• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

A few thoughts about the angels of the apocalypse who attend the Divine Judgment of the last days.

Singular: The word ANGEL is mentioned 53 times in the Book of Revelation, aka the Apocalypse

Plural: The word ANGELS is mentioned 23 times.

One particular group stands out following the opening of the 7th Seal.

image.png.728108b6a72bb5beb8c842266ca96930.png

image.png.ab2986efa211808d4ef50351c46f0326.png

There is actually a so-called "power metal" musical arrangement called "Angels Of THe Apocalypse". 

Link

Quote:

Composed by David Gillingham. Score. Duration 7:45. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.20241).

Item Number: CN.20241

Angels of the Apocalypse was inspired by the Biblical book of Revelation. The work begins with the opening of the Seventh Seal with trumpets being given to seven angels. One of the angels has a golden censer and offers prayers of the saints at the altar and then takes fire from the altar, puts it in the censer and throws it down to the earth causing thunder, lightning and earthquakes. Six sections follow, each representing the first six angels.

• The first angel blows the trumpet that brings about hail and fire.
  • A trumpet call by the second angel produces a mountain of fire thrown to the earth and one third of the oceans and water on earth become blood.
  • Following a trumpet call by the third angel, the star, Wormwood, poisons all the waters.
  • The angel blowing the fourth trumpet causes one third of the sun, moon and starts to be smitten.
  • The trumpet call of the fifth angel releases locusts from the bottomless pit to kill those who are without God's seal and
  • the sixth angel's trumpet summons four angels from the Euphrates river to slay one third of the people on earth.
  • A rainbow forms over the earth and the seventh angel blows a trumpet: Voices praise God, saying that all the kingdoms of the world are His ("Hymn of the Angels").

I am of the opinion that the star fallen to earth after the sounding of the 5th Trumpet is also the angel mentioned in Rev 20:1 who opens the bottomless pit (Gr. abussos, RV. abyss), and having seized Satan the Dragon, binds him with the great chain, and casts him in before sealing it shut for a thousand years.  

Rev 9:1-3  Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.  (2)  And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.  (3)  Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Rev 20:1-3  Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  (2)  He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;  (3)  and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

A few thoughts about the angels of the apocalypse who attend the Divine Judgment of the last days.

Singular: The word ANGEL is mentioned 53 times in the Book of Revelation, aka the Apocalypse

Plural: The word ANGELS is mentioned 23 times.

One particular group stands out following the opening of the 7th Seal.

image.png.728108b6a72bb5beb8c842266ca96930.png

image.png.ab2986efa211808d4ef50351c46f0326.png

There is actually a so-called "power metal" musical arrangement called "Angels Of THe Apocalypse". 

Link

Quote:

Composed by David Gillingham. Score. Duration 7:45. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.20241).

Item Number: CN.20241

Angels of the Apocalypse was inspired by the Biblical book of Revelation. The work begins with the opening of the Seventh Seal with trumpets being given to seven angels. One of the angels has a golden censer and offers prayers of the saints at the altar and then takes fire from the altar, puts it in the censer and throws it down to the earth causing thunder, lightning and earthquakes. Six sections follow, each representing the first six angels.

• The first angel blows the trumpet that brings about hail and fire.
  • A trumpet call by the second angel produces a mountain of fire thrown to the earth and one third of the oceans and water on earth become blood.
  • Following a trumpet call by the third angel, the star, Wormwood, poisons all the waters.
  • The angel blowing the fourth trumpet causes one third of the sun, moon and starts to be smitten.
  • The trumpet call of the fifth angel releases locusts from the bottomless pit to kill those who are without God's seal and
  • the sixth angel's trumpet summons four angels from the Euphrates river to slay one third of the people on earth.
  • A rainbow forms over the earth and the seventh angel blows a trumpet: Voices praise God, saying that all the kingdoms of the world are His ("Hymn of the Angels").

I am of the opinion that the star fallen to earth after the sounding of the 5th Trumpet is also the angel mentioned in Rev 20:1 who opens the bottomless pit (Gr. abussos, RV. abyss), and having seized Satan the Dragon, binds him with the great chain, and casts him in before sealing it shut for a thousand years.  

Rev 9:1-3  Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.  (2)  And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.  (3)  Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Rev 20:1-3  Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  (2)  He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;  (3)  and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

What judgment are you referring to? I don't know what your point is. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

snip -

• The trumpet call of the fifth angel releases locusts from the bottomless pit to kill those who are without God's seal

This one popped out like a sore thumb.  Here, read Revelation 9:1-6 and discover why ...

9 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the [a]bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. 3 Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6 In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

Perhaps a little more studying would benefit your theology?

Edited by OneLight

56 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Perhaps a little more studying would benefit your theology?

I noticed that supposed error too, in the quoted blurb from the link regarding the musical arrangement titled "Angels of the Apocalypse".

Since it is an outsourced quote it is NOT MY THEOLOGY and not my problem, but props to you for picking up on it yourself even if you got the authorship wrong, Onelight.

I let it go because it seems to me the demon-locusts are involved in the killing of mankind after the 6th Trumpet sounds.

Rev 9:7-10  The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.  (8)  They had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.  (9)  And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle.  (10)  They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months.

Rev 9:16-19  Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.  (17)  And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone.  (18)  By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.  (19)  For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm.

Michael37

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What judgment are you referring to? I don't know what your point is. 

Hi missmuffet, 

If you were not aware that the Book of Revelation or Apocalypse is God's disclosure of His final Judgment upon fallen Creation you would indeed miss the point of this thread.

To further your knowledge and provide a critique of their work see this person's thesis at this link: Divine Judgment In The Book Of Revelation

DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION by James E. Shipp

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1 INTRODUCTION: John's Apocalypse in a New Age

2 DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES: Final Judgment in the Old Testament. The Case for Individual Judgment. The Ultimate Punishment.

