• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Starise said:

I used the violin as one example and I am so glad to hear you are playing your instrument. 

I have been in a standstill hole musically for awhile now. Basically ever since I had the friction leading worship at my last church. Now I have some health issues I'm dealing with, so I sometimes feel as if God is just done with me. That's why I think maybe I'll get oppotunities in heaven one day as I don't seem to be getting them here. If God sends me a message to just throw in the towel I would be sad but I guess I would just move on.

I still play piano on a rotation basis at church, but it ends up being very little over a few months. 

I have natural gifts and very good ones where I tried my hands and have been bless with success...

But then the Lord gave me new ones and he told me ...chose what you want to do...but you must understand on your own what I would like for you to decide without me spelling it to you...

The Lord let's have our way and then he shows up and he let us know that he has plan something else for us...in the right time...so we must look forwards to something different at some time in our lives....

One time the Lord told through someone else that "I am a musician " and then I realized that he wanted me to play a different tune in many things that are related to the Gospel when he said that I must play a new song...it took me time to get in what he was asking me...

To watch out for the defenders for their doctrines in the churches where I was visiting...they do not care about anyone they are defenders....like the defenders of Judaism who were blindly followed. PAUL to do him harm and the Lord told him let them be they will not succeed....

You can see that in the churches they demand blind obedience and blind royalty and they suppress anything else...they stop it at the start...

One minister said and he is not the only one...I am preaching what I used to persecute...the Gospel of Grace..the Lord had sent people to help me and I trouble their pearls under my feet and in secrecy I spoke badly about them...and gave them a cold shoulder and the people follow me they were unfriendly to them because I salute them with a cold smile and a cold hand shake...

He said now I grieve for what I have done and my heart is heavy...and the Lord said that at the right time he will take it away from it....my restrains in this life till the right time when I have learn enough and go out to suffer the same persecution I had afflicted on others the Lord had sent to me...the Lord wanted me for himself...my royalty to him also...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

23 minutes ago, Starise said:

On spiritual gifts- I'm not sure what my spiritual gift is unless it's the gift of helps whatever that means. Could be anything from playing music to moving chairs and everything in between. 

I once thought I could teach, but it seems the Lord doesn't open those doors either.

Back in the 1970's and 80's there was a wave of interest in the gifts, and many conferences, seminars, and workshops were held. Swathes of material, folders, manuals, tapes, videos, CDs, DVDs. Many came to Christ through hearing about these events. 

I have retained these four passages as fundamental to the topic.

Gifts Of Grace And Faith For Each:

Rom 12:3-8  For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.  (4)  For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function,  (5)  so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.  (6)  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith;  (7)  or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching;  (8)  he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Gifts Of The Spirit For Some: 

1Co 12:4-11  There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.  (5)  There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.  (6)  And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.  (7)  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:  (8)  for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,  (9)  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,  (10)  to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.  (11)  But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Gifts Of Personages For Co-ordinating The Body Of Christ:

Eph 4:7-12  But to each one of us was the grace given according to the measure of the gift of Christ.  (8)  Therefore he says, “When he ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to people.”  (9)  Now this, “He ascended”, what is it but that he also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?  (10)  He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.  (11)  He gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers;  (12)  for the perfecting of the saints, to the work of serving, to the building up of the body of Christ;

Gifts To Be Good Stewards Of:

1Pe 4:10-11  As each has received a gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the grace of God in its various forms.  (11)  If anyone speaks, let it be as it were the very words of God. If anyone serves, let it be as of the strength which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Blessings from Michael37.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.22
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

We have to guard against the misuse and abuse of gifts.

I'm not sure how that could occur.  If one isn't filled with the Spirit, the gift simply isn't active.

I have heard it said that the gifts of the Spirit cannot manifest without the fruit of the Spirit.

I view the fruit of the Spirit as the evidence of being filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18).  The fruit isn't about gifts.  It's for every believer, regardless of their gifting.

