IGNORED

First Resurrection, is it of Time Place or Rank?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

"Martha replied, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Jesus says there is a resurrection of saints at the last day.

Morning Diaste

Does Jesus say there is a resurrection of SAINTS at the last day, ever, anywhere?

I understand there is a resurrection  of the JUST and the UNJUST but not of the saints.  But there would NEED to be a resurrection of the just and the unjust because 'the dead in Christ' won't know for 1000 years whether they fall on the one side or the other.  

John 11:24 Martha saith unto Him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

but Jesus doesn't confirm that AT ALL.  Jesus instead says THREE very important and distinctly different things.  

The first one is HE IS  the resurrection and the life, which doesn't require 'any special day' 

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:

he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live

THEN he speaks of those ALREADY in the GRAVES who ARE DEAD, having died under the law AND who very shortly once He has 'LOOSED THE BONDS OF  DEATH' WITH HIS RESURRECTION, we will 'see their graves opened and be told HE leads the captivity captive'.  

AND the THIRD thing we are told is if we are still among the living AFTER His death and resurrection, and we believe in HIM, WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER DIE.  We will be 'passing through death unto life'.  Which, incidentally,  is the ONLY WAY to not 'see corruption' of the body.  We all know the second an earth body dies, it starts to decay, and if immortality doesn't come from decay, then we would HAVE to receive our spiritual body instantly and be raised in glory.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.

Believest thou this?

I am like a dog with a bone.  How long has it been?  Ever since I first realized it was IMPOSSIBLE to have received salvation and been 'made alive' to then be DEAD in CHRIST.  The two are mortal enemies, pun intended. 

NO, the 'dead in Christ are those who died not having received the gift.  When they rise NO ONE KNOWS whether they are just or they are unjust because they have to wait until THE GWTJ to find out if their name is written in the book of life or not.  

WE COME by FAITH.  There will be NO FAITH during the Lords Day because the UNSEEN world has become the SEEN world.  So there is no crossing lines.  

That is why the DEAD LIVED   'NOT'  until the 1000 years were finished. I also believe that verse has a double meaning meaning those that HELL and the sea 'deliver up' are the dead who DON'T RISE with the Just and the UNjust because they HAVE CHOSEN AND THEY CHOSE DEATH and death is what they shall be receiving.
That would include those who TASTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT and then walked away who do not get to 'crucify' Christ again for their salvation.  Also the fallen angels locked up in chains.  They are not just or unjust they are condemned already.

Believest thou this?  AND if not why not? 

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

MADE ALIVE IN CHRIST.  

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

13 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

Once, after the Second Coming, the saints are resurrected and taken to heaven. 

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 King James Version

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then the wicked after the thousand years..

Here is your comment
Once, after the Second Coming, the saints are resurrected and taken to heaven. 

WHEN JESUS rose from the dead, the SAINTS rose with His dead body as prophesized.  The graves were opened and the captivity led captive NO LONGER bound to death by SIN.  Jesus did what the law could not do.  RENDER FORGIVENESS.  That is why He descended.  

AFTER the second coming where is it written 'SAINTS' are resurrected?

ARE SAINTS 'dead or alive'?  Remember Christ said if you believe in HIM you will never die?  Do you believe that?  If you do then HOW CAN a SAINT be DEAD anywhere? 

And why would they go to heaven when CHRIST is coming here to rule and reign?  

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

Rev 20

"The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete."

anazaó: to live again
Definition: to live again
Usage: I come to life again, revive, regain life.

This word is used of those physically dead and then the flesh being reanimated. It's also a term that's used figuratively as in a return to a lifestyle. It doesn't signify a spiritual condition. There are several very good arguments by Paul for what is and isn't spiritual life in Christ and what is and isn't spiritual death apart from Christ; 'anazao' isn't used in any of them, as far as I know. 

Ok.  I will go look that up.  I have never checked out those differences but am very willing to.  I don't suppose you know them off hand, I would like to know which ones you are specifically thinking of so I don't miss them by going off in my own direction.  