3 DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: The Apostles on Divine Judgment.

4 REVELATION AS PARABOLIC LITERATURE: The Difference.

5 REMEDIAL JUDGMENT IN REVELATION: The Seven Seals. The Seven Trumpets. The Seven Last Plagues. A Point of Decision.

6 ANNIHILATION IN THE APOCALYPSE: Annihilation as Contrast. The Seventh Trumpet. Three Angels. The Earth's Harvest. The Seventh Plague. Judgment on Babylon. The Divine Warrior. The Last Battle. Great White Throne Judgment. The Throne Declaration. Last Words about Annihilation.

7 JUDGMENT THEOLOGY IN THE APOCALYPSE; JUSTICE, MERCY AND VENGEANCE: Judgment--A Divine Act. The Basis of God's Judgment. The Way God Executes Judgment. Individual and Community. "Going to Heaven". 

8 LITERARY STRUCTURE OF JUDGMENT PARABLES IN REVELATION: A Linear View. Seven Seals. Seven Trumpets. Seven Bowls of Plagues. The Genius of the Forward Look.

CONCLUSION. ENDNOTES. BIBLIOGRAPHY.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi missmuffet, 

If you were not aware that the Book of Revelation or Apocalypse is God's disclosure of His final Judgment upon fallen Creation you would indeed miss the point of this thread.

To further your knowledge and provide a critique of their work see this person's thesis at this link: Divine Judgment In The Book Of Revelation

DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION by James E. Shipp

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1 INTRODUCTION: John's Apocalypse in a New Age

2 DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES: Final Judgment in the Old Testament. The Case for Individual Judgment. The Ultimate Punishment.

3 DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: The Apostles on Divine Judgment.

4 REVELATION AS PARABOLIC LITERATURE: The Difference.

5 REMEDIAL JUDGMENT IN REVELATION: The Seven Seals. The Seven Trumpets. The Seven Last Plagues. A Point of Decision.

6 ANNIHILATION IN THE APOCALYPSE: Annihilation as Contrast. The Seventh Trumpet. Three Angels. The Earth's Harvest. The Seventh Plague. Judgment on Babylon. The Divine Warrior. The Last Battle. Great White Throne Judgment. The Throne Declaration. Last Words about Annihilation.

7 JUDGMENT THEOLOGY IN THE APOCALYPSE; JUSTICE, MERCY AND VENGEANCE: Judgment--A Divine Act. The Basis of God's Judgment. The Way God Executes Judgment. Individual and Community. "Going to Heaven". 

8 LITERARY STRUCTURE OF JUDGMENT PARABLES IN REVELATION: A Linear View. Seven Seals. Seven Trumpets. Seven Bowls of Plagues. The Genius of the Forward Look.

CONCLUSION. ENDNOTES. BIBLIOGRAPHY.

I have studied the book of Revelation. The Great White Throne judgment? Perhaps you have a different view of 7 year tribulation than what the Bible tells me. Your post makes no sense to me. 

A small taste of DIVINE JUDGMENT IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION by James E. Shipp

Quote: We shall attempt to show that two strains of divine judgment dominate the book of Revelation: remedial judgment, and the execution of final judgment. We will define remedial judgment as those acts by God that punish evildoers but allow for evildoers to repent and change to favored status. Final judgment is that judgment which is essentially a declaration of status, followed by bestowal of either eternal reward or annihilation. We aim to show that Revelation, pattered after other apocalyptic literature, is symbolic in nature, but we will stop far short of allegorizing John's visions.

Of course remedial judgment is only remedial for those who repent, and the angels of the apocalypse go about their duties regardless of whether their actions are for the purpose of remedial or final judgment by God. 

Abyss Duty:

Instructions to Key Holder:

• Once 5th Trumpet has sounded give Abyss Key to designated fallen angel.
  • Stand by until Abyss Key has been used by fallen angel and then reclaim it before resuming assigned station with Abyss status as "Open".

(Rev 9:1) Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the abyss.
(Rev 9:2)
 And he opened the abyss, and smoke arose out of the abyss like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the abyss.

• The 7 seals being opened, 7 trumpets sounded, and 7 bowls poured out, once metaphorical Babylon has fallen and the beast and false prophet are in the Lake of Fire, take the Abyss Key and Binding Chain and use them to bind Satan and seal him in the Abyss for a thousand years.
  • Whilst Abyss status is "Closed" keep Abyss Key safe for duration of Millenium Reign then use to open Abyss in order to release Satan for limited time.

(Rev 20:1) Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
(Rev 20:2)
 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(Rev 20:3) and he cast him into the abyss, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Michael37

General Disclosure Duty:

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified (Gr. sēmainō) it by His angel to His servant John,

Strong G4591sēmainō
σημαίνω
sēmainō
say-mah'ee-no
From σῆμα sēma (a mark; of uncertain derivation); to indicate: - signify.
Total KJV occurrences: 6

Rev 22:6  Then he said to me, "These words are faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show (Gr. deiknuōHis servants the things which must shortly take place.

Strong G1166
δεικνύω
deiknuō
dike-noo'-o
A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show (literally or figuratively): - shew.
Total KJV occurrences: 31

Rev 22:16  "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify (Gr, martureō) to you these things in the ekklesias. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

Strong G3140
μαρτυρέω
martureō
mar-too-reh'-o
From G3144; to be a witness, that is, testify (literally or figuratively): - charge, give [evidence], bear record, have (obtain, of) good (honest) report, be well reported of, testify, give (have) testimony, (be, bear, give, obtain) witness.
Total KJV occurrences: 79