• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

4 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I think the Sermon on the mount says it all and Jesus narrowed it down to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. his prayer was Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Our life should be an example of Heaven on Earth. 

And with this in mind, heaven on earth as mentioned, it is easy to see that if anything on earth is not like Heaven in the earth then it is NOT the will of the Creator. Thank you for the scriptural affirmation. Shalom

• Group:  Diamond Member

12 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

The GAP people would say the GAP takes place between verse one and verse two. 

I can understand that view. We are at conjecture at this point in most "beliefs" of the biblical record. It surely is much more complex. Shalom

2 Peter 3:[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

On 8/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, Dan Knight said:

What is interesting is that you are not seeking answers to your inquiries.  You already have statements prepared to drop on any unsuspecting respondent. You seek arguments you have deemed yourself victorious in well before the debate has even begun. You have already justified yourself and seek ....from others, at the expense of others. You have your reward. 

Whoa. I see your viewpoint. Never the intention from me. Shalom

Ecclesiastes 1:[13] And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
[14] I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 8/1/2022 at 7:28 AM, branchesofHim said:

Do we have all of the scriptures ever recorded in the earth for man to know God and His ways? And are the scriptures we have the only ones inspired by God?

Hi branchesofHim,

God`s word is all about revealing Christ, His character and His purposes for -

- the Body of Christ, for Israel and the Nations.

It is NOT all about every detail of general history, science, medical, astronomy, or any other field of endeavour.

Note: lots to talk with the Lord when we are in glory, (for eternity) as He`ll be ever creating.

Marilyn.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

It surely is much more complex.

Matthew 18:3. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. ·

If we do not understand the simple truth as a child we will not be able to understand the complexity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

And with this in mind, heaven on earth as mentioned, it is easy to see that if anything on earth is not like Heaven in the earth then it is NOT the will of the Creator. Thank you for the scriptural affirmation. Shalom

David tells us in Psalm 139:16 that God writes the book of our life at or before conception we are given all of our gifts, talents and abilities. He declares the end from the beginning and He watches over His word to perform what He declares. Isaiah 46:10 & Jeremiah 1:12. God gives us a choice and we should choose life and prosperity. Every word we read would take a whole  book to understand. Esp the word Prosperity or the word Life. We can choose life or death, sickness or health, blessing or curse. 

Deuteronomy 30:15  See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction.  For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

It is NOT all about every detail of general history, science, medical, astronomy, or any other field of endeavour.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness & self control. 

I study history and science so I can better understand the Bible. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

"..Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven".

What is to be done on earth as it is in heaven? His will. How is His will done in heaven? It is obeyed.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

I see. You have no answer from scripture (that we have). Ok. Thank you for participating. I see several quotes from the website listed. Shalom

I answered you, with an appropriate answer. If it failed to meet your approval there is little I can do.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

9 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I think we should start at the beginning and work our way forward. We do not read the last chapter and work our way back to the beginning.  Matthew gives us some background on Jesus and then the sermon on the mount begins in Chapter 5. 

For me I am so overwhelmed by Genesis 1, 2 & 3. Along with the sermon on the Mount I really do not have time for much of anything else. Paul warns us against senseless arguments and debates. We are clearly told not to lean on our own understanding but to trust in God. (Proverbs 3:5,6)Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

I don't believe in senseless arguments either, but honest discussion can be beneficial. I will only say that I am a young earth creationist, and that is because of scripture saying 6 days ( if God meant longer than that, he would have said that ), and also because there are parts of science that are inconsistent with an old earth, but that's a subject for a different thread.