• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Since taking on work with an architect that is a great blessing and answer to prayer I had not had the same time available to Worthy.

I am between projects now and have oodles of time, so have found mysef emersed in Worthyness.

I realized that it had become an important thing to me and I hope and pray pleasing to my Lord.

So for now---y'all have to put up with my many posts.

:-)

May God Bless all of you as I know He is.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Press on, brother. What do you have for us......  (Hows the new job?)

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

Press on, brother. What do you have for us......  (Hows the new job?)

The LOrd answered prayers in two direction multi-tasking.

I needed work that I could do from home as my shoulders are shot (so remodeling is difficult), so I got the latest version of my architectural design software and set my hands toward getting work doing drafting and such. A brother on the other side of the country has been looking for a suitably knowledgeable (experienced) user of the same software for two years. I found his seeking post on the software forum and reached out. Found out he is a brother and we have very similar backgrounds in the Lord with much in common. Both of our work needs are met and we ahve wonderful fellowship to boot.

Really one of those Gracious things the Lord does.

• Praise God! 2

1 hour ago, Alive said:

The LOrd answered prayers in two direction multi-tasking.

I needed work that I could do from home as my shoulders are shot (so remodeling is difficult), so I got the latest version of my architectural design software and set my hands toward getting work doing drafting and such. A brother on the other side of the country has been looking for a suitably knowledgeable (experienced) user of the same software for two years. I found his seeking post on the software forum and reached out. Found out he is a brother and we have very similar backgrounds in the Lord with much in common. Both of our work needs are met and we ahve wonderful fellowship to boot.

Really one of those Gracious things the Lord does.

It's really neat when things come together and you can see a little hope growing. And then the time on the knees in thanks...
(It's definitely a faith run business.....
default_cool2.gif.ba0c25b766045b3d49c2df64dfe05d89.gif )

My years in construction was always changed by the economy, when the economy is booming, people buy new home/commercial construction. When the economy is hurting, everybody 'remodels' what they have.  I tried the the office work doing bids/estimates  and lite drawings for potential customers for two years. Nine out of ten were only fishing and not serious about spending thousands of dollars. Much wasted/lost time.  I started smoking 2-3 packs of smokes, and a pot of coffee. Couldn't handle it, and put my tool pouch back on, and worked on site, rain or shine, and loved it.

God supplied work for me also now so that I can work at home these past 10+ yrs. But in my shop, fabricating commercial machine enclosures used in laboratories. One customer, professional, who sends a PO, I ship product, and send an invoice.  Am blessed beyond measure, and tell God daily.

Good to hear you found your niche and a brother to work with. God already had a plan for you...

• Praise God! 2

1 minute ago, Sower said:

It's really neat when things come together and you can see a little hope growing. And then the time on the knees in thanks...

My years in construction was always changed by the economy, when the economy is booming, people buy new home/commercial construction. When the economy is hurting, everybody 'remodels' what they have.  I tried the the office work doing bids/estimates  and lite drawings for potential customers for two years. Nine out of ten were only fishing and not serious about spending thousands of dollars. Much wasted/lost time.  I started smoking 2-3 packs of smokes, and a pot of coffee. Couldn't handle it, and put my tool pouch back on, and worked on site, rain or shine, and loved it.

God supplied work for me also now so that I can work at home these past 10+ yrs. But in my shop, fabricating commercial machine enclosures used in laboratories. One customer, professional, who sends a PO, I ship product, and send an invoice.  Am blessed beyond measure, and tell God daily.

Good to hear you found your niche and a brother to work with. God already had a plan for you...

A wonderful and uplifting testimony. It is so good to hear these things and where we can glorify God as witness.

Praise the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Sower said:

2-3 packs for cigs a day and a pot of coffee? That makes me sick to think of it and I am a smoker. 

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

2-3 packs for cigs a day and a pot of coffee? That makes me sick to think of it and I am a smoker. 

I was much younger way back then.:unsure:

51+ yrs smoking. When I started everybody smoked, or almost. Never considered quitting till everybody else put them down.
It then became a battle, but I realized just how weak I really was. Never could quit, and I tried everything except hypnotism. This caused me shame. I honestly believe God allowed me to struggle for a purpose. I was very humbled. I couldn't do it. And I never quit.

But I haven't had one smoke for over nine years. I was delivered. The fervent prayer of a righteous man, hands on my shoulders, plead my case to God. I was delivered. And I praise God. His promises are true, and I trust them.

• Praise God! 2

3 minutes ago, Sower said:

I was much younger way back then.:unsure:

51+ yrs smoking. When I started everybody smoked, or almost. Never considered quitting till everybody else put them down.
It then became a battle, but I realized just how weak I really was. Never could quit, and I tried everything except hypnotism. This caused me shame. I honestly believe God allowed me to struggle for a purpose. I was very humbled. I couldn't do it. And I never quit.

But I haven't had one smoke for over nine years. I was delivered. The fervent prayer of a righteous man, hands on my shoulders, plead my case to God. I was delivered. And I praise God. His promises are true, and I trust them.

I am glad you were able to quit. Reseachers have found it is much easier for men to quit smoking than women and they really don't know why. I have prayed for years to God about my smoking. No answers. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am glad you were able to quit. Reseachers have found it is much easier for men to quit smoking than women and they really don't know why. I have prayed for years to God about my smoking. No answers. 

You must have misread my post. I stated I could not quit (unable). I was delivered. A big difference.
I do not smoke, because God delivered me. I also could not quit smoking like you.
A believer prayed over me, God heard his prayer, and I was delivered.
I had nothing to do with it. Only received the victory.
The believer was my son.
The deliverer was God.
Praise God.

• Praise God! 1

32 minutes ago, Sower said:

You must have misread my post. I stated I could not quit (unable). I was delivered. A big difference.
I do not smoke, because God delivered me. I also could not quit smoking like you.
A believer prayed over me, God heard his prayer, and I was delivered.
I had nothing to do with it. Only received the victory.
The believer was my son.
The deliverer was God.
Praise God.

Yes, but God allowed you to not smoke any longer so you did quit. God answered your prayer.  Like I said I have put up many prayers about my smoking with no answers. Are you charismatic? I do not smoke very much.