• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

7 hours ago, Starise said:

In what ways do you see us hindering non Christians?

Non Christians want approval for what they are doing. Gay marriage for example they are looking for people to support their marriage. The Bible is very clear that we can not give them that approval. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

Just now, JohnR7 said:

Non Christians want approval for what they are doing. Gay marriage for example they are looking for people to support their marriage. The Bible is very clear that we can not give them that approval. 

In one way we are hindering them from what they want to be told is ok. In another way we are helping them in the best way possible, by gently telling them the truth. God can't approve of sin, neither can we.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

1 hour ago, Starise said:

In one way we are hindering them from what they want to be told is ok. In another way we are helping them in the best way possible, by gently telling them the truth. God can't approve of sin, neither can we.

I remember the day  the government made same gender marriage legal. That evening they painted the white house with lights in the colors of the rainbow.  2 things upset me. 1, the government appeared to take sides in a hotly debated issue. They should have remained neutral.  I don't recall the government ever celebrating the institution of marriage between a man and woman. 2, that is NOT what the rainbow symbolizes.  It is God's promise.  I've heard well intentioned Christians say they were going to take God's rainbow back. The inherent flaw of that statement suggests that mear mortals are capable of taking, at will, something away from God that is His. The bow is His weapon.  He set it down as a reminder that He will not destroy the earth by flood again. The rainbow symbolizes GODS PROMISE. 

What has happened is very similar to the legalizing of abortion.  They redefined life such that it begins here, not at conception. With that in place they were legally allowed to take unborn children's lives.

The true meaning of the rainbow is being hijacked. ( try asking 10 random people to participate in a word game where you say one word and they quickly respond with the first word that comes to mind. Like you say up...they say down/ black...white/ rainbow......./ how many people do you think will respond by saying ...God's promise?

Our efforts should NOT be to recover God's bow, as though it was for Him. His Bow is still where He left it, and it remains perfectly safe. Rather, Christian Folk should witness to the world what the meaning of the rainbow is. And done so without ridiculing those that believe otherwise.  You know? The effort is for their safety,  not Gods.

Edited by Dan Knight
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

I remember the day  the government made same gender marriage legal. That evening they painted the white house with lights in the colors of the rainbow.  2 things upset me. 1, the government appeared to take sides in a hotly debated issue. They should have remained neutral.  I don't recall the government ever celebrating the institution of marriage between a man and woman. 2, that is NOT what the rainbow symbolizes.  It is God's promise.  I've heard well intentioned Christians say they were going to take God's rainbow back. The inherent flaw of that statement suggests that mear mortals are capable of taking, at will, something away from God that is His. The bow is His weapon.  He set it down as a reminder that He will not destroy the earth by flood again. The rainbow symbolizes GODS PROMISE. 

What has happened is very similar to the legalizing of abortion.  They redefined life such that it begins here, not at conception. With that in place they were legally allowed to take unborn children's lives.

The true meaning of the rainbow is being hijacked. ( try asking 10 random people to participate in a word game where you say one word and they quickly respond with the first word that comes to mind. Like you say up...they say down/ black...white/ rainbow......./ how many people do you think will respond by saying ...God's promise?

Our efforts should NOT be to recover God's bow, as though it was for Him. His Bow is still where He left it, and it remains perfectly safe. Rather, Christian Folk should witness to the world what the meaning of the rainbow is. And done so without ridiculing those that believe otherwise.  You know? The effort is for their safety,  not Gods.

default_thumbsup.gif.82582ea0ca1456274cf8a7065b4fce80.gif

Time to be strong, and do exploits!

"witness to the world what the meaning of the rainbow is"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

8 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.82582ea0ca1456274cf8a7065b4fce80.gif

Time to be strong, and do exploits!

"witness to the world what the meaning of the rainbow is"

Onward Christian Soldiers...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

12 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

Very well put.

Irrespective of the reception we get from non Christians, we were never told to compromise or waver.

The expectation for most is exactly what Jesus said would happen. 

1 John 3:13-14

New International Version

13 Do not be surprised, my brothers and sisters,[a] if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

Too many Christians are trying to be buddy buddy with the world. Not that we shouldn't show ourselves friendly. Christians can't be  supporters of the sinful ways of unbelievers, seem to condone their behavior, or in any way participate in the behavior and hope to be a good example.

• Well Said! 1