• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

The Russian Church, agrees against the westernizing of the Church under the rule of globalism 

Do you support globalism? With its promotion of lgbtq,  No male nor female anymore, Hormone blockers to our young children, abortion on demand, gay marriage, Etc? How many Children are murdered every day in western societies? Yet, we decry Putins war? The west, accepts abortion right up until birth. Is the Russian Church supposed to become martyrs to support those things?

I think your comments are sorely lacking in all the underlying issues.

Can we at least agree in prayer that God's will be done for the sake of all?

I am afraid that there are some logical fallacies here and straw man arguments.

Might even be an ad hominem statement as well. :D

Example: because I oppose Putins' war does not mean I support LGB etc and globalism. False equivalency implied.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

I am afraid that there are some logical fallacies here and straw man arguments.

Might even be an ad hominem statement as well. :D

Example: because I oppose Putins' war does not mean I support LGB etc and globalism. Fallse equivalency implied.

Really? Globalism is what Putin rejects. Should the Russian Church martyr itself to in support of it? 

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

The Apostles spoke of themselves as a Chosen priesthood

In Hebrews WE (the holy ones) are the Royal Priesthood. We were given the baton that Israel dropped.

• Well Said! 2

Just now, Anne2 said:

Really? Globalism is what Putin rejects. Should the Russian Church martyr itself to in support of it? 

Putin rejects everything except himself and his captivated nation. Captivated by falsehood and lies.

Just now, Justin Adams said:

WE (the holy ones) are the Royal Priesthood. We were given the baton that Israel dropped.

Israelites were not priests. That is a Rabbinic model of Israel being a priestly people.

16 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

Everything Changed with Christ. 

Yes, it changed. The carnal commandment no longer applied. The old was merely a pattern and Shadow.

16 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

We don't even need Preachers any more, we have the ability to seek and learn from God without any help.

Yes, I seen the thread many declaring no need to go to assemble as a Church even anymore. We are all our own priests.

Jude 1:11  Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Lets see cores model

1  Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:
2  And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:
3  And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

who were these? 

8  And Moses said unto Korah, Hear, I pray you, ye sons of Levi:
9  Seemeth it but a small thing unto you, that the God of Israel hath separated you from the congregation of Israel, to bring you near to himself to do the service of the tabernacle of the LORD, and to stand before the congregation to minister unto them?
10  And he hath brought thee near to him, and all thy brethren the sons of Levi with thee: and seek ye the priesthood also?

COPIED AND PASTED

The doctrine of the “priesthood of all believers” is a central theme throughout Martin Luther’s works which sparked reform in Catholicism and created the foundation for modern day Protestantism and its basis in political theory. Luther establishes this concept of the priesthood in his treatises that called for reform of the Catholic church.

Edited by Anne2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

26 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Take it up with Moses. God appears to have spoken to him to instruct for a pattern such a thing. The Historic Priesthood appears in like manner to operate. No different than many claim God spoke to them to operate for his purposes through him.

As has already been shared in this topic, every member of the Body of Christ is a priest, my friend. We are a royal priesthood of God and Christ, offering up spiritual sacrifices pleasing to the Father. The sons and daughters of God have no need for an intermediary of any kind; scripture, and not the traditions of men, informs us in this regard.

The scriptures are God-breathed and as such they are a higher authority than the patristics of Orthodoxy and the imprimatur of the Roman Catholic popes. My late mother was vehemently opposed to my evangelization and punished me for possessing a simple evangelical tract. She never read that Vulgate she kept enshrined in the house. As I wrote previously, it gathered dust. 

She was raised Roman Catholic. My mother did not believe that anyone could be saved by Jesus Christ alone and her contempt for Christians was openly voiced and displayed. Anyone who professed to be born again was a lunatic in her opinion. 

There is no relationship between the Aaronic priesthood and religious clergy; that priesthood perished when Christ was slain. The old was a shadow of the new. This is communicated to us in New Testament scripture, so I have to ask: why are you defending the religion of men? 

5 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

As has already been shared in this topic, every member of the Body of Christ is a priest, my friend. We are a royal priesthood of God and Christ, offering up spiritual sacrifices pleasing to the Father. The sons and daughters of God have no need for an intermediary of any kind; scripture, and not the traditions of men, informs us in this regard

3  And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

No Intermediary? Of any kind?

Oh yes there is.... Jesus Christ.

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

He mediates the new covenant......
Heb 8:6  But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The Levites....Served as well in the house of God

8  And Moses said unto Korah, Hear, I pray you, ye sons of Levi:
9  Seemeth it but a small thing unto you, that the God of Israel hath separated you from the congregation of Israel, to bring you near to himself to do the service of the tabernacle of the LORD, and to stand before the congregation to minister unto them?
10  And he hath brought thee near to him, and all thy brethren the sons of Levi with thee: and seek ye the priesthood also?

18 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

The scriptures are God-breathed and as such they are a higher authority than the patristics of Orthodoxy and the imprimatur of the Roman Catholic popes. My late mother was vehemently opposed to my evangelization and punished me for possessing a simple evangelical tract. She never read that Vulgate she kept enshrined in the house. As I wrote previously, it gathered dust. 

She was raised Roman Catholic. My mother did not believe that anyone could be saved by Jesus Christ alone and her contempt for Christians was openly voiced and displayed. Anyone who professed to be born again was a lunatic in her opinion. 

We can relate to one another our personal experiences. I have my own.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

As can be seen, there are numerous reasons to question the Catholic church, not that there aren't Catholic Christians because there are.

If a person is a true Catholic they believe THEY are the ONLY church. It is curious to me they participate in, condone and even facilitate ecumenical  activity, yet their belief is THEY are the CHURCH and no other with the POPE as God's main representative on earth.Essentially standing in God's place in great contrast to a protestant minister who makes no such unbiblical claim.

While they practice separation from protestants, the pope openly embraces hindu and other eastern religions as other ways to God. They speak from both sides of their mouth.

This isn't bashing, this is simply the truth about what's going on and why this so called 'church' is seen by many to be a key player in the end times one world apostate religion.

Many of those who were Catholic have been shunned completely by their families for marrying anyone but another Catholic. Same as the Jewish faith Catholicism is highly exclusionary of anyone who doesn't follow THEIR teachings and a sense of pride has developed in some of them who think they are in some ways superior to the rest of us because they think they are following the true way the true church- The Catholic church.

I can't support any organization who's religious tripe is so thick it prevents the effectiveness and reason the church is supposed to be here in the first place.

I go way back to the Roman beginnings of the Catholic church. Simply put, a religion was developed along the lines of Christianity that was used as a way to harness people and employ political tactics pushing agendas actually harmful to true believers ever since it's inception. Martyr after Christian martyr payed the price of their lives at the hands of evil popes who were after lands, territories and political power.

The present pope is a Jesuit. They are warriors who swear to destroy anything that comes against the Catholic church, including us if we get in the way.

• Thumbs Up 1