• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Are you trying hard to put all your faith, hope, love and trust in God. He does not ever disappoint us. (NASB) Romans 10:11

Im so busy and stressed. I really dont have time to pray. I tried last night and fell asleep. 

Also im really afraid to trust God. Ive just been struggling even with him. Even when i was dedicating my life to him at one point.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

3 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Also im really afraid to trust God. Ive just been struggling even with him. Even when i was dedicating my life to him at one point.

This can be a long drawn out process to learn that we are safe to trust God. Knowing there is a God and knowing He can be trusted is not the same. To add insult to injury there is a lot of pain, misery and suffering in this world and it is very difficult to believe that God is going to cause good to come out of all of that. Can we really trust that God is good when the world is in the state it is in. I do know that we are better off with God than we are without Him. So we need to build on what little trust we have and just like exercise strengthens our body. A little bit at a time we can build our trust in God and know that everything is going to work out and He is in control. 

If you ask my wife this is not even an issue for her. He answers prayer, He gave us life. Why would anyone question Him?  She just says to do your best and trust the rest to Him. Because we do not have any choice otherwise. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im so busy and stressed. I really dont have time to pray. I tried last night and fell asleep. 

Your honesty delights the Lord. How so?

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord,
But those who deal faithfully are His delight.

(Proverbs 12:22 NASB)

Would it help to emphasize that prayer is conversation with God, @Figure of eighty? We speak to the Lord, and He hears our voice; we speak to the Lord and reveal the depths of our heart to the One who knows all things. I speak to Him all day long and this is not a burden. Remember this:

Almighty God, who fashioned the poet as well as the simple man by His hand, is not moved by flowery speech. The Lord God has need of nothing, for He created all things seen and unseen and, in His sight, there is nothing new under the sun. What moves God upon His throne, then?

The words of the sincere who cast the truth of their heart before His throne with abandon... this one the Lord will not despise. Speak to the Lord from the depths of your heart, my friend, and do not be afraid that He will despise you for it. God already knows the secrets of our hearts. By doing so, you are engaging in prayer. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Some good news i have an interview for a remote position on monday. 

• Praise God! 2