Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I think at least some of this depends on how one views the trinity. Jesus constantly referred to his "Father" and made it crystal clear He only followed what the Father said. Pre crucifixion He asked that the cup pass from Him but ultimately accepted the Father's will for Him. Jesus had a choice, but His choice was always to follow the Father and acknowledged the Father's headship over Him. It might be argued this was only temporary during the time He inhabited an aging human body. If He had not also been human He would not have had the capability to be crucified.

If we have three or four wills in the trinity, then we can have at least the potential ( in theory) for one to decide something different. I know there are those who will likely argue Jesus said, " I and my Father are one". I am not attempting to put any division between those two, they clearly are one in the collective Godhead. Made of the same stuff and function together, unlike the way humans are made though, God has at least three distinct components and can extend Himself through yet other beings when He desires it ( though these would not be God ). 

If God had been on earth at the time of Sodom, He would not have had a need to go to that city to survey what had been going on. We see God can be location specific. How does this add up when looking at His omnipresence? My belief is that He is omnipresent through the rest of His creation when He desires it. There was never a time when He didn't know what was going on.

When Adam and Eve sinned and were in the garden, when God came into the garden to look for them , do you think He wasn't aware of what had happened beforehand? When Abel was murdered, do you think God wasn't immediately aware of it? 

Though Lucifer was at almost the highest pinnacle of heaven with only God Himself being above him, must have been trusted like no other only to get pride in his heart and fall. While this example isn't the godhead, it shows God's created beings can fail Him. Even those at the highest places.

In my opinion, to say Jesus could not have ever failed is looking more at the Father than at a God/man who while on earth had weaknesses. 

I am so very glad Satan's plan had zero foothold, just as all of his other ultimate goals will end in failure.