• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

The problem I  have with all this is....reading the prophets apart from the Covenant promises, spoken in the law.

Where is the promise to the nation of Israel to dwell with their king? 

The promise is right there, the holy nation of Israel will dwell with their King in the New Heaven and Earth, it's called New Jerusalem

2 Peter 3:13KJV

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Edited by truth7t7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

1 hour ago, truth7t7 said:

The promise is right there, the holy nation of Israel will dwell with their King in the New Heaven and Earth, it's called New Jerusalem

2 Peter 3:13KJV

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Where is that promise found for Israel?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

59 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Where is that promise found for Israel?

There are no covenants or promises with National Ethnic Israel In Dwelling With the King"None"

Edited by truth7t7
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,040
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

12 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

Five paragraphs presented, and not one scripture to support claims made

There won't be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth, Jesus won't be on this earth amongst mortal humans

The Antichrist will be in Jerusalem, proclaiming to the Jews and world to be Messiah God returned "Beware"

OK. If I quote scripture, which you and I and the interested reader all know I have, and you dismiss them by giving them another meaning because you say that they are allegorical and "spiritual", what will more scriptures help? God declared His plan with man in Genesis 1:26-28, which you say is allegorical, and I say God will fulfill. We don't have a dispute because you dismiss the grammatical meaning and I don't. For two opponents to have a chance of sorting something out, we must have a common base. This we don't.

I grant you your decision to go your way, but any further discussion is vain. It is like an American football player and a New Zealand Rugby player arguing about their own game. The rules are different although both are physical and both play with an oblong ball. You would be the first to say; "hey guys - you don't play the same game!"

Go well and may the Lord preserve us both to that great day when we have to give an account of ourselves.

13 hours ago, Anne2 said:

The problem I  have with all this is....reading the prophets apart from the Covenant promises, spoken in the law.

In the Covenant of Promise, made with Abraham, Genesis 17:6, 16

In the Covenant of Sinai, made with Israel, Deuteronomy 17:14-20

In Covenant with David, 1st Kings 9:5, 2nd Chron.7:18

As Promise to the prophets, Jeremiah 23:5-6

Edited by AdHoc

22 hours ago, Josheb said:

There is no promise of a king in the Genesis 17 covenant(s).

Genesis 17:1-27
Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless.  I will establish My covenant between Me and you, And I will multiply you exceedingly."  Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying, "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you will be the father of a multitude of nations.  "No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.  I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you.  I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.  I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."  God said further to Abraham, "Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you.  And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.  A servant who is born in your house or who is bought with your money shall surely be circumcised; thus shall My covenant be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.  But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."  Then God said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name.  I will bless her, and indeed I will give you a son by her. Then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her."  Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, "Will a child be born to a man one hundred years old? And will Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?"  And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before You!"  But God said, "No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year."  When He finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham.  Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.  Now Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.  And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.  In the very same day Abraham was circumcised, and Ishmael his son.  All the men of his household, who were born in the house or bought with money from a foreigner, were circumcised with him.

The promise was kings (plural) would come forth from Abraham, not one specific king, and definitely not an earthly kingdom. No interpretation of Genesis 17 can be made that comes into conflict with 1 Samuel 8. 

1 Samuel 8:1-22
And it came about when Samuel was old that he appointed his sons judges over Israel.  Now the name of his firstborn was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judging in Beersheba.  His sons, however, did not walk in his ways, but turned aside after dishonest gain and took bribes and perverted justice.  Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah;  and they said to him, "Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations."  But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD.  The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.  "Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day—in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also.  "Now then, listen to their voice; however, you shall solemnly warn them and tell them of the procedure of the king who will reign over them."  So Samuel spoke all the words of the LORD to the people who had asked of him a king.  He said, "This will be the procedure of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and place them for himself in his chariots and among his horsemen and they will run before his chariots.  "He will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and of fifties, and some to do his plowing and to reap his harvest and to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.  "He will also take your daughters for perfumers and cooks and bakers.  "He will take the best of your fields and your vineyards and your olive groves and give them to his servants.  "He will take a tenth of your seed and of your vineyards and give to his officers and to his servants.  "He will also take your male servants and your female servants and your best young men and your donkeys and use them for his work.  "He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his servants.  "Then you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."  Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, "No, but there shall be a king over us, that we also may be like all the nations, that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles."  Now after Samuel had heard all the words of the people, he repeated them in the LORD'S hearing.  The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to their voice and appoint them a king." So Samuel said to the men of Israel, "Go every man to his city."

