IGNORED

Circumcision, Sabbath, clean meat and animal sacrifice offerings for sin atonement did not make people holy.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

So you believe in a works salvation? The blood of Jesus DEFINITELY IS enough. That's why he cried out on the cross " It is finished ". So if it's finished, what more are we to do? If we must be obedient, then we are earning salvation. It's no longer a gift. There are many salvation passages that don't mention repentance at all. 

God is not a laundry that clean people's sin with the blood of Jesus. Unless people repent we will perish.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God is not a laundry that clean people's sin with the blood of Jesus. Unless people repent we will perish.

So you don't believe that Jesus' sacrifice paid for the sins of all people?  We have been given eternal life because Jesus paid for our sins in their entirety.

Repentance doesn't save, only Jesus saves.  Otherwise, it's by works.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

13 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Then you should probably quit reading the Bible, because it says all over in many books that God is loving and wants to forgive us. Salvation by works is a very difficult topic to defend scripturally, and usually is based on emotional reasons that actual scripture. I would challenge you to study and make sure what you believe is based on God's word and not on what other people tell you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, JimmyB said:

So you don't believe that Jesus' sacrifice paid for the sins of all people?  We have been given eternal life because Jesus paid for our sins in their entirety.

God is not a laundry service that clean your sins in two hours without repentance of a lifetime.

@TrueFollowerOfChrist

Edited by R. Hartono

10 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God is not a laundry service that clean your sins in two hours without repentance of a lifetime.

@TrueFollowerOfChrist

You've written this before but I don't see the point.  In fact, saying that "God is not a laundry service" is trivializing the issue.

It saddens me that you don't realize that all sins have been forgiven.  Continual repentance, as you describe it, is works, a denial of faith.  I repent because the Holy Spirit, my guide within me, continually corrects me.  It's similar to steering a car: it goes in the right direction, but it's not done to avoid a crash.

Edited by JimmyB

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On 8/28/2022 at 12:24 PM, JimmyB said:

So do you hold that the wicked will be saved? Thats basically what your statement says... As for repentance, how do you read these text..

Matthew 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

Mark 1:15
"The time is fulfilled," He said, "and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!"

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped away,

1 hour ago, Hobie_ said:

So do you hold that the wicked will be saved? Thats basically what your statement says... As for repentance, how do you read these text..

Matthew 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

Mark 1:15
"The time is fulfilled," He said, "and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!"

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped away,

Anyone can be saved if they accept Jesus' sacrifice for their sins and believe that He is their savior.  We were all "wicked", i.e., sinners, before we accepted Christ's sacrifice on our behalf.

I don't know why you are taking various verses out of context.  As I said earlier, repentance is turning away from a sinful life.  However, repentance doesn't save you, nor does baptism in water, otherwise everyone who came to John would have been saved.

Mark 1:15 and Acts 3:19 -- both verses taken out of context -- say the same thing: believe the gospel, repent, and be baptized.

Acts 2:38 says something entirely different.  On Pentecost, Peter urged people to become Christians: be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ (not water), i.e. accept His sacrifice for you, and your become a new creation: all your sins are forgiven and you receive the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/29/2022 at 3:19 PM, JimmyB said:

Anyone can be saved if they accept Jesus' sacrifice for their sins and believe that He is their savior.  We were all "wicked", i.e., sinners, before we accepted Christ's sacrifice on our behalf.

I don't know why you are taking various verses out of context.  As I said earlier, repentance is turning away from a sinful life.  However, repentance doesn't save you, nor does baptism in water, otherwise everyone who came to John would have been saved.

Mark 1:15 and Acts 3:19 -- both verses taken out of context -- say the same thing: believe the gospel, repent, and be baptized.

Acts 2:38 says something entirely different.  On Pentecost, Peter urged people to become Christians: be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ (not water), i.e. accept His sacrifice for you, and your become a new creation: all your sins are forgiven and you receive the Holy Spirit.

So do you believe the wicked dont have to repent of their sin and iniquity before the end,   as scripture has something to say on that...

Psalm 28:5
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord
Nor the deeds of His hands,
He will tear them down and not build them up.

Psalm 73:19
How they are destroyed in a moment!
They are utterly swept away by sudden terrors!

Psalm 94:23
He has brought back their wickedness upon them
And will destroy them in their evil;
The Lord our God will destroy them.

Psalm 92:7
That when the wicked sprouted up like grass
And all who did iniquity flourished,
It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.

Proverbs 10:29
The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the upright,
But ruin to the workers of iniquity.

Ezekiel 13:14
So I will tear down the wall which you plastered over with whitewash and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation is laid bare; and when it falls, you will be consumed in its midst. And you will know that I am the Lord.

Hosea 7:13
Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me!
Destruction is theirs, for they have rebelled against Me!
I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me.

2 Peter 3:2-7

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

So do you believe the wicked dont have to repent of their sin and iniquity before the end,   as scripture has something to say on that...

Psalm 28:5
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord
Nor the deeds of His hands,
He will tear them down and not build them up.

Psalm 73:19
How they are destroyed in a moment!
They are utterly swept away by sudden terrors!

Psalm 94:23
He has brought back their wickedness upon them
And will destroy them in their evil;
The Lord our God will destroy them.

Psalm 92:7
That when the wicked sprouted up like grass
And all who did iniquity flourished,
It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.

Proverbs 10:29
The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the upright,
But ruin to the workers of iniquity.

Ezekiel 13:14
So I will tear down the wall which you plastered over with whitewash and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation is laid bare; and when it falls, you will be consumed in its midst. And you will know that I am the Lord.

Hosea 7:13
Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me!
Destruction is theirs, for they have rebelled against Me!
I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me.

2 Peter 3:2-7

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Everyone has to repent and believe in Jesus as their savior.  All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...

Quoting Scripture, especially OT Scripture, out of context, to underscore your thoughts, is meaningless.

Edited by JimmyB

10 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Everyone has to repent and believe in Jesus as their savior.  All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...

Quoting Scripture, especially OT Scripture, out of context, to underscore your thoughts, is meaningless.

No, when you repent, you turn from sin and to Christ, not continue in it. This is Sanctification versus the Justification, and those who are saved will not be under the bondage of sin and full of iniquity when probation closes and Christ comes to reward every man according to his works. Either the fruits of the Holy Spirit and the reward of the just, or still under the devils hold and damnation of the unjust at the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 22:10-12

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

It is at the core of Christianity...

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/erik-raymond/what-is-the-difference-between-justification-and-sanctification/

http://www.sdanet.org/atissue/books/justified/justification_and_sanctification.htm

https://www.gotquestions.org/justification-vs-sanctification.html

https://myfaithradio.com/2017/understanding-justification-sanctification-glorification/

Edited by Hobie_