IGNORED

Anyone Know A Verse About God Removing His Presence From People That Love Him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

2 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

But suffering isn't always evil. 

Jesus suffered for our sins, His suffering is a selfless act of love.

I'm not sure what the point here is. This is all in response to a question about people who claim that God has removed His presence from their lives, and I'm saying there is a need to define what is meant by God removing his presence. I'm pointing out that lots of people consider (correctly or not) suffering in their lives and the world at large to be synonymous with "evil." Natural disasters, the death of children, famine etc. People talk about these things as being evil, asking why God made a world in which there are such things. I'm simply trying to point out that lots of people refer to "bad stuff" as suffering and/or evil in general.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BK1110 said:

I'm not sure what the point here is. This is all in response to a question about people who claim that God has removed His presence from their lives, and I'm saying there is a need to define what is meant by God removing his presence. I'm pointing out that lots of people consider (correctly or not) suffering in their lives and the world at large to be synonymous with "evil." Natural disasters, the death of children, famine etc. People talk about these things as being evil, asking why God made a world in which there are such things. I'm simply trying to point out that lots of people refer to "bad stuff" as suffering and/or evil in general.

It was in responce to Your comment to me

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

1 hour ago, BK1110 said:

And i was saying , not all suffering is evil

Guest AFlameOfFire

Heres a few mentioned here if they can be helpful at all

Job 34:29 When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only

Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid

2 Ch 15:2 ...The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

1 Sam 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Psal 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Psalm 13, David opens with, " How long O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide you're face from me?" David feels abandoned,  like I do at times. Then he finishes the Psalm, singing praises to the LORD, because he trusts in him, and he doesn't lean on his own understanding. Thanks for sharing that topic, I feel that way also at times. Remember, he will never leave us nor forsake us. God Bless!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I myself can not see the Father ever doing that in my life. Now that being said if I am not walking with Him and stuck in sin  then I can see how it might look like "feel" like He is not even there. Oh praise GOD glory to JESUS! Well every promise He spoke He has to do. As the word says.. its not Him that pulled away its us. By that I mean "But each one is tempted when he is dragged away, enticed and baited [to commit sin] by his own [worldly] desire (lust, passion)." In those moments I am not going to feel Gods presence.

I disagree with " "God allows evil/suffering to come into one's life.". God can not do evil. The only time that happens is like James said in 1:14.  If we read Job we find out he kept saying something over and over https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png Satan knew about that hedge about Job. This world at that time was not Gods but Satan was still is the god of this world. Christ said if this was my kingdom my servants would not allow you to take me  “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

Its not written Satan is like a roaring lion seeking only those the Father allows him to steal kill and destroy. Why we always renew our minds, pray, stick together praying as one. To always have His word before our eyes. That word is what we need to be reading (hello me) all the time. That is our sword that will always keep him at bay.