Also, I stand by my belief that a person can minister in a particular gift they are specially endowed with just for that occasion. Many testimonies speak to this,

The gift of faith is often given to someone to undertake something they would not otherwise do.

[I goofed up and can't get the paragraph separater to work.  But this doesn't mean that such gifts are temporary or only for single events.]

A word of knowledge is often given to someone who has no experience of the sudden moving of the Holy Spirit to intervene in a situation.

Some of the people that claim to have an infallible permanent ability to discern spirits, prophesy, deliver or interpret tongues messages, and perform miracles have been tragic cult leaders. 

I doubt that any person would have all of those gifts.  All believers have at least one.  How many have more than one I have no clue.

4 hours ago, FJK said:

I've known people like that, they seem to work very hard to earn those gifts.

Oops.  Gifts, by definition, cannot be earned.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Oops.  Gifts, by definition, cannot be earned.  

Right, so beware of those teaching you to seek gifts by working hard to develop your spirituality by following them.

We have entered the age of deceit, it's everywhere and presenting itself as something to be desired.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I'm not sure how that could occur.  

It can occur for a number of reasons...

One is that the believer may be guided by his own self because he has not stop being himself...this is why Paul said to renew our minds and to strive towards a sound mind ....

Besides that which by reason of use the believer learns to tell the difference...this is telling us that the believer must go through this experience...to some extent and the other is that they are distorted spirits that seek to guide the believer in his ignorance making him believe that they the Holy Spirit...Jesus will let that happen so a believer can have this experience and is season and mature...

Paul in most of his instructions he knew what he was talking about because they were out of his experience...

He knew what it meant when he said "do not grieve the Holy Spirit " because the Lord let him experience that so he can be season and understand when that happens...

Another way it is that people have been push to imitate ruled by their own desires or even by not good teachings and they think because they read what Jesus said to his disciples it applies also to them because they are believers...while I understand the gift of the prayer of faith which I will never say anything against it...

The believer can see the scriptures of Jesus to his disciples and step out on their own ....

One misguided teaching is to try to imitate what they have witnessed or read in the scriptures...

When Peter healed the paralytic man at the gate of the Temple none of the other disciples dare to imitate him.

To him was given this healing power that even when his shadow fell on the sick lying down as he passed by they were healed. 

Jesus allowed that to happen at that time and the power was so strong upon him. 

But it was not like that all the time and it never happened again...

It was for the Lord's reasons to strengthen the faith of Peter to stand firm in Jesus...that was the time for him and not before the Cross..Jesus healed him that way....

The point is the others did not imitate him and they did not took it upon themselves...

Please take this with a grain or two of salt and do not be in a hurry to criticize but if you must do it with grace. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, FreeGrace said:

I'm not sure how that could occur.  If one isn't filled with the Spirit, the gift simply isn't active.

I view the fruit of the Spirit as the evidence of being filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18).  The fruit isn't about gifts.  It's for every believer, regardless of their gifting.

I doubt that any person would have all of those gifts.  All believers have at least one.  How many have more than one I have no clue.

Paul told Timothy not to neglect the gift he was given, and later instructed him to stir it up.

Obviously stewardship of gifts is important. I won't labour the point but I know people who have moved in the gifts of the Spirit for a season as required by the Lord and then He has instructed them to rest from their engagement.

Evan Roberts and the Welsh Revival is an example of the anointed season of spiritual fruit being followed by spiritual rest and reflection.

• Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

One is that the believer may be guided by his own self because he has not stop being himself...this is why Paul said to renew our minds and to strive towards a sound mind ....

Do you know what Paul meant by renewing our minds?

Besides that which by reason of use the believer learns to tell the difference...this is telling us that the believer must go through this experience...to some extent and the other is that they are distorted spirits that seek to guide the believer in his ignorance making him believe that they the Holy Spirit...Jesus will let that happen so a believer can have this experience and is season and mature...

I don't find Scripture pushing "experience".  I do find Scripture commanding believers and instructing believers.

2 Tkm 3:16 -  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Nothing here about experience.  Everything about being taught, being rebuked, being corrected and being trained in righteousness.

