assisted by elohim, fallen angels, angels in charge of areas and/or people. In some cases there was NO assistance by humans at all in my opinion.

North America is only one example of findings which indicate a people much more ancient than the American Indians who during their occupation made things the American Indians were not capable of making. This would disprove anyone saying people were 'dumber" back them. The question isn't one of intelligence, it's a question of assistance.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Starise said:

North America is only one example of findings which indicate a people much more ancient than the American Indians who during their occupation made things the American Indians were not capable of making. This would disprove anyone saying people were 'dumber" back them. The question isn't one of intelligence, it's a question of assistance.

At this risk of taking off-topic, but out of curiousity, what is this referring to?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Starise said:

The question isn't one of intelligence, it's a question of assistance.

The modern word "inspired" means "in spirit". I'd say the elohim, then and now, are a much larger influence than we can imagine. For example, there are NDE testimonies describing spirits pouring energy into doctors during surgery to assist the patient. Inspiration is commonplace. We just don't pay attention.

Edited by LearningToLetGo
  • Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, teddyv said:

At this risk of taking off-topic, but out of curiousity, what is this referring to?

One archeologist I follow is Scott Wolder who has uncovered numerous pre Indian relics. Since we can't post videos here, this is a title to C/P into YouTube.

America Unearthed: Legend of the Appalachian Giant (S3, E3) | Full Episode | History

Once we begin study of the mounds in America we find giant skeletons were found in them. Anyone who follows that connection knows where it leads. These were not all humans.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, AandW_Rootbeer said:

The best Scriptural Evidence that Elohim is Singular, not Plural, is found in the Hebrew Scroll of Exodus.

First of all, we know in the Gospel of John, Chapter 8, Verse 58, Yeshua ADMITS that He is I AM, which we learn originally from the Burning Bush/Moses Passage. So, the Representation of God in the Burning Bush Passage is the Pre-Incarnate Christ.

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 3

6And He said, "I am the Elohim of your father, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob." And Moses hid his face because he was afraid to look toward Elohim.

^

And when Moses asked Elohim, WHOM should I tell the Hebrew People Who sent me?

Elohim's response:

14Elohim said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"

And in Chapter 6, Elohim confesses to being someone else that we know as a Name of God.

2Elohim spoke to Moses, and He said to him, "I am the Lord.

3I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob with [the name] Almighty Elohim, but [with] My name YHWH, I did not become known to them.

^

So, the Pre-Incarnate Christ confesses to being Elohim, I AM, and YHWH [which is YAHWEH] in the Book of 

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 3 and 6!

The Amazing things we learn from reading the Torah/Tanakh!!

Thank goodness for someone with some sensible research...I was starting to think the crazies had taken over for a while there! Spiritualists were running rampant.

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, adamjedgar said:

Thank goodness for someone with some sensible research...I was starting to think the crazies had taken over for a while there! Spiritualists were running rampant.

This is reason to be reported. If you disagree with an opinion why not attempt to disprove the statements made in the OP using the original statements in the OP.

It is very clear the term elohim has different contexts in the bible. The other opinions do not discredit the statement above since there are multiple meanings in different contexts involved.

A balanced set of views based on study and prudent reason are always a good thing. This isn't what just happened in the last post.

• Thumbs Up 1

To clarify what might have been misunderstood, I always rely on the bible first. If other findings support what it says that's a good thing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Starise said:

One archeologist I follow is Scott Wolder who has uncovered numerous pre Indian relics. Since we can't post videos here, this is a title to C/P into YouTube.

America Unearthed: Legend of the Appalachian Giant (S3, E3) | Full Episode | History

Once we begin study of the mounds in America we find giant skeletons were found in them. Anyone who follows that connection knows where it leads. These were not all humans.

With subject matter such as this, admittedly I should have taken more time to investigate Scott Wolder. If you check him out you probably won't find anything terribly out of line on the surface. 

I have several more links, but in respect for the OP and this being primarily a theological discussion and not a scientific one I'm going to open this back up to Justin's original thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:11 AM, R. Hartono said:

Imho what hit you like lightning is your own accusation that the verse written by David showed there are many Gods.

Psalm 82:1 God/Elohim standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods/elohim

That verse written by David doesnt mean that David saw there are many Elohim in heaven equal to Yahwe, but that means God as the judge to other "elohim".

Because David wrote that Yahwe is above other "elohim".

Psalm 95:3  For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

https://biblehub.com/text/psalms/95-3.htm

First of all, David did not write Psalm 82, Asaph did.  So I dismiss your analysis.

(Psalms 82:1)  A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:  [ESV]

• Thumbs Up 1