• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,204
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Seems like its cancel culture rearing its ugly head again. Who among us has a perfect past?

Indeed. It's ironic considering all of the grumbling about "cancel culture." 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,227
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Lets see he was born what 1859 died 1947. Hmm different times way different times back then. As one said you could go to dinner and not marry her and be accused of misconduct. All I know of this man (Ted Haggard) is admits second relationship with a man. He was 52 the guy was 20. On his blog about him and what he did that lead him to being let go is "Ted resigned from all leadership positions for a period of healing and restoration." I should not have searched as of July 26 2022 "Haggard, 66, is being accused of..." yeah something else. Not going to touch it just praying for him. 

In all my searching digging so far in my life, just in to Wigglesworth never even heard a hint of this. The words Pastor Ted used about Smith were the same exact words use about him. We repent we get up dust off keep going. 

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Pastors like Apostles and Elders are held at higher standards in the NT.

"Like today’s Word-Faith preachers, Wigglesworth failed to make a proper distinction between the person and ministry of Jesus Christ and that of the Christian. He claimed that Jesus Christ increased in the fullness of God and in the power of the Holy Spirit. “I want you to understand that after the trials, after all the temptations and everything, Jesus comes out more full of God, more clothed in the Spirit, more ready for the fight” (Wigglesworth, “The Place of Power,” June 1916, reprinted in The Anointing of His Spirit, p. 146). This is heresy. The Lord Jesus Christ was God the Son. He could not be “more full of God.” Further, He was given the Spirit without measure (John 3:34). The Lord Jesus Christ did not come to be our example; He came to be our Savior (Lk. 19:10)."

"Instead he taught: “Jesus would have us come forth in divine likeness, in resurrection force, in the power of the Spirit, to walk in faith and understand his Word, what he meant when he said he would give us power over all the power of the enemy. Christ will subdue all things till everything comes into perfect harmony with his will” (Wigglesworth, “The Substance of Things Hoped For,” Pentecostal Evangel, Oct. 25, 1924). This is a destructive doctrinal error which causes people to be confused about what they can and cannot expect from God in this present time. Such false teaching produces great confusion and results in the overthrowing of the faith of great numbers of people who, having tried to exercise the faith spoken of by the Pentecostal preacher and having failed to achieve the desired miracle, give up in great despair. Faith is trusting God and His Word NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES, whether He does miracles or whether He does not do miracles. Faith is waiting on God to bring His promises to pass, regardless of what I am experiencing in this present life. Hebrews 11 reminds us that there are two kinds of faith: that which overcomes difficulties (Heb. 11:32- 35a) and that which endures difficulties (Heb. 11:35b-40)."

https://atwistedcrownofthorns.com/2012/12/14/what-did-smith-wigglesworth-really-preach/

read to here, thanks all for your input.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 9/22/2022 at 10:31 AM, Daniel Marsh said:

anyone heard of this?
Smith Wigglesworth: Disqualified? – The Pastor's Pen

No, but I looked it up.  It was back in the 1920s.  I don't mean to sound cynical, but it's ancient history about a fallen charismatic pastor.

https://tedhaggardblog.com/2014/06/06/smith-wigglesworth-disqualified/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Wigglesworth

Edited by Workman
  • Thumbs Up 1