God never wanted Israel to have a king like the other nations and He plainly state their desire to have a king like the other nations was a rejection of God as their king. In other words, the request, the demand for a king was sinful. It was disobedience. God was king before Abraham was born. God was king over Israel before Israel existed, before they were chosen, before they were brought to the promised land, before they ever petitioned Samuel for a king. They had a king before they asked for a king! They had a King with which no earthly king could compete and against Whom no earthly king could stand, and they willingly, willfully, defiantly chose a lesser king. 

That was not what God had promised Abraham. 

And the God-initiated covenant with Abraham should be understood in context of something Paul wrote centuries later. 

Romans 4:13-18
For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.  For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void.  For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.  That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,  as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.  In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.”

and... 

Galatians 3:7-9
Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.  And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”  So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

When God made that covenant with Abraham and his descendants God was not, according to Paul, making a pledge to bloodline, but to faith. Furthermore, according to Paul, the gospel was preached to Abraham! The covenant contained the gospel. It is a particularly curious comment by Paul because a "gospel," is a Greek and Roman term specifically used on occasion when a Caesar or general had a great victory (and was typically thereby deified). 

Philippians 2:1-11
Therefore, if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.  Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.  Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men.  Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.  For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

I did not address whether God wanted a king or not. The question posed was whether in the Covenants a king was mentioned. You created a fictitious concept, attributed it to me, and then slaughtered it with overkill. It seems that you want dispute at all costs.

However, I would like to express my agreement with most of what you wrote. Maybe some interested reader benefited from your posting. It is certainly pertinent because it is not the Elders that the keys of the Kingdom are given, but the Church. And it was the Church that was to pass judgment in multiple examples in Acts, 1st Corinthians, etc.

23 hours ago, Josheb said:

There is no promise of a king in the Genesis 17 covenant(s).

Genesis 17:1-27
Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless.  I will establish My covenant between Me and you, And I will multiply you exceedingly."  Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying, "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you will be the father of a multitude of nations.  "No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.  I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you.  I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.  I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."  God said further to Abraham, "Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you.  And every male among you who is eight days old shall be circumcised throughout your generations, a servant who is born in the house or who is bought with money from any foreigner, who is not of your descendants.  A servant who is born in your house or who is bought with your money shall surely be circumcised; thus shall My covenant be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.  But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."  Then God said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name.  I will bless her, and indeed I will give you a son by her. Then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her."  Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, "Will a child be born to a man one hundred years old? And will Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?"  And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before You!"  But God said, "No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year."  When He finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham.  Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.  Now Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.  And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.  In the very same day Abraham was circumcised, and Ishmael his son.  All the men of his household, who were born in the house or bought with money from a foreigner, were circumcised with him.

The promise was kings (plural) would come forth from Abraham, not one specific king, and definitely not an earthly kingdom. No interpretation of Genesis 17 can be made that comes into conflict with 1 Samuel 8. 

1 Samuel 8:1-22
And it came about when Samuel was old that he appointed his sons judges over Israel.  Now the name of his firstborn was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judging in Beersheba.  His sons, however, did not walk in his ways, but turned aside after dishonest gain and took bribes and perverted justice.  Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah;  and they said to him, "Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations."  But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD.  The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.  "Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day—in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also.  "Now then, listen to their voice; however, you shall solemnly warn them and tell them of the procedure of the king who will reign over them."  So Samuel spoke all the words of the LORD to the people who had asked of him a king.  He said, "This will be the procedure of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and place them for himself in his chariots and among his horsemen and they will run before his chariots.  "He will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and of fifties, and some to do his plowing and to reap his harvest and to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.  "He will also take your daughters for perfumers and cooks and bakers.  "He will take the best of your fields and your vineyards and your olive groves and give them to his servants.  "He will take a tenth of your seed and of your vineyards and give to his officers and to his servants.  "He will also take your male servants and your female servants and your best young men and your donkeys and use them for his work.  "He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his servants.  "Then you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."  Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, "No, but there shall be a king over us, that we also may be like all the nations, that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles."  Now after Samuel had heard all the words of the people, he repeated them in the LORD'S hearing.  The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to their voice and appoint them a king." So Samuel said to the men of Israel, "Go every man to his city."

