• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Col 1

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Joh 6

70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

Isa 54

16 "Behold, I have created the blacksmith Who blows the coals in the fire, Who brings forth an instrument for his work; And I have created the spoiler to destroy.

Denise

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Of course He knew about it ahead of time- but that does not mean He caused it. I mean, He also knew we were going to be sinners before we were even born and yet He still created us. Why ? For His glory. It's all about Him 

Blessings to you,

Tim

See Tim...your last sentence is what I struggle with.

1. We are taught to be Christ-like but if what you say is true, God is all about himself. His glory. "Its all about him'' as you say. If we were to be like that, we would be labeled as selfish and narcassistic instead of Christ-like.

2. He knew we would fall and many go to an ever lasting hell that he created. Yet, the reason we are told that we were created was for HIS pleasure. Seems a bit selfish to allow or risk that so you can have pleasure .

3. Finally, I'm not calling God a narcassist,sadistic or selfish. I can even except that it is merely one of those things that can't be explained. But I would think any mind that has givin this matter much thought would have these questions run through it. In truth, I have never heard a very good answer to these questions but I still want to be connected to God inspite of my ignorance of the matter.

I am not trying to dis God. Just trying to share trythful thoughts and believe me, I am desperately looking for solid reasonable answers.

I hope I can be forgivin for these thoughts. But God knows my thoughts anyway so why lie?

Dan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Col 1

16  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Joh 6

70  Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

Isa 54

16  "Behold, I have created the blacksmith Who blows the coals in the fire, Who brings forth an instrument for his work; And I have created the spoiler to destroy.

Denise

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Lord created everything to go where it is going. Everything is in it's place and on schedule.

Denise

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I do not agree with the notion that God created Satan for to do Evil.  God creates good and calamity, but he does not create moral evil.  God created an anointed the Cherub named Lucifer and Lucifer created Satan by rebelling, for

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

You say we choose our own path. We have the ability to do good or bad.

Judas didn't have that choice. Christ chose him just as He chose the other disciples. They were all sinners. What made Judas different?

Once Christ chose Judas, his fate was sealed. Whether he believed or not, he was still chosen to be the one to betray Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Here is my conclusion. Tell me what you think.

The most beautiful angel of all, Lucifer, (aka Satan) grew jealous because God told him His awesome plans of creating billions and billions of God-Beings (our eternal souls). The first two souls being Adam & Eve. Lucifer's pride got in the way and he and his other deceived angels tried to take out God. Well, obviously God being more powerful than Satan, Satan and his fallen angels (demons) were sent to a place that was created just for Satan and his demons.

Hi :rolleyes:

Basically, you make God sound like a passive reactor Who can't do anything until everyone else gets their act in order.

Hell was created for the devil and his angels, but the Bible says they were cast out of heaven, not that they were sent right to hell.

Satan came onto Earth and began to destroy God's perfect creation. The only way for Satan's plan to be able to carried out was to give man the ability to reason; to understand right and wrong. That's where the 'Tree of the Knowledge of Good n Evil' steps in. God told Adam & Eve NOT to eat of it, because once they did eat of it...they would die. They would become as we are today. God stuck the tree there hoping

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Judas didn't have that choice. Christ chose him just as He chose the other disciples. They were all sinners. What made Judas different?

Once Christ chose Judas, his fate was sealed. Whether he believed or not, he was still chosen to be the one to betray Christ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone goes to Hell its because they exclude themselves. They have already fallen. Salvation is a purely a gift.

It is certain that the scripture cannot be broken Psalm 41:9. Judas Iscariot did not want salvation. He did not want to be in Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ knew it and let Judas know he was on to him. He wanted the wages of unrighteousness and he did not repent of it.

The truth of the matter is that all of them would have fallen if it weren't for divine mercy.

All the Lord has to do it remove his hand and we nothing.

Luke 22:31-32 KJV

(31) And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

(32) But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Hmmm- well, maybe for the same reason He raised up Pharaoh; so His glory could be displayed ?  Just a thought anyway...

Hmmmm....good point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone goes to Hell its because they exclude themselves. They have already fallen. Salvation is a purely a gift.

It is certain that the scripture cannot be broken Psalm 41:9. Judas Iscariot did not want salvation. He did not want to be in Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ knew it and let Judas know he was on to him. He wanted the wages of unrighteousness and he did not repent of it.

The truth of the matter is that all of them would have fallen if it weren't for divine mercy.

All the Lord has to do it remove his hand and we nothing.

Luke 22:31-32 KJV

(31) And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

(32) But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My point is that Judas didn't choose to follow Christ. Christ chose him. He had to tag along whether wanted to or not.

When Judas found out what was going to happen to Christ, he repented of his actions. He may or may not have repented to God, but what he did with the silver coins tells us he knew what he did was wrong.