IGNORED

I think I am buying a light phone II. I think this is my calling for now. As well as a Sky Angel Friends. From ATS Assistive Technologies.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Here is what I am missing out on by not having a 14 inch portable tv. I can't watch the weather channel and find out the weather via something that is not hooked up to the internet. 

I can't watch Veggietales or Mustard Pancakes through a free, digital one ear rabbit ear antenna. I can't watch local news stations and even be kept up to date with local news stations and local news which also report world news from time to time, I can't keep up with any news whatsoever at all without being hooked up to the internet without the 14 inch portable tv. Upsides to not having the 14 inch portable tv........,,,,,,, I can, For the time being, Walk up to the corner grocery store and buy a paper twice a week. 

I do not have to worry even about keeping a flash drive in my possession, which is one of few ways I store pictures which then tempts me to upload them to the internet and share them with you peo... Errrh, Uhmm, Strangers.

..............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can basically walk up to the corner grocery store and buy a paper to keep up to date twice a week, And {at least for now}, I can get rid of the flash drives which is the only place I have pictures stored,

And I can buy A Light Phone II, Which, DOES NOT, have a browser or a camera, either. I think I am returning the 14 inch portable tv...............

Edited by believeinHim

I am confused. I am worrying that this will not be possible to do anymore if they do not have a paper at the corner grocery store. My preference is consuming news as little as possible, And keeping up to date only once or twice a week. And being as disconnected as possible the rest of the time. 

I am confused about what to do. I think I might keep it, But just delete some older pictures off of my flash drives and get a Light Phone from here going forward. This is so confusing. Life is not this confusing. :( :( 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

What is your objective? Do you simply want a means to follow the news? A low-end smartphone and a no-contract monthly data plan is probably the easiest solution. There are "cheap" smartphones easily purchased for less than US $200 that will function perfectly well for probably 90% of what most people use them for, and no-contract data plans typically start around US $30/month. If this is too expensive then you can probably find a low-end tablet or laptop for the same price as a cheap smartphone and just use the WiFi option to browse news sites at any free WiFi hot-spot -- no data plan required.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

What are you trying to achieve?

Minimise your exposure to the internet or to save money.

If you have an internet contract use it untill it expires.

Use it to follow worthwhile christian web sites and blogs.

example reasonable faith, wintery knight, coldcasechristianity, creation.com.

Cheapest way to get news and wheather is by the radio.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:34 PM, Who me said:

Minimize internet exposure and save money. I can't do that here because the wifi is on day and night and is refusing being turned off at night. I can't get a cell phone as long as there is unlimited access to wifi. I do want a phone with a data plan, But I do not want a camera with the phone. I want a phone with a limited data plan, limited access to the internet, A small tv with a digital antenna, Basic cable, a landline, A Sky Angel Friends with two people programmed in to, and emergency, And a phone without a camera, And a limited data package. I can't do any of this really, But at the very least I would want the wifi turned off at night and it is not an option. I don't want a camera with a smart phone, either. I also want phone calls only as an only option of communication, And I do listen to the radio on my current flip phone, With FM station only. I would also like to be able to listen to AM. I do not want to have to sign in with a gmail account. I do not want a gmail account. I want to be able to sign in with a Protonmail .com account. I really want an Ubuntu phone, as well. 

Edited by believeinHim

• believeinHim changed the title to I think I am buying a light phone II. I think this is my calling for now. As well as a Sky Angel Friends. From ATS Assistive Technologies.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:34 PM, Who me said:

Minimize internet exposure and save money. I can't do that here because the wifi is on day and night and is refusing being turned off at night. I can't get a cell phone as long as there is unlimited access to wifi. I do want a phone with a data plan, But I do not want a camera with the phone. I want a phone with a limited data plan, limited access to the internet, A small tv with a digital antenna, Basic cable, a landline, A Sky Angel Friends with two people programmed in to, and emergency, And a phone without a camera, And a limited data package. I can't do any of this really, But at the very least I would want the wifi turned off at night and it is not an option. I don't want a camera with a smart phone, either. I also want phone calls only as an only option of communication, And I do listen to the radio on my current flip phone, With FM station only. I would also like to be able to listen to AM. I do not want to have to sign in with a gmail account. I do not want a gmail account. I want to be able to sign in with a Protonmail .com account. I really want an Ubuntu phone, as well. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Light Phone II seems like a really good choice! Thanks for mentioning it. I may pick one up myself. :-)

• Thumbs Up 1