• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is true and the other unbelievers can not be burned as well. Their soul will live a conscious eternity forever and ever in hell. Although because of Revelation 20:12 I do believe there will be levels of punishment in hell. Although it will all be very, very bad. There will be different rewards in heaven for the believers. 

Can't find that written ANYWHERE in the words of GOD THE ONLY ONE who receives that sentence is the devil.  MAN only has A PART in the lake of fire and that part is death.  The 2nd death is death not eternal torment.   It is the consuming fire that is eternal not the carrying out of the punishment.  It is the smoke that goes up forever, like the splendor of the meadows that vanish into smoke and vanishes away.  

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

of which the beast and the false prophet are. 

Men shall be tormented with fire and brimstone but it is only in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb and I'll bet the holy angels and the Lamb don't spend all eternity doing that.  

I can't imagine teaching the Creator - A CONSUMING FIRE would/could create something that He couldn't....CONSUME.  Like kindling in a consuming fire that is never burnt up.  

ANY IDEA how OFTEN forever and ever eternal and everlasting  doesn't mean forever and ever like we think they do?  
Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Jeremiah 30:12 For thus saith the LORD, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous.

Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

Zephaniah 2:9 Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them.

Jeremiah 49:6 And afterward I will bring again the captivity of the children of Ammon, saith the LORD.

Leviticus 24:8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Ezekiel 16:53 When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them:

Ezekiel 16:54 That thou mayest bear thine own shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort unto them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

12 hours ago, Selah7 said:

@missmuffet Greetings.  This is the way I see it.

Revelation 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 

My, my, my! some idea of heaven. No, I don't believe so.

The Bible repeatedly states that the wicked will perish and experience the second death—the DESTRUCTION OF THE SOUL. 

What does John 3:16 say?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  - John 3:16 (NKJV)

I firmly feel that verse 10 has been (intentionally) mistranslated. The Greek word "basanos" is the origin of the English word "torment," which means (through the notion of going to the bottom). But the entire phrase simply implies that Satan will be consumed, debased, and destroyed day and night (for all eternity), forever and ever (to be no more).

Okay, let’s look at a second account of events, another description of Satan's final doom, found in the 28th chapter of Ezekiel. Here's how Satan dies. He is destroyed by FIRE. Is it true that God is a consuming fire? Yes, it’s true. Hebrews 12 documents it.  

For our God is a consuming fire. - Hebrews 12:29

God will destroy Satan, reduce him to ashes and completely erase him from existence.

Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Satan will BE NO MORE.  His very name in Greek is "Apollyon" which means “PERISH,” and that is why he is called the "Son of Perdition.”—the son who will perish.  

Selah 

Rev. 20:10 (NKJV) - 

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

Rev. 20:10 (NKJV) - 

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

selah

- Revelation 21:2-8 (NKJV)

• Thumbs Up 1

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

- Matthew 10:28 (NKJV)

Selah

continued from above …

Regarding Matthew 10:28, it’s crucial that we know that only the Almighty God Himself has the power to destroy both body and soul. Our body and soul were both created by God and just as He is able to create both, so too is He able to destroy both.  

- Selah 

Edited by Selah7
typo

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, Selah7 said:

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

- Matthew 10:28 (NKJV)

Selah

Berean Literal Bible
And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul. Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. 

ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΤΘΑΙΟΝ 10:28 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Edition
καὶ μὴ φοβεῖσθε ἀπὸ τῶν ἀποκτεννόντων τὸ σῶμα, τὴν δὲ ψυχὴν μὴ δυναμένων ἀποκτεῖναι· φοβεῖσθε δὲ μᾶλλον τὸν δυνάμενον καὶ ψυχὴν καὶ σῶμα ἀπολέσαι ἐν γεέννῃ.

Luke 12:5 

◄ Luke 12:5 ►

Luke 12 Interlinear

5.  I will show moreover you whom
you should fear
Fear him whom after

having killed has authority to cast

into geennan
γέενναν  ;

yes

I say to you him fear

International Standard Version luke 12:5 
I'll show you the one you should be afraid of. Be afraid of the one who has the authority to throw you into (hell) geennan after killing you. Yes, 

γέεννα (Ancient Greek)

Origin & history

From the Biblical Hebrew גֵּיהִנּוֹם (gēhinnṓm, "the valley of Hinnom"), from גַּיְא (gáyʾ, "valley") and הִנֹּם (hinnṓm, "Hinnom"). The Hinnom Valley was a valley on the southern border of Jerusalem where refuse and the bodies of people denied a proper burial were burned. According to tradition, child sacrifices also took place in this valley. In most usages, this is an allegorical reference to hell.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Selah7 said:

continued from above …

Regarding Matthew 10:28, it’s crucial that we know that only the Almighty God Himself has the power to destroy both body and soul. Our body and soul were both created by God and just as He is able to create both, so too is He able to destroy both.  

- Selah 

Matthew 10:28  If anything, it could easily mean that they will face the eternal destruction of God by the means of eternal conscious torment not be destroyed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Matthew 10:28  If anything, it could easily mean that they will face the eternal destruction of God by the means of eternal conscious torment not be destroyed. 

That is ETERNAL LIFE.  

The choices are life or death 

NOT   

eternal GOOD life or eternal BAD life

• Thumbs Up 1

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

4229. machah 
Strong's Concordance
machah: abolish
Original Word: מָחָה
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: machah
Phonetic Spelling: (maw-khaw')
Definition: to wipe, wipe out
Brown-Driver-Briggs
I. מָחָה verb wipe, wipe out (Late Hebrew id.; Arabic https://biblehub.com/bdbgif/bdb056201.gif, efface, erase, cancel, obliterate; Aramaic מְחָא (I), compare Phoenician למחת according to stroke = exactly HoffinPhoenician Inschr., Abh. GGW, xxxvi. May 1889, 9). —

• Well Said! 1

29 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

This is what God plainly says: 

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

What is it that’s not clear to you, missmuffet?  

selah