• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Agreed and He Pronises so much more than a lifetime commitment, marriage to Him is for Eternity!!!

6 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

:emot-hug:being " single " is a HUGE blessing ... I left my husband at the age of 27 with my 4 children. He put me into hospital with several broken bones   and threats to kill me and disapear with the children . He had cheated on me within a year of marriage and had a child with the other woman , then cheated several times afterwith others ,hit me often and locked me into the house as he was convinced I would cheat on him ( projecting his guilt onto me )   He hated me going to church as he honestly believed if he gave money to " the church " that was all that was needed (poor man )  I have been single ever since and have had no wish to ever remarry even though I havent seen him since that day apart from the court for our divorce when he told the judge he just gave ea few back handers to keep me in line :24:.

He died several years ago from  what I was told ( he was 15 years older than me and my children found out via social media as he didnt want to keep in touch with them THANK YOU LORD )  but I still have no regrets about staying single :emot-highfive: So never worry about finding a partner you have the best partner in your life with Christ :emot-hug:

No offense to you but   I personally HATE  to hear people try to  equate these 2 together. A relationship with God and a human relationship are 2 different  entities  each with its own benefits. As far as I know, the   Bible never makes them  out to be the same.People need to stop trying to say 1 can replace the other. Some  people can live alone and be completely fulfilled  with their relatiopnship with God and theres nothing wrong with that. But people need to stop acting like you shouldnt want to be married because you have Jesus.

God is invisible, inaudible and intangible, so there are plenty of things in a marriage that you wont get from your relationship with God-  physical company, emotional support, sex etc and the bible in various verses speaks on the merits of these things.

Saying things like that can be very insensitive to people who want to get married because it makes it seem like they shouldnt want something the Bible says is good.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  543
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,139
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  243
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Sorry if you feel you are missing something but I can assure you I am not and a lot of abused people would feel the same way  as far as I can see neither of us suggested  people should " not want to get married "    it is all individual choice and just because some want something is not a reason for everyone to want the same thing 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,131
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

I'm not sure exactly how COVID has changed Gen z so far as dating is concerned. 

The ways people meet have probably changed a lot and will continue to change. Remember scouting girls in the mall men? Malls will soon be a thing of the past. How about the skating rink? I imagine many met in skating rinks. The school sweetheart that goes on to become the girlfriend who then goes on to become the wife. I have heard lots of those kinds of stories.

In a larger city it's probably easier. Lots of young people wandering around everywhere. It's interesting how it happens with the Amish here where I live. They have youth events where they have volleyball games and sometimes 'courtin' comes from that. The couple must be in an open buggy when they are courting. The english have similar closed community things usually through churches and not generally for the 25 plus crowd.

Back in my time we had a few drive in movie theaters. I guess movies are still an option AFTER you meet someone to ask. I have never attempted this because I never shopped until after I was married, but I would think grocery stores might be a nice option.  Don't compliment the melons she bought. nada. I don't recommend that.

I'm thinking women are often shopping more often than men are so the place is crawling with women.  This isn't like buying fruit though and I generally like to know something about a person before I would ever entertain asking them anything. No one wants to stumble into a very nice looking hornets nest. If you choose to poke the nest a little to see what flies out, I guess it's been done.

It might be interesting to see how others have met, but as I say, a lot of this has changed over time. People buy cars and rent houses over the web. I don't see the web as a lazy place to look either for a mate if you know where to look. There are interest groups all over- kayaking, hiking, sky diving. Maybe for some this might present an opportunity.

I have always heard though not to look for your double in another sex. Opposites attract for a reason because they can compliment one another. Two of you might be boring. To be clear, I said opposite not crazy. :D

• Haha 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,401
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

40 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

Sorry if you feel you are missing something but I can assure you I am not and a lot of abused people would feel the same way  as far as I can see neither of us suggested  people should " not want to get married "    it is all individual choice and just because some want something is not a reason for everyone to want the same thing 

As far as I have seen, no one warns others not to get married in this topic. I certainly haven't. What have I said?

If the will and purpose of the Lord is for someone to marry, then that will happen. It doesn't matter where and how a husband and wife meet. Those of us who aren't married have also shared our experience and even our reasons for remaining unattached, so there is a broad range shared in this topic. 

The OP asked for input, so there it is. Whether the OP agrees with what others share is irrelevant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

7 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

That's your belief, @creativemechanic. One cannot take exception to the position of others, claiming they are thrusting their view upon others, when the complainant is engaging in that very enterprise themselves.  

