Bawb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  11

Okay, so we all understand that Christianity is more than just a religion or a set of rituals—it is the reality of knowing Him, right?

In Hebrews ch. 7, Paul teaches us about the almighty authority and power of our Lord and High Priest, Jesus Christ, who alone can “save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them (Heb. 7:25)."  

No longer do we need to observe the law of ordinances which Christ "blotted out" and completely "took away" when He died on the cross (see Col. 2:9-17 below.). Why?  ….because the law of religious ordinances of blood sacrifices to atone for sins, etc., including the keeping of certain days and performing ceremonies and/or rituals of cleansing, etc., cannot give anyone life.  That is why it was necessary and promised by Almighty God that Jesus Christ would be a priest after the order of Melchisedec (Ps. 110:4).

All the laws contained in ordinances were completely done away with when Christ died on the cross and rent the "veil" to the Holy of Holies from top to bottom, entering in as our High Priest once and for all time.  Never again would there ever be a need for another high priest, for He is our priest forever, eternally, after the order of Melchisedec.

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

- Colossians 2:9-17 (NKJV)

Edited by Selah7
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Okay, so we all understand that Christianity is more than just a religion or a set of rituals—it is the reality of knowing Him, right?

In Hebrews ch. 7, Paul teaches us about the almighty authority and power of our Lord and High Priest, Jesus Christ, who alone can “save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them (Heb. 7:25)."  

No longer do we need to observe the law of ordinances which Christ "blotted out" and completely "took away" when He died on the cross (see Col. 2:9-17 below.). Why?  ….because the law of religious ordinances of blood sacrifices to atone for sins, etc., including the keeping of certain days and performing ceremonies and/or rituals of cleansing, etc., cannot give anyone life.  That is why it was necessary and promised by Almighty God that Jesus Christ would be a priest after the order of Melchisedec (Ps. 110:4).

All the laws contained in ordinances were completely done away with when Christ died on the cross and rent the "veil" to the Holy of Holies from top to bottom, entering in as our High Priest once and for all time.  Never again would there ever be a need for another high priest, for He is our priest forever, eternally, after the order of Melchisedec.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

- Colossians 2:9-17 (NKJV)

As you stated, we no longer have the ability to perform blood atonement with animals at the temple. But as you stated our High Priest Yeshua makes intersession for us to the Father.

The veil also tore the separation of the Jews from the Gentiles and Yeshua from the Gentiles.

The "ordinances" were the crimes against us. Such as the "ordinances" Yeshua was guilty of "The King of the Jews". That was the only crime Pilate could put on His cross. But the ordinances against us were the ones also nailed to the cross. I can't agree with you that ALL the laws were done away with. That would make us lawless. Thus incurring this:

Matthew 7:22 through 24 - 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’ 24Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

I will let no one judge me about observing the festivals of YeHoVah, the new moons or the Sabbath... I follow this advice.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

No longer do we need to observe the law of ordinances which Christ "blotted out" and completely "took away" when He died on the cross

I agree with parts of your post, however, there is a bit of a misconception regarding the Old Testament law that i really think every one here needs to take a step back and consider...

After the fall of man, no one on this earth except Christ has been able to keep the law. It is a fallacy that the Israelites of the OT were able to keep the law. No one has ever been saved by this method...the apostle states "even Abraham was saved by faith". 

This is where the entire historical fallacy of salvation by works has been completely misunderstood for thousands of years (not only New Testament times but also in the Old!). It was the Jews who made the law a burden...not God. This was Jesus point about this principle!

The reason that the Gospel highlights this issue is because no one prior to Jesus understood it!

God saying to the Israelites, you are being sent into exile is almost always because they [the Israelites] entered into Idolatry...they forsook the God of Heaven and his statutes and commands, and they worshipped other Gods. This is very different from the claim they did not keep the law! It means they broke their marriage vow to Him! (a human example of this is adultery...it is a parallel, it means the same thing as, idolatry).

By forsaking God through idolatry, they forsook the very essence of his character. If we forsake the character of God, we disown ourselves from Him. This is exactly what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden when they disobeyed the command given to Adam in Genesis 2 (do not eat of the tree of good and evil)

Edited by adamjedgar
  • Well Said! 1

31 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

I agree with parts of your post, however, there is a bit of a misconception regarding the Old Testament law that i really think every one here needs to take a step back and consider...

After the fall of man, no one on this earth except Christ has been able to keep the law. It is a fallacy that the Israelites of the OT were able to keep the law. No one has ever been saved by this method...the apostle states "even Abraham was saved by faith". 

This is where the entire historical fallacy of salvation by works has been completely misunderstood for thousands of years (not only New Testament times but also in the Old!). It was the Jews who made the law a burden...not God. This was Jesus point about this principle!

The reason that the Gospel highlights this issue is because no one prior to Jesus understood it!

God saying to the Israelites, you are being sent into exile is almost always because they [the Israelites] entered into Idolatry...they forsook the God of Heaven and his statutes and commands, and they worshipped other Gods. This is very different from the claim they did not keep the law! It means they broke their marriage vow to Him! (a human example of this is adultery...it is a parallel, it means the same thing as, idolatry).

By forsaking God through idolatry, they forsook the very essence of his character. If we forsake the character of God, we disown ourselves from Him. This is exactly what Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden when they disobeyed the command given to Adam in Genesis 2 (do not eat of the tree of good and evil)

I started to Bold the items in your post I agree with and then this happened...

Anyway, Abraham was declared righteous by his belief? Yep! An example of Grace right there in the "Old Testament".

Also, the "Jews" who made the heavy burdens; hard to bear were the ones coming out of Babylon with their Pharisees. The took "The Law" and added to it with their Halakah, Talmud and oral traditions of men. "The Law" as far as the Law of Moses, it's pretty much summed up in:

Deuteronomy 30:11&12  - 11For this commandment I give you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12It is not in heaven, that you should need to ask, ‘Who will ascend into heaven to get it for us and proclaim it, that we may obey it?

21 minutes ago, Josheb said:

The fact is no one but Jesus has lived by the whole Law. ALL have sinned and fall short of God's glory and God has laid on Christ the iniquity of us all. No one can live by the whole law. It is by the Law we are made aware of sin (Rom. 3:20). Sin reigned from Adam to Moses, when there was no Law (Rom. 5:14). The Law is holy, righteous, and good (Rom. 7:12) but no one is declared righteous by it. The Law is spiritual, but we are unspiritual (Rom. 7:14), sold as slaves to sin were it not for the shed blood of Christ by whose Spirit, we have been set free from the law of sin and death: if we disobey God then we die. The law is good when used lawfully (1 Tim. 1:8). 

Therefore, the Law is NOT a curse...

BUT anyone who tries to live by it as a means of attaining salvation, righteousness, or justification is cursed because it must be lived in whole obedience for that to work and even then the Law will not suffice because one of the commands by God stipulated..... 

The righteous shall live by FAITH. 

I like what you wrote here...

Jose, love ya still...

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

On 1/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, appy said: