IGNORED

... for they would never crucified the Lord of Glory!

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom everyone,

i wanted to spend a few minutes discussing this particular passage ... 

It starts out with Paul saying it's all about Yeshua and His resurrection ...

1Co 2:2  For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

... and in this understanding of Him and Him crucified we understand true wisdom!

1Co 2:6  Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 

1Co 2:7  But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 

1Co 2:8  None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Now the secret and hidden wisdom ... is this understanding ... its' all about Him and Him who was crucified!  In this context, do we even begin to understand the Kingdom!

1Co 2:9  But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— 

1Co 2:10  these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 

1Co 2:11  For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God

1Co 2:13  And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. 

The Kingdom is coming ... and His Spirit teaches us these important truths, but it all begins with knowing Him and Him crucified!

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

@George

Satan knows God’s word better than anyone and is a master of perverting it as narrated at Jesus’ temptation.

The Old Testament Is The New Testament Concealed, The New Testament Is The Old Testament Revealed

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

I suspect this is why we have illusions, types, shadows, figures, and concealment in the Old Testament. God did not advertise to Satan His plan of redemption and Salvation.

Only a thought… Would you agree?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

If I may respond.

First, I think Satsn got wind of God’s intention for man to take dominion.

Secondly, this made him insane and added to his total corruption and madness knowing his destiny.

Thirdly, he was well aware of Isaiah’s portrayal of the suffering servant as Messiah and the Word.

Finally, his insanity and narcisism made it impossible to imagine the Word sacrificing Himself…and that last as determined by his maker. Satan is a tool. A weak, sick, judged tool who knows his destiny.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Alive said:

If I may respond.

First, I think Satsn got wind of God’s intention for man to take dominion.

Secondly, this made him insane and added to his total corruption and madness knowing his destiny.

Thirdly, he was well aware of Isaiah’s portrayal of the suffering servant as Messiah and the Word.

Finally, his insanity and narcisism made it impossible to imagine the Word sacrificing Himself…and that last as determined by his maker. Satan is a tool. A weak, sick, judged tool who knows his destiny.

Yes, I agree. Along with pride, I think Satan and his followers were jealous that humanity was created in the image of God, and it may partially be the reason they hate us so much? Precisely what an “imager” represents is a long debate.  

I think Genesis 3:15 could be a personal message and prophecy to Satan himself. He knew the bloodline in which the Messiah would come and did everything to prevent His coming. Thus, all the genocide attempts and failures to annihilate God’s chosen people and lineage. Not to mention the contamination of the human race (Genesis 6:1-4) if one holds that view.

I agree yet again. I suspect the “princes” addressed below are not human rulers but the evil princes and powers of the air. Had Satan known the plan of redemption and Salvation, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

No doubt Satan and his minions know their fate; even the lowly demons know their future. They will recognize the timing also:

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

I think Satan’s tactics are to prolong the inevitable, trying to alter just one word, one prophecy of God, to prove him a liar. Thus, trying to change his fate.

We are on a roll of agreement Alive. 😊

Yes….to the above, Dennis and I do hold that view.

I also am convinced that the enemy wished to see man thoroughly debased. One of the most precious types is the joining of a man and woman to become one and procreat. Christ and the Church. This is the reason for homosexuality and transgenderism and the like evils. The debasing and corruption of the most important imaging of all…IMO.

Look up the phrase “a man and a maid”. If not, I will post it soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are three things which are too wonderful for me, Four which I do not understand:

The way of an eagle in the sky, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the middle of the sea, And the way of a man with a maid.

(Proverbs 30:18-19 NAS95)

Edited by Alive

19 hours ago, Alive said:

Look up the phrase “a man and a maid”. If not, I will post it soon.

I have not had a cup of java yet and I am still not completely awake. I am trying to figure out the association? The commentaries I checked are pretty much in agreement, just worded differently.

30:18–20 A man is a strong, virile man (20:24), and the young woman is of marriageable age, presumably a virgin (Gen 24:43; Isa 7:14). If Prov 30:18–19 stand alone, the point might be that the progress of love is as marvelous and mysterious as the motion of the other three items. If verse 20 is connected to the saying, the interpretation is far different. The first three things leave no tracks. The man, like the adulteress who wipes her mouth, thinks fornication with the young woman leaves no trace. (The adulteress thinks sex is as casual and amoral as a meal.) However, in the end there are consequences (5:4; 14:12). These things are beyond Agur (Job 42:3; Ps 131:1), but God knows (Jer 32:17).

Stabnow, David K. “Proverbs.” Holman Illustrated Bible Commentary, edited by E. Ray Clendenen and Jeremy Royal Howard, Broadman & Holman, 2015, p. 680.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 5/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, Dennis1209 said:

I suspect this is why we have illusions, types, shadows, figures, and concealment in the Old Testament. God did not advertise to Satan His plan of redemption and Salvation.

Only a thought… Would you agree?

Absolutely.  It also helps explain why there are so many variations of the last days ... if His first coming was concealed only to be understood completely AFTER the fact, then we should expect the same for the 2nd coming and all that it entails!  Always be READY!

• Well Said! 1