• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,400
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Gen 6:5

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
KJV
This statement of God, according to the conclusion of above, backs up the understanding of the leaven of sin in the New Testament
1 Cor 5:7-8

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
KJV

Gal 5:9

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
KJV

Thus:

Gen 6:6-7

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
KJV

Verse 6 is coming from God Who dwells without end 'KNOWING'... we must therefore recognize the fact God is allowing us to reckon with Him in our limitation; Yet, teaching us that in eternity past, without end, it was known and eternity future, without end, it is known by God! "it grieved him at his heart." It is here that a heart that seeks after God knows when God created all this and sanctified all this that only this truth can be stressed: God is completely separated from that which has occurred in Lucifer's rebellion called sin and now filled up in fallen man. How do we know this is truth? By this statement from God:

Isa 46:10

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
KJV
So this grief so intense that God intends to wipe out His image, that He has created, from the face of the earth is communicated to us thus "it repenteth me that I have made them."  
It is here that we understand the 'free will doctrine' is truth and the 'only God's Will doctrine' to be false ... this represented by Provisionist (Creature free will) and Calvinist (God's Will only)... 

It can be stated simply as this: God from beginning to end has only done that which gives Him pleasure... thus there cannot be grief and repentance for the things that are done! Calvinism fails to allow this...  Only the creatures free will allows this to be true.

Note also vs. 7 notes the destruction of man is to remove from the face of the earth; Knowing the account of Lazarus and the rich man they are being kept, in torment, till the great white throne. Which is now 5 to 7 thousand years of torment in flame. This also flies in the face of nihilists who claim God will not punish forever in flame.  The terror of The Lord is revealed most surely here...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Gen 6:8

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
KJV

Eight souls all surrounded by this one-man Noah... all of eternity future lies dependent on this one soul who clung to God and BELIEVED GOD! this belief was deep and unwavering ... so much so we shall see a task of such magnitude accomplished by this belief, also that we shall know them by their fruit...  Here's the difficulty: we know all have sinned Rom 3:23 and rightly deserves eternal separation from God, yet God ceased in His destruction of His image because of this belief found in one-man... (80 year project of back breaking work to build an ark and never seeing the thing itself that God was going to use to do it -rain-). God seeing through His presence in all times and eternal exist that Noah would do this thing through his belief in God's WORD... The entire population of the world at that time would not do this thing and this should magnify the immense need to believe God in His Word!... as Noah...

Moreover, all else that can be thought, this reality magnifies the Grace of God through belief in His Word... Something the Calvinist cannot accept but God could was this belief that existed in Noah even though a sinner he chose to believe God through His Word alone and the entire world after the flood recieved this Grace poured out upon Noah for such...

This is why he (Noah) is mentioned in God's hall of fame of faith:
Hebrews 11:7 (KJV)

[7] By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

17 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Gen 6:8

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
KJV

Eight souls all surrounded by this one-man Noah... all of eternity future lies dependent on this one soul who clung to God and BELIEVED GOD! this belief was deep and unwavering ... so much so we shall see a task of such magnitude accomplished by this belief, also that we shall know them by their fruit...  Here's the difficulty: we know all have sinned Rom 3:23 and rightly deserves eternal separation from God, yet God ceased in His destruction of His image because of this belief found in one-man... (80 year project of back breaking work to build an ark and never seeing the thing itself that God was going to use to do it -rain-). God seeing through His presence in all times and eternal exist that Noah would do this thing through his belief in God's WORD... The entire population of the world at that time would not do this thing and this should magnify the immense need to believe God in His Word!... as Noah...

Moreover, all else that can be thought this reality magnifies the Grace of God through belief in His Word... Something the Calvinist cannot accept but God could was this belief that existed in Noah even though a sinner he chose to believe God through His Word alone and the entire world after the flood recieved this Grace poured out upon Noah for such...

This is why he (Noah) is mentioned in God's hall of fame of faith:

[7] By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Love this analogy - I am a firm Believer that Faith is Pleasing and Acceptable to Almighty God,man can simply Believe the Word of God or not- God Does not Control our choices,Of course He Could if He So Desired but He Does Not,I think that is very clear in the Written Word

Thanks for the good explanation-❤️

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.89
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 3/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, enoob57 said:

When the writer states that Noah "condemned the world", he uses kosmos. I am not qualified to say this is wrong, but I do know that cosmos is also used for the Universe, and implies an established order that no longer exists.  My understanding by the Spirit is that the flood judgment condemned the Universe that we see today, with galaxies colliding, and all manner of chaos that God did not establish in the original creation. I truly believe that the sin of man threw the entire Universe out of wack, and this occurred when Noah responded to God's warning by faith, saved himself and his family, and perpetuated man's existence in the midst of a creation that upon observation should scare mankind straight!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Gen 6:9-11

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
KJV

image.png.c14fe681087ab56a7c07b39f1e0f3053.png

image.png.209fb2b3f3bb154d52b6b70ec114927b.png

a quote from (from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright © 1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers.)

