creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Advice comes from all over. Not all is good. Shown by the stories of Rehoboam and Amnon,  heeding bad advice can ruin your life. Some can be down right hilarious so long as youre aware enough to ignore them. Do you have any examples of bad advice youve gotten and thankfully ignored.

Here are some of mine-

1) A person who professed to be christian (and i sincerely began to doubt) once told me that if I want a wife just tell God,  He needs to give you one if He wants you to keep serving him. I obviously ignored that. I was lonely, not STUPID.

2) A friend told me a married woman told her that- Worry about looking good now(being single). When you get married you can let yourself go.

3)   One of my parent  once told me to change my major in university to Accounting (a subject I HATED in school and failed at). Their logic was , if i did it, i could get a job out of school fast. Use the money to build a house on a plot of land they had that we can live in together. They even tried to get a friend of theirs to talk to me to change my mind. When i declined , they got angry.

So they in short wanted me to do a subject  I hate, get a job Id hate so I can build a house  on their land  and cohabit with them.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

The very best advice comes from the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

8 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

bad advice can ruin your life.

Bad advice can cost people their life. God does not want anyone leading others astray and setting a bad example for them. Of course, we are to do all we can to follow the Teachings of Jesus and follow the Example He sets for us. My wife likes to say: Do your best and trust the rest to God. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

1 hour ago, Starise said:

The very best advice comes from the Bible.

Line upon line, precept upon precept. A little here and a little there. Isaiah 28:10

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/31/2022 at 9:13 PM, creativemechanic said:

Advice comes from all over. Not all is good. Shown by the stories of Rehoboam and Amnon,  heeding bad advice can ruin your life. Some can be down right hilarious so long as youre aware enough to ignore them. Do you have any examples of bad advice youve gotten and thankfully ignored.

Here are some of mine-

1) A person who professed to be christian (and i sincerely began to doubt) once told me that if I want a wife just tell God,  He needs to give you one if He wants you to keep serving him. I obviously ignored that. I was lonely, not STUPID.

2) A friend told me a married woman told her that- Worry about looking good now(being single). When you get married you can let yourself go.

3)   One of my parent  once told me to change my major in university to Accounting (a subject I HATED in school and failed at). Their logic was , if i did it, i could get a job out of school fast. Use the money to build a house on a plot of land they had that we can live in together. They even tried to get a friend of theirs to talk to me to change my mind. When i declined , they got angry.

So they in short wanted me to do a subject  I hate, get a job Id hate so I can build a house  on their land  and cohabit with them.

Somebody said to me that sins left no marks in our body and so just live for this life regardless what will happen to our souls when we die one day. This kind of people will sell their souls even to the devil for Fortune.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

The BEST source of advice and guidance is the Bible, as it has stood the test of time. It offers practical advice on many of the subjects. It has moved millions to act on the counsel: “Be made new in the force actuating your mind . . . Put on the new personality.” (Ephesians 4:23, 24) The Bible provides wise insight into what causes our problems and teaches us how to cope with them. Most important, it provides powerful and practical motivation for doing what is right.