• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Sower said:

Catholics, Baptist, Charismatics or Jew or the non denominational etc., are lost if they have not trusted in Jesus Christ, by faith through Grace, and not by works!

Yep it's true of them all, even worthyites

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

We're in agreement, @Heaven_Bound. Two of my three sisters came to Jesus Christ: one of them was raised Catholic by our mother. The other is my youngest sister. 

Our father already belonged to the Lord. 

Over the years I've come into contact with followers of cults who call themselves Christians, though they are surely not. All of them have this in common: they preach a gospel of works, not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The cult that I had the most exposure to was the Seventh Day Adventist church; I learned quite a bit about the SDA organization by visiting one of their congregations and listening to them for a while.

Like the Catholic church, their apologists lurk like wolves seeking to snare the unwary and the vulnerable. They are particularly active on the internet.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Thanks for sharing that with us, brother. I have a form of shorthand to sum up the totality of RCC traditions:

Ominous Dominus. 

Ominous = bad

Dominus = Latin term meaning "ruler"

Fits! :thumbsup:

You had me going a minute there Marathoner. I thought you were giving a catholic  Latin mass response of the altar boys....:unsure:

I don't speak Latin, but I got it right away. And you nailed it. And you could add threatening, inauspicious, sinister  to the bad, according to the dictionary for Ominous.

Back when the catholic mass was said in Latin, here's some of the introductory phrases.

Dominus vobiscum   (the Lord (be) with you - said by priest )

Et cum spiritu tuo    ("And with your spirit." - said by us altar boys )

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

18 minutes ago, Sower said:

You had me going a minute there Marathoner. I thought you were giving a catholic  Latin mass response of the altar boys....:unsure:

I don't speak Latin, but I got it right away. And you nailed it. And you could add threatening, inauspicious, sinister  to the bad, according to the dictionary for Ominous.

Back when the catholic mass was said in Latin, here's some of the introductory phrases.

Dominus vobiscum   (the Lord (be) with you - said by priest )

Et cum spiritu tuo    ("And with your spirit." - said by us altar boys )

I didn't know that! We learn something new every day. :)

My mother had a Vulgate enshrined in the house... of course we moved around constantly but no matter where we ended up, that Catholic bible was enshrined by golly.

It gathered dust. :D

She never attended mass and by the time I was born, neither did my older sisters. Didn't matter, she still behaved like a good Catholic. She adored their pope.

My father laughed at the pope, so I have him to thank for the fun I poke at those dudes who wear fancy dresses. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

There's no such thing as "branches" of Christianity. There is one Lord, and one faith; there is only one name by which we are saved, and His name is Yeshua/Jesus the Christ, the Son of the living God. We who are in Christ are His Body upon this earth. His Body is the Church. 

There is no other. Christ is our Head, our Lord and our Savior... not the pope of Rome nor those patriarchs of Eastern Orthodoxy. Neither the pope nor those patriarchs are "representatives" of Jesus Christ on earth. We require no earthly mediator (human priest) for Christ Himself is our High Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. 

The errors of The Vatican and the Eastern Orthodoxy are too numerous to list here; the Roman Catholics have their celibate priesthood, popes, icons, traditions and the like, and the Orthodox have similar trappings. Both engage in idolatry. The veneration of Mary? Praying to men and women? The worship of icons? Far too many to list here, friends. 

Now, does this mean that the beloved of the Lord are not to be found in those religious charnel houses? Of course not. How many brothers and sisters who were raised Catholic (or Orthodox) have come to Jesus Christ? More than one beloved brother and sister on Worthy escaped the charnel house. :) 

Just as the beloved of the Lord are to be found lost in the darkness of this world! I was an agnostic before I came to Jesus Christ. Some were atheists, some were Jewish, others were Muslim or Buddhist. We come out of the world into His marvelous light. Praise the Lord! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Christ is our Head, our Lord and our Savior... not the pope of Rome nor those patriarchs of Eastern Orthodoxy. Neither the pope nor those patriarchs are "representatives" of Jesus Christ on earth. We require no earthly mediator (human priest) for Christ Himself is our High Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. 

default_thumbsup.gif.5a2a72a695ab14e59993f509370cc205.gif

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light....1 Peter 2:9

"The doctrine of the priesthood of all believers states that all believers in Christ share in his priestly status; therefore, there is no special class of people who mediate the knowledge, presence, and forgiveness of Christ to the rest of believers, and all believers have the right and authority to read, interpret, and apply the teachings of Scripture"

Summary

"In contrast to the beliefs of the medieval church, the Protestant doctrine of the priesthood of all believers holds that there is no longer a priestly class of people within God’s people, but that all believers share in Christ’s priestly status by virtue of their union with Christ. Although there was a select group of priests in the OT, who mediated the knowledge, presence, and forgiveness of God to the rest of Israel, Christ has come and fulfilled the priestly role through his life, death, and resurrection. Therefore, Christ was the final priestly mediator between God and his people, and Christians share in that role through him. This means that Christians are not dependent upon the priests within the church to interpret Scripture for them or affect God’s blessing of forgiveness for them; all Christians are equally priests through Christ and stand upon the same ground before the cross. This does not mean that we should do away with pastoral or ministerial authorities. While those authorities are a part of the way that God blesses his church with instruction in sound doctrine, those with churchly authority need the rest of the body just as much"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

