• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

I'm pretty sure there's not one person here that cannot think of one person they'd do much better without .I'm talking about either a family member,close friend or someone in relationship with you- not the nasty clerk in the convenience store where you need never to shop!

I have a cousin,the only cousin who lives within driving distance that has been in close relationship with me all of her life( she's nearing age 60).Having any kind of relationship with this girl is taxing,I don't believe anyone not Indwelled by Holy Spirit could tolerate her in any way shape or form. Impossible,it is no wonder why she has no friends & family members avoid her like the plague.

Well,I was the last to put her on "block" and I am finished.Everyone has their breaking point or their tolerance level,when they cross that threshold it's time to walk away and not look back .There's much more to it because it is spiritual and I've resolved myself to the fact that no matter what " revelation" she claims to have received her rotten fruit proves otherwise and it is high time I kick the dust from my feet and stop wasting my time & energy.

I guess I've not much to say as I'd only be talking badly about her,tale bearing and that's not my thing.I just don't have one more ounce of anything in me to give-volatile ,explosive,unpredictable,behavior gets very old when you are dealing with an unrepentant heart.

Yep, some people you are just better off without!

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

38 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I'm pretty sure there's not one person here that cannot think of one person they'd do much better without .

Some people are determined to push everyone away from them. It always surprises me when people tell me that they do not have any friends. Then I see over time that they do things to force people to stay away from them.  For example, my son use to break windows in the middle of winter. He was determined to be homeless, and I was not going to go along with him. I sent him to live with his mom, and she was willing to go along with him and be homeless with him. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Sometimes, a friend in need, can be a pest

Edited by Duck
  • Haha 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone

I'm pretty sure there's not one person here that cannot think of one person they'd do much better without .I'm talking about either a family member,close friend or someone in relationship with you- not the nasty clerk in the convenience store where you need never to shop!

I have a cousin,the only cousin who lives within driving distance that has been in close relationship with me all of her life( she's nearing age 60).Having any kind of relationship with this girl is taxing,I don't believe anyone not Indwelled by Holy Spirit could tolerate her in any way shape or form. Impossible,it is no wonder why she has no friends & family members avoid her like the plague.

Well,I was the last to put her on "block" and I am finished.Everyone has their breaking point or their tolerance level,when they cross that threshold it's time to walk away and not look back .There's much more to it because it is spiritual and I've resolved myself to the fact that no matter what " revelation" she claims to have received her rotten fruit proves otherwise and it is high time I kick the dust from my feet and stop wasting my time & energy.

I guess I've not much to say as I'd only be talking badly about her,tale bearing and that's not my thing.I just don't have one more ounce of anything in me to give-volatile ,explosive,unpredictable,behavior gets very old when you are dealing with an unrepentant heart.

There are a couple of people in my family. I finally had to admit to The Lord, that I just don't like them. I know it's a terrible thing to admit, but it's the truth!

I'm waiting on Him to change me, or them, or whatever. His will be done

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Duck said:

There are a couple of people in my family. I finally had to admit to The Lord, that I just don't like them. I know it's a terrible thing to admit, but it's the truth!

I'm waiting on Him to change me, or them, or whatever. His will be done

Blessings Duck

Nobody " likes" everyone,that is the truth.As a Born Again Christian "liking" a person is not an issue,it's " loving" then .I honestly believe our Lord is not concerned over us liking people,some people have nothing about them to like

As for " love",it is Christ in us WHO Loves and He Loves everyone,not because of their delightful personalities, wonderful words & deeds but because HE DOES.In Christ I am moved to love even the most difficult to love,liking them has no bearing on that- imo & in my experience

Don't beat yourself up over " personality" conflicts- see what Jesus sees as He Loves unconditionally.

I love my cousin,very much- There's not much to like

In His Love,Kwik

• Well Said! 2

Blessings

After reading John's reply I must comment-Accepting things that are unacceptable & overlooking bad behavior is not expected off us,I would have made the same call as he did.

Separating yourself from people is usually a well thought out& prayed about " decision"-imo the decision is ultimately not even one we( as Christians) would even consider except that it was " the other person's" choice

It's impossible for us Indwelled by Holy Spirit to be joined together in relationships with those who reject Christ-we can pray for them,love them, forgiveness is simple but they do not have to be part of our lives.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

.Having any kind of relationship with this girl is taxing,

I have people tell me that they don't have friends. This always really surprises me. I can get along with most anyone but I soon come to realize why they do not have friends. Because they work very hard at chasing people away from them. I don't know why and I do not really care why. Although I am sure I could figure it out if I wanted to. The LOA people say we have to be positive. If we invest negative energy, we will get negative energy back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone

are you trying to say the world can be a better place without certain people?

• Oy Vey! 1

20 minutes ago, DPMartin said:

are you trying to say the world can be a better place without certain people?

Seriously? No,not " trying" to say anything different that what I have clearly stated. Perhaps you need to re-read what we are discussing....we are discussing personal relationships, not " the world"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/3/2022 at 12:03 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone

Maybe it would be best to be honest with this person and have a talk with them. Tell them exactly how you feel when you are with them. That may be the kindest way to approach this person. Pray for this person.

Edited by missmuffet
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1