Sower

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Considering God's desire for His children be, according to scripture. And what do we do to accomplish this goal.

Sort of a survey, with individual responses of your own personal beliefs that are most important to you.
Doesn't matter if someone already posted your priorities, just post your own to see what is important to us here.

Our real priorities we each believe we are called to do.

I ask my wife about this and I think she may have hit the biggie, as she said;   To glorify God
I agree. But how? 

Psalms 145 says; 
    The chief end of man is to glorify God by enjoying him forever.

The preacher or Solomon said;

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole
duty of man.

My personal;

To sow seed and share the good news.  (Great commission)

Assemble with like minded believers to study, worship, and edify, help and pray for each other.  (Forsake not assembling together)

Put what I have learned in scripture to use.     (To whom much is given much is required/ being a good steward.)

Help those in need the Lord brings my way..     (Pure religion, James 1:27 )

Try to be less overbearing and just be a nice person. (meek)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

The answer to the question 'What would God have us do?' is easy..:)-

Jesus said - "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )  

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The answer to the question 'What would God have us do?' is easy..:)-

Jesus said - "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )  

So, we believe in Jesus who is the one God sent.  For sure. We totally agree. Every believer does. Then what?
And if we believe on this sent one, Jesus, we seek His word to find out then what He, Jesus, desires of each of us. Today.
There is a multitude of opportunities in the word that we should all do, but we all do not have the same zeal,
or calling in areas that others excel at, that is close to their heart and they enjoy.
The purpose for this thread was to share what each here is good at, say teaching church children's bible study
as my wife does, or being part of local outreach helping widows and single moms, or sharing the good news,
church upkeep and keeping the grounds looking good, men's work days building class rooms etc.

Like where has God spoken to us that the spirit is leading to become involved in to serve.
In other words, what do you really enjoy serving at, where you feel God is calling you, however small it may appear.

"But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve,
and to give his life as a ransom for many.”  
Matthew 20:27--28

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,255
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Sower said:

Considering God's desire for His children be, according to scripture. And what do we do to accomplish this goal.

Sort of a survey, with individual responses of your own personal beliefs that are most important to you.
Doesn't matter if someone already posted your priorities, just post your own to see what is important to us here.

Hi Sower,

Good topic there. I would say `Worship the Lord and obey Him.` 

Worship - honour, praise, be thankful, appreciate, sing, speak, bow, kneel etc

Obey - Express God`s love, (mercy and grace) out to others in everyday life and relationships.

- Use your gifts in everyday life to serve others and build up the Body of Christ.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Sower said:

..we seek His word to find out then what He, Jesus, desires of each of us. Today.
There is a multitude of opportunities in the word that we should all do, but we all do not have the same zeal,
or calling in areas that others excel at, that is close to their heart and they enjoy..

Yes, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is preaching, then preach in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully" (Romans 12:6-8)
"..each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that" (1 Cor 7:7)

However let's not forget that monks and some nuns live secluded lives without getting involved with the world in order to work at getting closer to God.  

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Yes, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is preaching, then preach in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully" (Romans 12:6-8)
"..each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that" (1 Cor 7:7)

However let's not forget that monks and some nuns live secluded lives without getting involved with the world in order to work at getting closer to God.  

Nice post Mick, and you covered many of the opportunities available for us as described in scripture.
I guess I didn't make it clear, but what is your own calling, talent, gift God has given you to glorify Him?
What service do you specifically enjoy the most in your walk?
Thanks again for your posts.

1 minute ago, Sower said:

Nice post Mick, and you covered many of the opportunities available for us as described in scripture.
I guess I didn't make it clear, but what is your own calling, talent, gift God has given you to glorify Him?
What service do you specifically enjoy the most in your walk?
Thanks again for your posts.

My own calling is to spread the gospel on the internet and it's great fun, I've been doing it for 20 years and get good feedback from people..:)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I did that on a non believers site, for seven years....me glorifying God is all over that site!

You're lucky, I usually get kicked out of non-christian religious forums after just a few days..:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

14 hours ago, Sower said:

I ask my wife about this and I think she may have hit the biggie, as she said;   To glorify God
I agree. But how? 

Psalms 145 says; 
    The chief end of man is to glorify God by enjoying him forever.

The preacher or Solomon said;

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole
duty of man.

My personal;

To sow seed and share the good news.  (Great commission)

Assemble with like minded believers to study, worship, and edify, help and pray for each other.  (Forsake not assembling together)

Put what I have learned in scripture to use.     (To whom much is given much is required/ being a good steward.)

Help those in need the Lord brings my way..     (Pure religion, James 1:27 )

Try to be less overbearing and just be a nice person. (meek)

What I believe God would have us to do is listed below.

Luke 9:23 (KJV)
23  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Paul in the 1st chapter of Philippians stated that his earnest expectation and hope was to magnify Christ in his body. May this become every believer's desire and pursuit.

Gary