IGNORED

Why do so many NDEs appear to confirm reincarnation. What do you all think??

Amigo42

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

In what way do any NDEs confirm reincarnation? I've never heard that suggestion before.

My mother had several NDEs as a child, though without ever being near death. (It was the effect of the anaesthetic used by the dentist whenever she had teeth removed). She found them terrifying (probably because she wasn't dying and so couldn't explain the sensations in a satisfactory way). So personally, I believe they are "real" experiences but not necessarily true experiences of death.

What about veridical NDEs?  In other words, where a person's soul or consciousness leaves the body and later when the person is revived details entire conversations, events, and even thoughts that occur doors down the hall or even across the vast distances?  These things occurred while people were on an operating table with no brain activity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

What about veridical NDEs?  In other words, where a person's soul or consciousness leaves the body and later when the person is revived details entire conversations, events, and even thoughts that occur doors down the hall or even across the vast distances?  These things occurred while people were on an operating table with no brain activity.

I would not support that at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

12 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

True.  Now, I want to be clear.  I don't personally believe in reincarnation. Can't imagine coming back to this jacked up world.  However, I can't deny that so many NDEs mention what they interpret as reincarnation.  I personally think it is being confused with the reality that we are all connected to God, so one can see other people's lives, and it can feel as if it is them personally.

Again...what is your source? What percentage? What is a lot?

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It would be interesting to know how many NDEs true born-again believers have c.f. non-believers. Is it possible that at the very last moment, before a person gives up their eternal soul, they will cry out mentally for Jesus to save them and believe? What about the millisecond before a high-speed head-on automobile crash? How is it possible that a person’s entire life can flash before their eyes in less than one second under extreme duress?

Could some of these NDEs be deceptions from the demonic supernatural world to prevent the Salvation of some souls?

I've studied NDEs fairly extensively and can say that you are making very valid points.  There are NDEs from faithful Christians that have made them more strong in the faith and NDEs that turned atheists away from non-belief.  Some NDEs appear to vary based on belief systems.  For example, most Christians will see Jesus, God, or angels in some way.  Hindus might see Krishna or who they perceive as Krishna.  An atheist may just meet angels, light beings, or a being of great power who they can only describe as God.  So, there is some variation in NDEs, so does this make them invalid?  I don't think so.  Here's why.  Though there is variation, there is a substantial number of consistencies.

For example, people all say they experience a being of overwhelming love, leave their bodies, meet relatives who have passed, have a sudden awareness of higher level knowledge that is gone when they return to their bodies.  

All of this confirms that there is more to this life than we see with our eyes.  I also think the variation of NDEs is due to the designers of them creating an environment that is comforting as souls transition.  It doesn't mean everything is all true, and it doesn't mean everything is all false.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

5 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

So, there is some variation in NDEs, so does this make them invalid?  I don't think so.  Here's why.  Though there is variation, there is a substantial number of consistencies.

For example, people all say they experience a being of overwhelming love, leave their bodies, meet relatives who have passed, have a sudden awareness of higher level knowledge that is gone when they return to their bodies.  

All of this confirms that there is more to this life than we see with our eyes.  I also think the variation of NDEs is due to the designers of them creating an environment that is comforting as souls transition.  It doesn't mean everything is all true, and it doesn't mean everything is all false.

Well, maybe, maybe not. The bible is pretty clear that the dead know nothing. (Eccl. 9:5) There isn't anything there for them to know because they are dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I'd like to see the actual stats on this...like first off how do they confirm it and how do you know a lot of them? What's your source? What percentage is a lot? Etc.

You can check out IAANDs.  This is a site sponsored by UVA.  Countless NDEs have been examined and verified.  Another site is run by Dr. Jeffrey Long, a Christian.  It's NDERF.org I believe.  

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

The claim is a lot of NDEs confirm reincarnation. Well, what percentage is a "lot" and what actual % of NDEs confirm reincarnation?

Just clarify.  These can't be confirmed in terms of being true.  I mean that the NDEs appear to affirm it.  Again, I don't personally believe that.  

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What great majority? Explain. 

A substantial number of NDEs report leaving their bodies and meeting Jesus.  Some see God, angels, or relatives who passed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,318
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

This has been discussed previously on the forum. Some of us have been close to death, and others (like my adopted mother) were declared dead. My experience was similar to Paul's on the road to Damascus, only I wasn't struck blind afterward like the apostle was. I couldn't speak.

I was speechless. It's difficult to explain what it was like, so I don't try. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

37 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I would not support that at all. 

I just want to clarify that these aren't induced by drugs, meditation, or anything one might consider "demonic."  These people report such things simply by dying even if their heart just stopped temporarily.  So, they're not purposeful.