angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Christ, our perfect example, has one bride.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Using the Bible to characterize polygamy as being sanctioned or approved of by God is nothing but sloppy, irresponsible theology.

Amen, and Amen! :emot-hug:

t.

"All anyone really needs to do is to examine the lives of men who were married to multiple wives at once in the Bible, and see where their polygamous marriages landed them. Nowhere does it say that God ordained David and Solomon to marry Mulitple wives, and in each case their polygamy was rewarded with heartbreak. In fact, IN EVERY SINGLE case of of polygamous relationships, it never leads to blessing, but only sorrow."
All the cases you name have specific reasons given as to why these men lacked blessing and reaped sorrow. Each cause is named specificly, and it is NEVER EVER SAID TO BE THE NUMBER OF THESE MEN'S WIVES, this is getting exhausting, no one answers to that assertion. I have said it before THIS EVENING, in THIS THREAD but it just keeps popping up like gophers in a barnyard. Will somebody show me the verse that says it is these men's polygyny that led to trouble? You can't, yet I can show you the verses that states what there trouble was attributed to. Nehemiah 13:25 & 26,
"And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves. Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin."
Which is confirmed earlier in these verses 1st Kings 11:1 & 2,
But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love."
Which by the way, is exactly what happened, and a specific violation of this law. Exodus 34:15 & 16.
"Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods."
Which predicts exactly what happens to Solomon and WHY, and this law, Deuteronomy 7:3 & 4.
"Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly."
Let's not forget this one. Joshua 23:11 - 13,
"Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the LORD your God. Else if ye do in any wise go back, and cleave unto the remnant of these nations, even these that remain among you, and shall make marriages with them, and go in unto them, and they to you. Know for a certainty that the LORD your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you."
Are you picking up the pattern here? Solomon made marriage covenants with foreign nations and their families to take their daughters which the Lord specificly forbade and foretold that if that happened, they would ensnare Israel in the way in which Solomon was ensnared. Never ever is it said it was the NUMBER of his wives that turned him away, it was the FOREIGN ORIGIN of his WIVES with which he entered into MARRIAGE COVENANT to acquire, who came with and kept their abomidable religions.

Do we want to discuss David now? For his failure is just as unrelated to the number of wives he had, as Solomon's was, and I can prove it.

Hugh McBryde

Edited by Prakk

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

2nd Cor 1:2 has more to do with you my friend Prakk than with the argument you are making.

I repeat, 2nd Corinthians 11:2, explain please. Must I give you a hint? How can Paul be father of the bride and bride all at the same time? Thus there must be more than one bride, more than one church or more than one way to come to Christ other than as a bride.

More than one Church? There is no Biblical foundation for that. More than One way to come to Christ other than joining Him as One? I don't recall any foundation for that one either.

You are begining to expose your True beliefs. :emot-hug:

Lets examine what Paul is saying in 2 Cor 11:2?

2Co

Edited by Dr. Luke