God never wanted Israel to have a king like the other nations and He plainly state their desire to have a king like the other nations was a rejection of God as their king. In other words, the request, the demand for a king was sinful. It was disobedience. God was king before Abraham was born. God was king over Israel before Israel existed, before they were chosen, before they were brought to the promised land, before they ever petitioned Samuel for a king. They had a king before they asked for a king! They had a King with which no earthly king could compete and against Whom no earthly king could stand, and they willingly, willfully, defiantly chose a lesser king. 

That was not what God had promised Abraham. 

And the God-initiated covenant with Abraham should be understood in context of something Paul wrote centuries later. 

Romans 4:13-18
For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.  For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void.  For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.  That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,  as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.  In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.”

and... 

Galatians 3:7-9
Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.  And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”  So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

When God made that covenant with Abraham and his descendants God was not, according to Paul, making a pledge to bloodline, but to faith. Furthermore, according to Paul, the gospel was preached to Abraham! The covenant contained the gospel. It is a particularly curious comment by Paul because a "gospel," is a Greek and Roman term specifically used on occasion when a Caesar or general had a great victory (and was typically thereby deified). 

Philippians 2:1-11
Therefore, if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.  Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.  Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men.  Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.  For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

The covenant of Genesis 17 includes the nations not just Israel. That is my point. Nor is it all Israel. This is the covenant which cannot be disannulled by the law. The first covenant made in Genesis 15 says nothing about kings.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:49 AM, AdHoc said:

In the Covenant of Promise, made with Abraham, Genesis 17:6, 16

In the Covenant of Sinai, made with Israel, Deuteronomy 17:14-20

In Covenant with David, 1st Kings 9:5, 2nd Chron.7:18

As Promise to the prophets, Jeremiah 23:5-6

Deuteronomy 17:14-20 is not a covenant promise for a king to the nation of Israel. If they wanted a king they needed to pick one from among their brethren. Moses never gave them a king, nor did the Sinai covenant. It is similar to divorce.

Mt 19:8  He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Solomon here is subject to the Sinai covenant, to receive the promise. David received the promise by faith. David did not have the kingdom taken from him, Solomon did.

1Ki 11:11  Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant. {is done … : Heb. is with thee }
1Ki 11:12  Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father’s sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.

1 ki 9:5  Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.
6  But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
7  Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:

Edited by Anne2

On 12/31/2021 at 2:21 AM, Anne2 said:

58 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

The covenant of Genesis 17 includes the nations not just Israel. That is my point. Nor is it all Israel. This is the covenant which cannot be disannulled by the law. The first covenant made in Genesis 15 says nothing about kings.

34 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Deuteronomy 17:14-20 is not a covenant promise for a king to the nation of Israel. If they wanted a king they needed to pick one from among their brethren. Moses never gave them a king, nor did the Sinai covenant. It is similar to divorce.

Mt 19:8  He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Solomon here is subject to the Sinai covenant, to receive the promise. David received the promise by faith. Solomon did not have the kingdom taken from him, Solomon did.

1Ki 11:11  Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant. {is done … : Heb. is with thee }
1Ki 11:12  Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father’s sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.

1 ki 9:5  Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.
6  But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
7  Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:

In retrospect, I did not answer your question properly. I understood you to have objected because I did not take into consideration the Promises and the Law when quoting the prophets. Your precise wording was for me to show the PROMISE of a King dwelling with Israel IN THE LAW.

There is not such a promise. I should have been more precise and said that in God's foreknowledge He REGULATED the future kings of Israel in the Law. And although God PROMISED kings from Sarah, He did not promise A king dwelling in their midst. Please ignore my answers.

Having established that, the fact of our Lord Jesus living in Jerusalem as King of the Jews is still correct. But you objected. Could you expand on your statement that this fact pointed to me not reading the prophets in light of the Promises? Thanks.