• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Here's another in the appearance of human.

Ezekiel 1:26

And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/5/2022 at 12:39 AM, plo1988 said:

Genesis 32:30
King James Version
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

John 1:18
King James Version
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

I don't get it. Is Genesis saying that Jacob saw God face to face?

Hosea might say that it was an angel he wrestled with.

Hosea 12:3-4
King James Version
3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;

Does Genesis clearly say that Jacob saw God face to face? How could no man have ever seen God? And wouldn't Adam have? God walked in the cool of the day in the garden and drove out Adam and Eve (unless I got that wrong). Was he just invisible the entire time in the garden when Adam looked? I don't know if it reads like that. Didn't God talk to Cain and Abel and put a mark on Cain? Wouldn't he have had to have done it invisibly for no man to have ever seen him? And again, by my estimation, it kind of says that Jacob saw God face to face. Did Jacob get it wrong when he named that place like he didn't see God?

You have to look at the context of the message, sometimes seeing someone face to face is an expression of intimacy and relating. Its likely that the man God wrestled with was God the Son, but not God the Father. Jesus is the fullness of God as man so we will all see Jesus, but the Father and Spirit i do not know. God is triune so it depends on Who it is depending on if we will see them face to face or not. God The Father has never been seen by a man, because He is in an unapproachable light, but Jesus, the Spirit has never been seen as a person. Jesus however, has been seen by 1000s of people. 

Edited by Prycejosh1987
wrong section.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 10/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, plo1988 said:

King James Version
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

King James Version
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

King James Version
3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;

Does Genesis clearly say that Jacob saw God face to face? How could no man have ever seen God? And wouldn't Adam have? God walked in the cool of the day in the garden and drove out Adam and Eve (unless I got that wrong). Was he just invisible the entire time in the garden when Adam looked? I don't know if it reads like that. Didn't God talk to Cain and Abel and put a mark on Cain? Wouldn't he have had to have done it invisibly for no man to have ever seen him? And again, by my estimation, it kind of says that Jacob saw God face to face. Did Jacob get it wrong when he named that place like he didn't see God?

As far as Jacob he may have come to realize he was in the presence of God, which makes it face to face though he may not have seen God as Jesus describes as the Son in the bosom of the Father which there is a good chance is the full revelation of God the Father which would be in and through the Son.

What you’re really talking about is the revelation of God

Edited by DPMartin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 10/4/2022 at 7:39 PM, plo1988 said:

King James Version

King James Version

King James Version

The pre-incarnate Jesus dealt with people personally in the Old Testament. No one has yet seen the Father and lived, except the Son. Note how the Father's throne is covered by angelic beings in the OT.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Colossians 1:13–15 (KJV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God.

John 14:9 (KJV)
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus is not the Father, but Jesus is all you are going to see of the Godhead with human (physical) eyes. 

Jesus made appearances in the Old Testament referred to as a theophany in theologian terms. Jacob wrestling with God and Moses seeing God's back, etc.

That being said,

we also have the account of Luke 16:19-31 (the rich man and Lazarus) which gives us insight to the spirit realm and how very physical like it is.

Abraham, Lazarus, and the rich man all had the abilities to:

• see
  • recognizability
  • hear
  • speak
  • touch
  • experience pain
  • thirst

The appearance of Moses and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-8) the spirits of the two long dead prophets stood beside the glorified Jesus and were instantly recognized by the disciples and they appeared human.

There was a sight apparently that is beyond eyesight / physical  eyesight. And the disciples knew who they were.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Bonus point:

Colossians 1:13–15 (KJV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

This image (the human form) which God chose before the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8) is the image God the Word created Adam in the likeness of.

That is how man is made in the image of God.

To be most accurate, God made Adam in the likeness of the image of God (which is Jesus).

We are made to look like Jesus.

It's only by arrogant pride that people attempt to read more into our being made in the image of God.

Only God is God.