• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

19 hours ago, WordSword said:

The word "justified" has two meanings: to make one righteous (which only Jesus can do); or to show one is righteous. Thus, here in James is "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified" (Jas 2:24), i.e. you see how by works your faith is shown.

I still am not picking up what you’re laying down when you said that the”entire law” given only to Israel is removed. 

4 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

I still am not picking up what you’re laying down when you said that the”entire law” given only to Israel is removed. 

Then there is a lot of explaining to do here: (Heb 10:9; also 7:18, 19; 8:7, 8; 2Co 3:11; Eph 2:15; Col 2:14; Gal 3:24, 25).

• Group:  Advanced Member

On 12/5/2022 at 9:30 PM, WordSword said:

Then there is a lot of explaining to do here: (Heb 10:9; also 7:18, 19; 8:7, 8; 2Co 3:11; Eph 2:15; Col 2:14; Gal 3:24, 25).

You and I will never agree if you think that obedience to the law is what justified Israel of their sin. First of all, there was no word in Hebrew for obey. They were commanded to shema and shamar. Those words mean to listen intently and guard what they had heard. Secondly, the ascent approach was not an appeasement. The pagans brought "sacrifices" that would supposedly appease their gods. Israel was to be set apart from the pagans. They were to look forward to the day when He would sacrifice Himself for justification and reconciliation to Himself. It was in faith they would do as they were told, but the performance was not what justified them. It was faith.

Now, I have yet to see clearly why you stated that the "entire law" given "only to Israel" was "removed". If you can't explain it, then you should probably refrain from saying it. I have concisely explained why I disagree with some of the other things you brought up in response to my initial question about the law being removed. You don't seem to disagree with any of that.

10 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

You and I will never agree if you think that obedience to the law is what justified Israel of their sin. 

What justified (established forgiveness) Israel was the priestly sin sacrifices, same for justification today, the High Priest sacrifice of Himself-Jesus (Num 15:25); you can't have justification without forgiveness, which must come first.

10 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

Now, I have yet to see clearly why you stated that the "entire law" given "only to Israel" was "removed". 

Let's start with Ro 10:9: "He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second." The Old Covenant was removed to being in the New Covenant.

Heb 8:7 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second." God did not intend the first covenant to be permanent, like the second is.

You can view the rest of the Scriptures from this list I gave you.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/8/2022 at 6:50 AM, WordSword said:

What justified (established forgiveness) Israel was the priestly sin sacrifices, same for justification today, the High Priest sacrifice of Himself-Jesus (Num 15:25); you can't have justification without forgiveness, which must come first.

Let's start with Ro 10:9: "He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second." The Old Covenant was removed to being in the New Covenant.

Heb 8:7 "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second." God did not intend the first covenant to be permanent, like the second is.

You can view the rest of the Scriptures from this list I gave you.

Brother, you have a misunderstanding of the olah korban. Hebrews 10:4 states that the blood of bulls and goats could never take away sin. The olah korban was/is/always will be by way of the faith of Yeshua. The olah korban is an ascent approach by way of the faith of Yeshua.

Shalom

1 hour ago, NickyLouse said:

Brother, you have a misunderstanding of the olah korban. Hebrews 10:4 states that the blood of bulls and goats could never take away sin. The olah korban was/is/always will be by way of the faith of Yeshua. The olah korban is an ascent approach by way of the faith of Yeshua.

Shalom

Anything in relation to the Law of Moses establishes guilt on a man, because he can't keep it the way it's suppose to be kept; hence the need for deliverance from the Law.

"The Law is not of faith" (Gal 3:12), because it doesn't need faith to obey. It proves man guilty and "kills" him (2Co 3:6), thus requiring a Savior.

The law does not consist of faith in Christ, nor does it require it, and that a man should live by it upon his righteousness; it is the Gospel that reveals the righteousness of Christ, and directs and encourages men to believe in Him and be saved; nor does the law take any notice of a man's faith. -John Gill

19 minutes ago, WordSword said:

Anything in relation to the Law of Moses establishes guilt on a man, because he can't keep it the way it's suppose to be kept; hence the need for deliverance from the Law.

"The Law is not of faith" (Gal 3:12), because it doesn't need faith to obey. It proves man guilty and "kills" him (2Co 3:6), thus requiring a Savior.

The law does not consist of faith in Christ, nor does it require it, and that a man should live by it upon his righteousness; it is the Gospel that reveals the righteousness of Christ, and directs and encourages men to believe in Him and be saved; nor does the law take any notice of a man's faith. -John Gill

John Gill is wrong. Many people believe that Galatians is talking about the entirety of the OT. The reality is that there were certain Judaizers who had been teaching the Gentiles of Galatia that they must be circumcised before they can be justified. Paul refuted that notion and wrote to the Galatians. In English translations, the word saved is unfortunate because we lump all aspects of salvation into that term.

As for 2Cor3, Jesus addressed the letter of the instructions by making it replete. For example, He said that you may not commit adultery in the flesh, but if you do so in your heart it is the same.

Edited by NickyLouse

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 12/2/2022 at 7:45 PM, WordSword said:

I'm happy you asked. He is the one who gleaned all of the Plymouth Brethren writings (circa 1600-1900) from England. They are centered in spiritual growth and are unique and fundamental Bible doctrines.

Miles J Stanford put together a daily devotional which contains the base teachings of these spiritual doctrines I share (Non But The Hungry Heart book).

You're the first one in years that realized the significance of that signature. It's refreshing to encounter another on that understands how this works. Christ can be mimicked but not duplicated because only He can do what He does, and He does it using us, like a glove in the hand. He the hand and we the glove. All through the Holy Spirit of course because He is in heaven with His Father and God.

Sample of this devotional for today 12-2

“The believer, having received ‘the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus,’ comes under the influence of the ‘law’ of that Spirit (Rom. 8:2). The operating principle of ‘the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus’ ever works in the direction of profound self-judgment, and of the consciousness that we have in the Lord Jesus not only righteousness, but a divine Source of satisfaction and strength.

“This ‘law’ operates not to give a sense of claim (law), but of divine gift (grace) and resource and support. And thus it makes the one in whom it operates free from ‘the law of sin and death.’ It gives the consciousness that divine goodness is an unfailing resource for our hearts, and that all the treasures of that goodness are stored up in Christ Jesus, that we may learn them there, and find the life of our spirits in the growing knowledge of Him.” -C.A.C.

http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/

God's blessings to your Family!

Just saw your reply - a brother I'm close to frequently quotes things from "None but the Hungry Heart"!

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Just saw your reply - a brother I'm close to frequently quotes things from "None but the Hungry Heart"!

That is a devotional like none other, but it's so advance many do not catch on to it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I do not know who this person is, but it is this sort of Truth, that the Lord brought to me when I was barely born again and I am forever thankful.