In several contexts the word has a wider background. When one is described by it, there is nothing in his outward activities or internal disposition that is odious to God; "...Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God" Gen 6:9. This word describes his entire relationship to God. In Judg 9:16, where tamim describes a relationship between men it is clear that more than mere external activity is meant: "Now therefore, if ye have done truly and sincerely [literally, "in a sincere manner"], in that ye have made Abimelech king...." This extended connotation of this nuance is also evidenced when one compares Gen 17:1 with Rom 4 where Paul argues that Abraham fulfilled God's condition but that he did so only through faith.

Every tree had to be cut by hand, then split, then individually shaped for it's place in the Ark... 70 to 80 years of back breaking, hand blistering, work. When one considers the task through faith Noah did- the completely sincere dedication is understood...

I think the motivation would also be seen 
The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence
Who wouldn't wish to escape such a place?

Gen 6:12-13
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. KJV

We see the progression of iniquity is that of leaven… generational increase till the whole lump is leavened. As we see this progression is taught within Scripture:

1 Cor 5:6-8
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. KJV

There is an absolute teaching in all of Scripture that sin, when practiced, will increase till all is filled with it's death… we see it here where the entire world, with the exception of 'ONE' man Noah, was filled with sin/evil practice and nothing remained that God could keep! Now we must understand that Noah was a sinner yet he found grace in God, in that, we see that He was willing to save, first and immediate, his family … by faith in God and His Word that God would do as God said and the complete commitment to that Word is seen in the huge task God set before him in the building of the Ark… We have already seen it in Cain. Where God reasoned with him to do right and yet he chose wrong and further filled himself with sin/evil by his choice. This despite God's council

Genesis 4:7 (ESV)
[7] If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is contrary to you, but you must rule over it.”

We are reminded by this 'you must rule over it' speaking of sin that is in us … now the families of the earth at that time had yielded to the sinful desires till they were filled with such completely
Gen 6:5
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. KJV

Now if under the acceptance of TULIP they call the doctrines of grace… none of this will be reasoned as such for they must through what they have already accepted as truth  (TULIP) think or reason another way.

However the clear and straight forward teaching of Scripture as 'when the plain sense makes sense seek no other sense' … We see the leading of God's precious Word fulfilling God's desire with us in soteriology

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)
[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
[19] If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
[20] But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/26/2023 at 5:43 PM, David1701 said:

I agree.  I avoid paraphrastic versions like the plague (e.g. The Living Bible and The Message).

Although sometimes a narrative might work in a paraphrastic version to give a general sense, yet for serious and close study a fairly formal version is indeed very helpful. I do appreciate the KJV in English.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

The whole of God's word from Genesis onwards, and where He is.

Newby here. That is a tall order. Jesus is the Word, John 1. He created the heavens, and the earth, Genesis 1, and He lives in my heart.

Edited by Truswell
  • Praise God! 1

Gen 6:14-22

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
KJV

The greatness of the man is seen by his obedience to God's Word... no matter the hardship ... all those animals-feeding, and excrement removal :blink: one little window 3rd story... a little over a years time... can we say commitment to task unpleasant as it may have been, yet remaining faithful to God... oh and Noah wasn't regenerated just believed God and did!

Gen 7:1-5

7 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
KJV

Starting to see a pattern here... The whole world here after is obliged to this one man who was willing to obey God's Word completely. Fallen man may I add... fallen man exercising choice may I add... God's Word states Noah did~ not God caused Noah to do! It stated Noah did and the credit of the doing rests upon this fallen -one- man in the entire world who would... now am I giving credit to fallen man or is God? Seems we are right back to the Cain thing again are we not?

• 3 weeks later...

Gen 7:6-12

6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. 7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

KJV
At this time we know the heart of God... cause we have been told all things by Him in these last of days:
2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)

[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

So why is God doing this in unwillingness?

Gen 6:11-13

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

KJV
We understand light has no part with darkness -another way- lie has no part with truth and the vessel your in has choice every moment of time to what you will fill yourself with ... the world chose violence and corruption and filled itself with such till there existed nothing for God to keep... Noah and his family chose to adhere to The Word of God and acted upon said Word to the keeping of the things of God!