Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Okay so is my daughter's father I haven't blocked on everything and I told him that he couldn't see her or have his daughter until after he goes to court for child support he's about a year and a half and prior to that I gave him so many opportunities so many chances to see her and spend time with her but all those chances he blew I still have text messages of him flaking on his weekend to get her because he wanted to pick up some money or do something else equally trivial. 

He's been calling nonstop every time I break up with him then he gets a fire under him to get back in gear and try to be a parent or whatever but I did all the nights with her I got her walking I did it all I start up her daycare on my own no help from him I asked her to watch her on his off days and you wouldn't do it and I lost my job I lost three jobs because I couldn't trust him or anyone else to help so I'm making him wait now but I did answer his call and I just told him everything I said here about how much I do for her and how little he does and how am I keeping her from him he blew all his chances and I have to wait until Court which isn't too long that's the middle of September. 

And to that he basically said everything that I'm doing as well I'm supposed to be doing but he does nothing and he says he's a good father and he's not a total of that I told him because I felt bad because he said I was keeping her from that he could have her for the weekend but with his mom she doesn't run the AC from 8:00 to 6:00 and that's way too hot for a baby to be in the last time he had her it was sweltering and all he did waa have her under a fan with her shirt off.. 

He didnt dare run the AC bc he didmt want to bother his mother. 

So am i wrong to keeo her from him until the court date? I also am not giving him any tax money again. 

I feel stressed bc when he said that that's what I'm supposed to do it made me feel like that every all this struggle is normal is what it's supposed to be for me but not for him and on top of the fact that when I pick my dad up from daycare she had a bite mark near her eye from a little boy and I just have to deal with finding the daycare just so I can work and find the one that I can trust I feel bad because I feel like she's a little lab rat just trying to find the right daycare. 

Idk please keep me in your prayers i am pretty stressed trying not to lose it. 
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Whether your wrong or not depends...

Have you talked to your lawyer about this? If the visitation is court ordered and you refuse to allow him to visit that could come back on you and work against you in court.

On the other hand you mention no AC...one could argue you refused due to neglect or child abuse....but this only works if you bring in law enforcement and press charges. 

Again, consult your lawyer before doing anything, as law can be confusing first off, and second Canadian law is different then American law which most people here are. And document everything.

And you mention every time you break up...well stop getting back together if he's this toxic.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Does he have court-ordered visitation rights already.   I'm not clear on that.

Why do you keep going back to this man?  I'm not being flippant or nosey about that. 

You are in my prayers.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Whether your wrong or not depends...

Have you talked to your lawyer about this? If the visitation is court ordered and you refuse to allow him to visit that could come back on you and work against you in court.

On the other hand you mention no AC...one could argue you refused due to neglect or child abuse....but this only works if you bring in law enforcement and press charges. 

Again, consult your lawyer before doing anything, as law can be confusing first off, and second Canadian law is different then American law which most people here are. And document everything.

And you mention every time you break up...well stop getting back together if he's this toxic.

I am no longer with him. I talked to a lawyer they said bc we aren't married he has no rights at all.  He's going to court for child support. I wanted to go but they told me only hes required to go but he sais he was going to talk to the judge and im afraid he may lie about some things.

41 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Does he have court-ordered visitation rights already.   I'm not clear on that.

Why do you keep going back to this man?  I'm not being flippant or nosey about that. 

You are in my prayers.

Im done. We are done. Im just raising my child. The back and forth before was because I thought he could be a better man and dad but A year is enough to show me he wont change.( Home life isnt the best so i thought i could depend on him and we build a life together. I was wrong) 

No he doesnt have court ordered visits. I talked to a lawyer rhey said he has no rights.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for clearing that up.  

If he has no rights, then he has no rights.  

If the court gave you full custody and him none then you absolutely have the right to tell him no to all his requests.

Whether you appear in his court or not depends on how much you trust your lawyer. Yes he probably will lie. If your lawyer is good he will represent you well and point out the lies. 

And there maybe a good reason not to. If your easily provoked, he could elicit an emotional response from you in court which may not work well In your favor and it maybe best to take your lawyers advice.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

If the court gave you full custody and him none then you absolutely have the right to tell him no to all his requests.

Whether you appear in his court or not depends on how much you trust your lawyer. Yes he probably will lie. If your lawyer is good he will represent you well and point out the lies. 

And there maybe a good reason not to. If your easily provoked, he could elicit an emotional response from you in court which may not work well In your favor and it maybe best to take your lawyers advice.

The court didnt give me full custody. Im saying the Lawyer said bc me and him are not married he has no legal rights to our daughter but Im thinking of getting full custody. 

And the lawyer didn't tell me to not show up for court. It was the dfcs child support case worker I talked to she said I didn't have to.

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

The court didnt give me full custody. Im saying the Lawyer said bc me and him are not married he has no legal rights to our daughter but Im thinking of getting full custody. 

And the lawyer didn't tell me to not show up for court. It was the dfcs child support case worker I talked to she said I didn't have to.

Listen to your lawyer not dfs. I wouldn't trust dfs any farther then I can throw them. Ask your lawyer if you should show up or not.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Listen to your lawyer not dfs. I wouldn't trust dfs any farther then I can throw them. Ask your lawyer if you should show up or not.

Thats a good idea. Ill defintely ask.