• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.20
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

Proverbs 25:[2] It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Proverbs 26

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

On 8/28/2022 at 1:51 PM, JohnR7 said:

Many people were raised from the dead after Calvary. So this would indicate there was a difference between those who look forward to Calvary and those who look back. Many saints appeared to many people, then we do not hear what happened to them. 

Matthew 27 "52The tombs broke open, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. 53 After Jesus’ resurrection, when they had come out of the tombs, they entered the holy city and appeared to many people. 

This is irrelevant to the text discussed. If you see it as relevant please explain how?

On 8/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, JohnR7 said:

t does to me. Although Matthew 7 makes this a lot more clear:  [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

The TEXT we were discussing and my comment to this text "-

Titus 1:15 

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

My comment- 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:29 AM, Starise said:

The context of that verse means to those who are pure ( in Christ). Those who have been saved, they are pure. The verse says nothing about Christians not having the ability to see good and evil.

There is no connection I can see to the text you just quoted-

On 8/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, JohnR7 said:

It does to me. Although Matthew 7 makes this a lot more clear:  [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Being seen as "pure" through the blood of Christ has no connotation to judgement of another brother.

This is rambling far to much to make any sense of it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/26/2022 at 4:42 PM, JohnR7 said:

That is why I just read the Bible for myself and allow the Holy Spirit to be my teacher and guide. Also, I use Science to help me understand the Bible. 

Hello, I hope you don't mind my asking but when you say the Holy Spirit teaches and guides you, what exactly do you mean?  Thank you

On 8/25/2022 at 6:07 PM, WilliamL said:

Impossible for errors of men to be in the Bible? Right.

There are multiple contradictions between the Gospel writers alone, just in their different accounts of the order of events of Crucifixion week. Just one: Mark 11 tells how Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem was followed the next day by His casting the money changers out of the Temple. (His account is correct: the triumphal entry was on a Sabbath, when no commerce was allowed.) Luke 19 says both events occurred on the same day: from which we have gotten the "Palm Sunday" fallacy, which became institutionalized throughout most of the Christian world.

OOps, sorry.

Edited by Dave-regenerated
made a mistake

15 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Just found this scripture,Dave, hope it helps.

John 14:26

But the advocate the Holy Spirit ,whom the Father will  send in My Name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Luke 12:12

for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.

Also ,without being birthed in the Spirit/ regenerated/ rebirth, how could we understand the word of God, unless he opens up his word to us?

He works in and through his children, to become the image of his Son, we bear the fruit of the Spirit as he indwells our spirit ,taken up permanent residence, he brings our spirit alive,” Spirit gives birth to spirit,all in his timing I believe.

I'm just asking John to describe his experience.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I'm just asking John to describe his experience.

Yes, but this also a question of interest for believers and even non believers and the answer of the sister came with scripture, no-challegable scripture...and we also have the individual experiences...which are in many and different ways.  

When that happens to someone Jesus will make sure that they will know...

We all have the benefits of the Holy Spirit in our Lives..whether we know it or we seek it or not...the Holy Spirit is also at work with unbelievers to help them understand some things or to make them curious about some things, or helping them to wonder about some things, in this way he is preparing the people to be fertile ground and receive the rain and the word of God and receive it and take roots in them. 

Thank you 

God bless

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

6 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Hello, I hope you don't mind my asking but when you say the Holy Spirit teaches and guides you, what exactly do you mean?  Thank you

This is a paraphrase of Jeremiah 31:34
No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more."

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; He will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

The key words here are guide and teach. We do not need man because we have the Holy Spirit of God to guide us and teach us in the way we are to go. 

“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will ...
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

We all have the benefits of the Holy Spirit in our Lives.

I was seeking God, and God found me. Then He led me to Jesus, and Jesus led me to the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit led me back to Jesus, and Jesus led me back to the father. 

I knew nothing about Jesus or the Holy Spirit. I was just seeking to Know God. Once I told a friend I did not understand the Bible. He said, pray for the Holy Spirit to help me to understand. I did pray and God answered that prayer because I started to understand what the Bible has to teach us. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

This is a paraphrase of Jeremiah 31:34
No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more."

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; He will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

The key words here are guide and teach. We do not need man because we have the Holy Spirit of God to guide us and teach us in the way we are to go. 

“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will ...

I want to know what your personal experience is when you say the Holy Spirit teaches you.  Please write it out and describe it, and do not quote Bible verses.  Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

On 8/31/2022 at 12:20 PM, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Just found this scripture,Dave, hope it helps.

John 14:26

But the advocate the Holy Spirit ,whom the Father will  send in My Name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Luke 12:12

for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.

Also ,without being birthed in the Spirit/ regenerated/ rebirth, how could we understand the word of God, unless he opens up his word to us?

He works in and through his children, to become the image of his Son, we bear the fruit of the Spirit as he indwells our spirit ,taken up permanent residence, he brings our spirit alive,” Spirit gives birth to spirit,all in his timing I believe.

I agree with this 100%.

It is interesting though when we get three different interpretations on the same text for those claiming to be led by the HG.

Go figure.