We get that you believe God lacks a voice and that's your affair. It defines your outlook. However, it would be best for you to refrain from judging others, disparaging their faith in the Lord, all because of your fixation upon this flesh. Not everyone believes as you do. 

You asked for input in the OP. You're receiving it. Is that not sufficient, or are you looking for answers which please you? 

You may want to reread what you just said.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,401
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

3 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

You may want to reread what you just said.

I did. 

You asked for input, my friend. You've getting that so I have to wonder: what, exactly, are you wanting in this topic? For others to agree with you, or to offer their input? I noticed how you misconstrued what I wrote earlier, and I paid it no mind; but in light of how you've misrepresented what another member wrote, this seems to be indicative of something you didn't lay out on the table from the start. 

I don't for a moment believe you intentionally misrepresented my initial contribution, which is the reason why I did reread what I wrote a few minutes ago and dispensed with it. It was off. 

There are some of us who are more than content with our relationship with Jesus Christ, and this isn't without precedent in the scriptures. We don't *need* to date anyone nor seek a wife (or husband). Is that difficult to understand? Perhaps it is for some. I get that. 

Like I wrote in my response to ladypeartree above I haven't attempted to persuade anyone else to do as I do, @creativemechanic. It seems like you're trying to do that, but of course I could be wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,131
  • Content Per Day:  9.63
  • Days Won:  149

23 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

If the will and purpose of the Lord is for someone to marry, then that will happen.

I think some of how this happens is a mystery. For me it never "happened" unless I made it happen.

This might be a misconception, or a social norm to think the man always makes the move because I have seen several bold women who might ask a man out on a date. If a woman had asked me I would have wondered if she was the domineering type and probably shied away from her but that's me. I have seem women find creative ways to be 'nice' on a man without being the one to do the asking. He will then know you like him....or not. Wanting to spend time together is probably one of the biggest flags something is going on.

And it's sad, but I have observed parents encourage a union by doing things like inviting the girl friend or boyfriend along with the family to the shore house or on a  family trip. In both cases I seen that the unions didn't take. I think parents should stay out of it and not give the boy (if they have a daughter) too much assurance about ANYTHING until the relationship has blossomed a bit. In my house he didn't get any slack until I thought he earned it, and I was veeeery skeptical of anyone dating my daughter. My 2nd father-in-law extended more grace to me which I never entirely understood because he didn't know me that well. He seemed to really respect me and I him. 

But yeah, I'm getting long winded again, but generally speaking it's usually the man that goes in for the hunt (sorry to put it that way) and if he doesn't give diligence to it he might not come away with anything. If a man isn't bold he had better develop some boldness quick. I don't think many women respect a wussy who has trouble talking. Get in there and go for it, ask. What's the worst that can happen? She says no. Ok. There are what like 10 million more opportunities out there?

If a man doesn't try he won't ever know and he will only have himself to blame if he wanted to get married and have a wife. For some men they might have to be relentless and get used to "no". Maybe a person just isn't marriage material, or maybe it requires a different way of thinking, like maybe asking questions from her perspective. What does SHE want in a relationship and am I a good fit for that?

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I did. 

You asked for input, my friend. You've getting that so I have to wonder: what, exactly, are you wanting in this topic? For others to agree with you, or to offer their input? I noticed how you misconstrued what I wrote earlier, and I paid it no mind; but in light of how you've misrepresented what another member wrote, this seems to be indicative of something you didn't lay out on the table from the start. 

I don't for a moment believe you intentionally misrepresented my initial contribution, which is the reason why I did reread what I wrote a few minutes ago and dispensed with it. It was off. 

There are some of us who are more than content with our relationship with Jesus Christ, and this isn't without precedent in the scriptures. We don't *need* to date anyone nor seek a wife (or husband). Is that difficult to understand? Perhaps it is for some. I get that. 

Like I wrote in my response to ladypeartree above I haven't attempted to persuade anyone else to do as I do, @creativemechanic. It seems like you're trying to do that, but of course I could be wrong. 

trust me. You really didnt.  You accused me of judging ,when all i did was express disagreement with a statememt people made.  You may want to reread and see if you werent the one doing the judging

actually creativemechanic  I did feel you were judging me and accusing me of trying to be mean  When you have to put " no offense "  in front of a statment it is normally because it can come across as offensive  

Edited by ladypeartree

Just so there is no lingering anamosity you can be sure I dont take offense unless I take a gate to go with it   :emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1