The rest of the dead not lived again until shall have been completed the thousand years

2198. zaó 
Strong's Concordance
zaó: to live
Original Word: ζάω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: zaó
Phonetic Spelling: (dzah'-o)
Definition: to live
Usage: I live, am alive.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 2198 záō – to live, experience God's gift of life.

Meyer at the passage equivalent to to be no longer dead, to recover life, be restored to life: Matthew 9:18; Acts 9:41; so of Jesus risen from the dead, Mark 16:11; Luke 24:5, 23; Acts 1:3; Acts 25:19; Romans 6:10; 2 Corinthians 13:4; opposed to νεκρός, Revelation 1:18; Revelation 2:8; ἔζησεν came to life, lived again, Romans 14:9 G L T Tr WH (opposed to ἀπέθανε); Revelation 13:14; Revelation 20:4, 5 (Rec. ἀνέζησεν) (Ezekiel 37:9f; on the aorist as marking entrance upon a state see βασιλεύω, at the end); ζῆν ἐκ νεκρῶν, tropically, out of moral death to enter upon a new life, dedicated and acceptable to God, Romans 6:13; (similarly in Luke 15:32 T Tr WH). equivalent to not to be mortal, Hebrews 7:8 (where ἄνθρωποι ἀποθνῄσκοντες dying men i. e. whose lot it is to die, are opposed to ὁ ζῶν).

THOSE are very different meanings indeed.  What are you using for references, If I may ask?  

Edited by DeighAnn
add

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

These Jews (God’s chosen people) will be allowed to enter the millennium, and most will live in their physical bodies for most, if not all, the 1,000 years. With that longevity, the earth’s population will quickly recover.

Hey there, Dennis …. My thoughts on this section that you posted are that in the Millennium, everyone, the good and the bad, will have been changed into their spiritual bodies.  When does the Millennium begin?  These thousand years begin when Jesus Christ returns at the 7th trump with His Saints who, by the way, have just gone through the First Resurrection.  

There won’t be an increase in population because there is no marriage or births in the Millennium.

"For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

- Mark 12:25 

• Brilliant! 1

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God

wouldn't THESE DEAD BE THE NATIONS WHO we have been ruling over for 1000 years who EITHER find their name in the book of life  (the just) or find themselves in the lake of fire (unjust).  

IF THEY AREN'T THEN WHEN ARE THE NATIONS JUDGED?

and so I SUGGEST these are THE DEAD IN CHRST that we reign over for the 1000 years.

IN JUST A COUPLE OF WORDS WE ARE GOING TO SEE "sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them"

the DEAD who didn't resurrect in the resurrection of the just and unjust BUT remain dead dead until 2nd death of both body and soul 

AGAIN, WHERE DID THE DEAD STANDING BEFORE GOD COME FROM when they clearly didn't come from death and hell at that time?

the resurrection of the just and unjust who have not received their immortality 'LIFE' but remain dead until their name is found in the book of LIFE.
and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

47 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

AFTER the second coming where is it written 'SAINTS' are resurrected?

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.  - 1 Corinthians 15:20-23 

1 minute ago, Selah7 said:

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.  - 1 Corinthians 15:20-23 

THE ALIVE AND REMAINING WHO ARE CHANGED, resurrect from mortal to immortal

1 minute ago, DeighAnn said:

THE ALIVE AND REMAINING WHO ARE CHANGED, resurrect from mortal to immortal

Is that a question?:)

2 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME ALL OF YOUR OBJECTIONS. 

IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM PRAYING FOR.  

I am TRULY aware of how MUCH HARDER it is to get rid of false doctrine than it is to learn in the first place and IF this needs to GET OUT OF MY HEAD, ALL I can think is the SOONER THE BETTER.  

But here is the problem, I can find nothing that conflicts and it leaves NO QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED.  It is exactly as I expect all of Gods words are written.