3 minutes ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.5a2a72a695ab14e59993f509370cc205.gif

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light....1 Peter 2:9

"The doctrine of the priesthood of all believers states that all believers in Christ share in his priestly status; therefore, there is no special class of people who mediate the knowledge, presence, and forgiveness of Christ to the rest of believers, and all believers have the right and authority to read, interpret, and apply the teachings of Scripture"

Summary

"In contrast to the beliefs of the medieval church, the Protestant doctrine of the priesthood of all believers holds that there is no longer a priestly class of people within God’s people, but that all believers share in Christ’s priestly status by virtue of their union with Christ. Although there was a select group of priests in the OT, who mediated the knowledge, presence, and forgiveness of God to the rest of Israel, Christ has come and fulfilled the priestly role through his life, death, and resurrection. Therefore, Christ was the final priestly mediator between God and his people, and Christians share in that role through him. This means that Christians are not dependent upon the priests within the church to interpret Scripture for them or affect God’s blessing of forgiveness for them; all Christians are equally priests through Christ and stand upon the same ground before the cross. This does not mean that we should do away with pastoral or ministerial authorities. While those authorities are a part of the way that God blesses his church with instruction in sound doctrine, those with churchly authority need the rest of the body just as much"

Amen! 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Sower said:

Catholics, Baptist, Charismatics or Jew or the non denominational etc., are lost if they have not trusted in Jesus Christ, by faith through Grace, and not by works!

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Roman Road to Salvation...
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
     eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

"for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Not being baptized. Not confessing sin to a man. Not praying to Mary or statues.
Not born into a Baptist or Methodist or religious family. Nor any of man's traditions. It's Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. Amazing Grace!
Not the filthy works of man..

I love all catholics, as I have said before. Even the pope, as God commands me.
But I believe the catholic hierarchy is preaching false doctrine to its flock, and I will continue to tell any catholic the truth, regardless of the repercussions.

I thank God for that faithful old man that shared the gospel truth to me some forty plus years ago, and hope to meet/thank Him some day in Glory.
He didn't concern himself about hurting my feelings.  He was more concerned about my soul.             And I praise God for that.

I hope that you will never tell them not to believe in Jesus Christ. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Nobody has said anything yet about the WHOLE CATHOLIC Church. Those historic CATHOLICS which call themselves ORTHODOX.

So much bashing on other branches of his body. But then again, thats what we know of protestants sola scriptura isn't it? So many voices arguing about what scripture says. I love Catholics, as they are Christian just like you are. Be careful, lest you hypocritically judge.

Thank you for standing up for the truth...

We are taught that nothing can snatch the people out of Jesus hand. 

That includes prayers to Mary and the saints and a lot of other traditions in the Catholic and Orthodox churches...one of them is that we need to asked for the forgiveness of sins and confess them before we die, like seeking to have no any sin in us at time of death.

This is found also in many protestants traditions.

People are terrified of the thought of sudden death...

That should not be...our peace with God is in Jesus Christ...

If someone does not understand this and with faith in Jesus Christ wants to do additional things in ignorance or Just in case is not judged to condemnation even if he adds works on his list and fasting. 

Paul said they try to earn what already has been given to them, and this is the gift of righteousness by faith in Jesus Christ. His death and his resurrection. 

If the do not understand about having been justified in Jesus Christ when they first believe..Roman's 10: 9-10...their not understanding that it does not nullify their faith in Jesus Christ. 

They still believe in Jesus and By DEFAULT the gift of righteousness of Jesus Christ is bestowed upon them from God without asking and without a trial, what it matters is that they have the faith in their heart, even if it is a small faith that can barely can be seen by man, but it can be seen by the supreme judge of all Jesus Christ.  

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Mary, having a man betrothed [to her], and being nevertheless a virgin, by yielding obedience, become the cause of salvation, both to herself and the whole human race.

our Scapular...
...is a rich present brought down from Heaven by Our Lady herself. "Wear it devoutly and perseveringly", she says to each soul, "It is my garment. To be clothed in it means you secure eternal life."

It is a sign of our contract, of our covenant with Mary. She promised: "Whosoever dies clothed in this Scapular shall not suffer eternal fire." The condition for obtaining this promise is to wear the Scapular imposed by the priest devoutly and at all times.

Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy, Hail our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you we cry,
To thee do we send up our sighs,
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
so by her fervent intercession we may be delivered from present evils and from everlasting death.

Hail, holy Queen, mother of mercy, Hail our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you we cry,

Compare the above with Scripture. The above are current doctrines being taught to the laity, today.   As soon as you compare any doctrine to Scripture, you will immediately see the error. There  is nothing in Scripture that even hints there is a holy queen. Nor is there any Scripture that says she is our hope.

Our salvation and hope is in Jesus Christ alone, WITHOUT mary.

Isaiah 42:8
“I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Isaiah 43:10
Before Me no god was formed, and after Me none will come.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 44:6
“This is what the LORD says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Revelation 7:10
And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Ephesians 3:12
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1