R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,954
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Believe in Jesus doesnt mean you can claim to have already received Holy Spirit.

Matt 3:11.....He Will baptize you with Holy Spirit and fire.

As fulfillment of the above prophecy by John the Baptist, Jesus claimed the first church in Jerusalem by sending them Holy Spirit on Pentecost Day. Its God who claimed and sealed the first church not otherwise.

Holy Spirit did not baptize the Theologian priests and scholar pharisees who knew verses well and claimed God and whatsoever faith. Jesus did not claim these smart kind of parroting verses.

Christians are competing with the world to seek job, wealth, food, beautiful home, education, recreation, health facility, clothing, security means, transport etc. Are we still have time to seek Holy Spirit ? 

The door shall be closed soon at the fullness of gentiles when the Restrainer is removed. You need to ask Jesus not any pastors as there are many fake and imposters.

Are we even Worthy.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

There is a difference between merely believing God exists and receiving Jesus into our hearts. We receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. All who believe in Jesus Christ instantaneously receive the Holy Spirit. The bible says that a person can not be a believer in Jesus Christ without the Holy Spirit in their life.

John 6 : 28, 29
Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

There is no command in Scripture to seek for the Holy Spirit, or to pray so he can be received. If the Holy Spirit were given apart from salvation, we would expect the bible to give the requirements of his reception.

Cornelius and his entire household was not at Pentecost, but upon hearing the gospel preached in his home, the Holy Spirit was given to him and all who were present in his home.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

SEEK  THE  HOLY  SPIRIT ???

LUKE 11:13  if you then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children --- how much more shall your heavenly  FATHER  give the holy spirit --- to those that ask  HIM

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have the testimony of  JESUS  worship  GOD  for the testimony of  JESUS  is the spirit of prophecy 

1 TIMOTHY 2:5  for there is ---one mediator---   between  GOD  and men    ---the man  JESUS  CHRIST---

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say ---and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding in all things---

JOHN 14:13  and whatsoever you shall ask  ---MY  NAME--- that will I do --- that  THE  FATHER  may be glorified in  THE  SON---

ACTS 3:26  unto you first  GOD  having raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS  --sent  HIM-- to bless you in turning away everyone of you from his iniquities

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in  HIM  ---that if we ask anything--- according to  HIS  will  HE  heareth us

PSALM 28:5  because they regard not the works of  THE  LORD  nor the operation of  HIS  hands he shall destroy them ---and not build them up---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah....I have to disagree

There is a difference between the Pentecostal experience for ministry and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that is for all believers

Romans 8:

11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Sonship Through the Spirit

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[e] Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, steve morrow said:

SEEK  THE  HOLY  SPIRIT ???

LUKE 11:13  if you then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children --- how much more shall your heavenly  FATHER  give the holy spirit --- to those that ask  HIM

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have the testimony of  JESUS  worship  GOD  for the testimony of  JESUS  is the spirit of prophecy 

1 TIMOTHY 2:5  for there is ---one mediator---   between  GOD  and men    ---the man  JESUS  CHRIST---

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say ---and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding in all things---

JOHN 14:13  and whatsoever you shall ask  ---MY  NAME--- that will I do --- that  THE  FATHER  may be glorified in  THE  SON---

ACTS 3:26  unto you first  GOD  having raised up  HIS  SON  JESUS  --sent  HIM-- to bless you in turning away everyone of you from his iniquities

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in  HIM  ---that if we ask anything--- according to  HIS  will  HE  heareth us

PSALM 28:5  because they regard not the works of  THE  LORD  nor the operation of  HIS  hands he shall destroy them ---and not build them up---

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit...

John 14:5 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

The Gift of His Peace

25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, appy said:

There is a difference between merely believing God exists and receiving Jesus into our hearts. We receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. All who believe in Jesus Christ instantaneously receive the Holy Spirit. The bible says that a person can not be a believer in Jesus Christ without the Holy Spirit in their life.

John 6 : 28, 29
Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

There is no command in Scripture to seek for the Holy Spirit, or to pray so he can be received. If the Holy Spirit were given apart from salvation, we would expect the bible to give the requirements of his reception.

Cornelius and his entire household was not at Pentecost, but upon hearing the gospel preached in his home, the Holy Spirit was given to him and all who were present in his home.

Yes, the instant we genuinely ask Jesus Christ into our heart we have the Holy Spirit. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:08 AM, missmuffet said:

Yes, the instant we genuinely ask Jesus Christ into our heart we have the Holy Spirit. 

The instant people believe in Jesus and already receive water baptism, it doesnt mean they have the Holy Spirit.

Peter and John placed their hands to BELIEVERS so they may rcvd the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:16 For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

All apostles were told to wait for Holy Spirit in Jerusalem because Lord Jesus need to fulfill the above prophecy by John the Baptist.

Believers need to ask :

LUKE 11:13  if you then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children --- how much more shall your heavenly  FATHER  give the holy spirit --- to those that ask  HIM.

Edited by R. Hartono

On 1/14/2022 at 9:21 PM, steve morrow said:

"To those that asked Him" means believers need to ask. The same thing like asking water baptism by pastors but directly to God. Isnt it ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

SPIRIT  OF  TRUTH 

1 JOHN 4:5  they are of the world ---therefore they speak of the world--- and the world heareth them

--4:6-- we are of  GOD  he that knoweth  GOD  heareth us ---he that is not of  GOD  heareth us not--- here by know we the ---the spirit of truth--- and the spirit of error

1 JOHN 5:6  this is  HE  that came by water and blood  ---EVEN  JESUS  CHRIST---  not by water only but by water and blood and it is the spirit that beareth witness because ---the spirit is truth---

JOHN 14:6  JESUS  saith unto him I am the way ---the truth--- and the life--- no man cometh unto  THE  FATHER  but by  ME

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing  ---the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life---

EPHESIANS 5:9  for the fruit of the spirit is in all ---goodness--and righteousness--and truth--

--5:10-- proving what is acceptable unto  THE  LORD

--5:11--and have ---no fellowship--- with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather reprove them

EPHESIANS 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation ---and the sword of the spirit --- which is the word of GOD---

REVELATION 19:13  and he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood ---and  HIS  name is called  THE  WORD  OF  GOD---

EPHESIANS 4:21  IF  SO  BE  THAT  YOU  HAVE  HEARD  HIM  AND  BEEN  TAUGHT  BY ---HIM---AS  THE  TRUTH  IS  IN  JESUS---

HEBREWS 13:6  ---SO  THAT  WE  MAY  BOLDLY  SAY  THE  LORD  IS  MY  HELPER--- and I will not fear what man shall do unto me 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/15/2022 at 8:44 PM, R. Hartono said:

The instant people believe in Jesus and already receive water baptism, it doesnt mean they have the Holy Spirit.

Peter and John placed their hands to BELIEVERS so they may rcvd the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:16 For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

All apostles were told to wait for Holy Spirit in Jerusalem because Lord Jesus need to fulfill the above prophecy by John the Baptist.

Believers need to ask :

LUKE 11:13  if you then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children --- how much more shall your heavenly  FATHER  give the holy spirit --- to those that ask  HIM.

Yes, a person has the Holy Spirit as soon as they are a genuine believer. Baptism has nothing to do with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1