Paul in most of his instructions he knew what he was talking about because they were out of his experience...

Uh, no.  They were because he was personally taught by Jesus while 3 years in a desert.  He got the same training as the 11 disciples.  Again, not about experience.

He knew what it meant when he said "do not grieve the Holy Spirit " because the Lord let him experience that so he can be season and understand when that happens...

Every believer is capable of grieving the Spirit.  Do you know what that means?

One misguided teaching is to try to imitate what they have witnessed or read in the scriptures...

Then why did Paul tell believers to imitate him?

1 Cor 4:16 - Therefore I urge you to imitate me.

When Peter healed the paralytic man at the gate of the Temple none of the other disciples dare to imitate him.

[I goofed up the paragraph separater.  How do you know this?]

To him was given this healing power that even when his shadow fell on the sick lying down as he passed by they were healed.

He had a spiritual gift from the Holy Spirit.  This had nothing to do with experience.

Jesus allowed that to happen at that time and the power was so strong upon him. 

But it was not like that all the time and it never happened again...

How do you know that?

It was for the Lord's reasons to strengthen the faith of Peter to stand firm in Jesus...that was the time for him and not before the Cross..Jesus healed him that way....

The point is the others did not imitate him and they did not took it upon themselves...

Please take this with a grain or two of salt and do not be in a hurry to criticize but if you must do it with grace. 

Yes, I sure will take this "with a grain or two" of salt.  I'm not criticizing but asking questions.

@FreeGrace

I thought you changed a least a little bit...do yourself a favor and read the post a few times very carefully...because your responses are not relevant to the context of the presentation...

I posted exactly what it written in the book of Acts not departing from the facts in the text...and what is your response? Paul said this...Paul was not there and he has not read the what happened with Peter at the gate of the Temple and he does not know how the other disciples behave that they did not try to imitate Peter...they did not took it upon themselves selves to imitate Peter and do the same thing Peter did...I just mentioned that and stayed in the facts of the narrative...and what is your answer that Paul said imitate me.Paul was talking about another issue and the subject with Peter was about another issue and the other disciples did not took it upon themselves to imitate him and Peter did not told them to imitate him and he never encouraged them to do that..

As a matter of fact what happened with Peter that time is not recorded that happened again to him that when his shadow fell upon the sick the sick were healed without Peter's will or involvement....I only say that it is not recorded, I did not say that it did not happen again with Peter or with someone else...obviously I am not in a position to say that... 

And Paul when he did a miracle to heal the young man who fall from the window to whether he was dead or not I am not sure...this is not the moment when he say imitate me...not he did not say that...at that time and neither he said to others believers imitate me and cast out the demons the way I do...he never said that...the power was given to him...

Paul said everything has to be done in order...he said imitate me when I am humble and I  do not let anyone bow down to me and I do not Lord it over others...and I love the brethren and I am obedient to the Lord...that's how I show my love for Jesus..I keep my self clean ...Paul said imitate me on that and stay humble and forgive...

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@FreeGrace

I thought you changed a least a little bit...do yourself a favor and read the post a few times very carefully...because your responses are not relevant to the context of the presentation...

I read every post carefully before responding.

And Paul when he did a miracle to heal the young man who fall from the window to whether he was dead or not I am not sure...this is not the moment when he say imitate me...not he did not say that...at that time and neither he said to others believers imitate me and cast out the demons the way I do...he never said that...the power was given to him...

I never said Paul's raising to life (the Bible says he was DEAD) poor young Eutychus was accompanied by Paul saying "imitate me".  Why do you think I did?  

Don't you take your own advise and read carefully before responding?

Paul said everything has to be done in order...he said imitate me when I am humble and I  do not let anyone bow down to me and I do not Lord it over others...and I love the brethren and I am obedient to the Lord...that's how I show my love for Jesus..I keep my self clean ...Paul said imitate me on that and stay humble and forgive...

When Paul said "imitate me" he was obviously referring to a life of faithfullness and service.